Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #1
M_2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Rev-hang/low RPM Blower Surge

So recently I got my ECS Novi 1500 Supercharger installed and tuned. Supporting mods are cam, 95 MM TB, LT4 Fueling, and LT2 Intake manifold.

Car drives great, but I noticed that when I am coming to a stoplight/stop sign, and I go to clutch in, the revs do not come down to idle. They will “hang” around 1750 and will not return to idle (850 RPM) until the vehicle speed drops below 5 MPH in 1st gear.

I talked to my tuner and he mentioned that the rev hang is being caused by the blow-off valve not bleeding off air pressure quickly enough and placing pressure on the TB blade. My gut is telling me that it is a tune issue.

Has anybody else experienced this low RPM rev-hang with a centrifugal blower? What part of the tune should I be looking at to get this under control?
M_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #2
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
My wifes SS does the same with the Edelbrock 2.3 every now and then, it will hang as well its standard so usually just letting out the clutch in gear then pressing back in it goes down. When I had the Stock CAN tune it didn't do it then I added headers and Powerfab tuned it and still it did not do it. I took it to sorian because I gave her my LT4 fuel parts and did the DSX pump. He has it running better than powerfab other than a hanging throttle. If it was every time I'd probably make more of a fuss but its every now and then he's looked at tune but hasn't figured it out yet. Thing is if he puts the powerfab tune back in it doesn't do it but it also drives like a turbo car and its a PD blower. Its strong then all the sudden the turbos kick in and its like hold on.. but it has no turbo lol, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the TB because powerfab had it never opening all the way at certain rpm bands ect..

Hopefully you figure it out so i can figure out the wifes car.. its definitely not a problem on a lt4 only a ss.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 06-04-2022 at 07:06 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote