Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #15
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayracn View Post
No Aux pump? Just cam for high side?
He has a JMS Booster that helps the low side. Granted not as well as a full low side pump but it helps.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:30 PM   #16
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayracn View Post
No Aux pump? Just cam for high side?
Correct no aux pump, only jms booster. Also 38% fuel lobe on the cam which helps a lot because my high side is what was falling off before. Could only run 25% ethanol in good air, now I'll be running at least 50% e in good air, if not more. I'll do some logs when I get home but air is only going to get worse in the summer months.

Reason I like to post my results, so others will know what to expect and what we can get away with. I believe csp hit 800whp with an interchiller and a similar setup, but they were running more boost and no ethanol

Last edited by Evansa22; 04-23-2022 at 01:04 AM.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:31 AM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
No I'm still in CA, but I've been working with Herold motorsports for over a year and decided to have him do this round of mods.

Zx10, I'm ok with the factory blower right now. We'll see how temps are with the cooling mods but I think it'll be ok with an occasional track day and back road driving
So I guess they use PowerFab to tune.

So many dang good shops in Houston to choose from!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:47 PM   #18
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Congrats, so are some AWESOME numbers...
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:22 AM   #19
Evansa22

Made it home safe. Nice 22 hour drive which was kind of cool after I've been without her for 2 months. Now time to get some ethanol back in her and make some pulls. Forgot just how amazing this car handles
Old 04-25-2022, 09:40 AM   #20
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Made it home safe. Nice 22 hour drive which was kind of cool after I've been without her for 2 months. Now time to get some ethanol back in her and make some pulls. Forgot just how amazing this car handles
Congrats getting it home. 22 hrs is a long haul. That is some serious seat time.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:46 AM   #21
Evansa22

Thanks, their were a few moments where I thought what the f am I doing haha. But it all worked out and grateful I didn't encounter any rain. Now it's time to have some fun
Old 06-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #22
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Correct no aux pump, only jms booster. Also 38% fuel lobe on the cam which helps a lot because my high side is what was falling off before. Could only run 25% ethanol in good air, now I'll be running at least 50% e in good air, if not more. I'll do some logs when I get home but air is only going to get worse in the summer months.

Reason I like to post my results, so others will know what to expect and what we can get away with. I believe csp hit 800whp with an interchiller and a similar setup, but they were running more boost and no ethanol

Like you, i also want to see how far I can get on the JMS only... I recall JRE said just around 780rwhp +/-
Now 2 months later... anything you would have done different?
Any heat issues with the increase in boost?
Im planning my next round of mods and our list is very similar.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #23
Evansa22

Would've used a different shop but that's a whole different story. I didn't increase the boost this round of mods. Between the ported heads and cam, boost ended up right where it was before,13.5 psi. Interested to hear your setup with the magnaflow muffler as I have one that's been sitting in my garage for a year and still debating using it or just doing resonators.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:40 AM   #24
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Don't want to stir the pot but I guess I will, that seems like a lot of work for those power numbers no? I dyno'd at 702HP with just a tune and adding the 2650 Magnuson, wouldn't going with a bigger blower and than progressively adding more and more mods have produced a better outcome? Not trying to start shit here, and I know the stock blower guys are gonna jump on me for asking this question. And yes I know, it's your build, I just thought there may be more efficient ways of making even more horsepower than the route you took. So with that being said why didn't you upgrade the blower (to whatever brand you want) as opposed to going the way you did?
Old 06-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #25
Evansa22

Started with boltons and ported blower. Was thinking about what I was gonna do for next round of mods and then the oil pump failed. Figured might as well upgrade this stuff while the pump was getting replaced anyway. Also needed more high side fuel which was the reason for the cam. 2650 wouldn't have done much for me as I was already tapped on the high side after the boltons and flex fuel.

I do agree, I thought I would have made more power on just 91/93 but they're just dyno numbers and have no baseline because of the oil pump. Also on that pull MAT temps were 180 so I'd think their is more in it with colder temps. I'm only running an 8.6 lower so not adding much boost which is also why numbers may not be as high as they could be. I feel like the tuner is also an idiot haha. I dont take it personal, ask away and ill give my honest opinion. If I did it again and wasn't worried about the oil pump, would've probably done 2650 and port injection.

I guess to answer your question, the oil pump is the reason I went the way I did. However I do love the sound of the cam and car as a whole with the mods so I'm not unhappy with it at all, quite the opposite and it has plenty of power especially for the street.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #26
Evansa22

Also from the beginning, I wanted to stick with the stock blower and have no intentions at this point to do anymore upgrades. Got a new tuner and gonna dial it in with him and call it good. Also the smaller blower takes less power to spin, weighs less, and has a harder hit in lower rpms. Primary reasons I wanted to stick with it, and to just make the stock configuration as efficient as possible
Old 06-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #27
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Fair enough on all your points! And I appreciate the honest reply Evans, even in regards to your shit tuner haha
Old 06-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #28
KamZL1

Drives: ZL1
man I read that coyotes have port from factory, imagine if we got that like lt5. these cars would be buckwild man
KamZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote