Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #155
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Agreed. Now they are saying the times are falsified and that they are waiting on GM to put out a Press Release on why the times are faked. I swear, those morons on that forum crack me up. It's comedy central 24hrs a day over there.
I already cleared that up for them.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #156
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
That guy over there is just ridiculous.. Too much hate for one brand and too much love for another. I thought that was a 13 year old thing to do.

It's obvious why it shows 7:38 on there if you see it also stop at 30.11 or whatever the exact time was. 8 seconds has elapsed since then... Sigh.. However, when you hate something so bad and try to make it look bad all the time, you will continue to make an ass of yourself and look like an idiot.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #157
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yup, I'm right there with you. Aaron is also a manual kind of guy but said he would go auto on this one.

The CFI has a removable piece under the hood for track days to get more air flowing there too. It fills the air gap to deflect water to the side of the engine for normal driving. 3 bolts and it's out for the track.
Thanks again...I did not know about that hood item, great to know...I will definitely be doing that at track days. It gets excessively hot at my local track, Willow Springs...especially in the summer months

I am on order for a 6M, but I have to admit the onboard video is a pretty good seller of the A10 and definitely has me on the fence now. I am one of those odd people that wanted the Carbon Fiber dash, so my order is on hold (until November something...?), so I guess I have a few weeks to switch to an A10 if I wanted to. But the two things that stopped me in the first place still exist...1st the extended wait...not sure if I want to wait until next spring or so to get my new ZL1...and 2nd the long term reliability. As awesome as it looks, it still is the first real application of the A10 and I am just not sure how it will hold up over the years...where a manual is just a manual. I am not usually the one to be the very first to get something. I like others to sort it out before I lay my money, but it is tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I'm still concerned actually. Although I've never lapped the ring I can see it's got lots of cooling opportunities. I'm VERY curious to see how the cooling works on short tight American tracks. I keep switching back and forth in my head if I should replace my Gen 5 1LE with a Gen 6 ZL1 or 1LE. The cooloing is the big if. So I'll be watching closely next year as these beasts get in the hands of track rats.
I am sure everyone will be keeping a close eye on this topic as ZL1s start getting into public hands. Since the issue with the LT4 in the Z06 occurred, especially in multiple mainstream motor magazine shootouts. This has to be the one of the biggest things that every general car fan will be watching....and waiting for to see if GM was able to correct it's original problem with the LT4...

...this is one reason, I think they will...because everyone is watching...like under a microscope. If they fail again, it will be bad...very, very bad in the public eye. Every competitor will be going off on GM if they can't fix a problem that everyone knows they have already. The ZL1 is sort of a chance at redemption for the LT4,...I hope
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #158
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Agreed. Now they are saying the times are falsified and that they are waiting on GM to put out a Press Release on why the times are faked. I swear, those morons on that forum crack me up. It's comedy central 24hrs a day over there.
lolwuttttt.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #159
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Old 10-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #160
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
lolwuttttt.
The in car timer shows a different time than what GM said because the start stop points aren't the same for the lap time. They think GM just knocked a few seconds off the lap time to make it look better and the video shows the "true" lap time.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #161
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
surprised that GM hasn't released the the G6 1LE (V8 & V6)times on the ring(if they even tested them there..)
Time is limited. Hero laps come only when everything else is done, and then only if the weather isn't too bad. So they have to prioritize which cars get the first shot, and the 1LEs are going to rank behind the ZL1.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:27 PM   #162
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Plus don't the 'Ring officials now require payment for each released time?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #163
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
Its suprising how close the cars are until the Z/28 starts sliding.
Watching the videos, they are about as close as it gets till the rain starts a bit before 6:20, but that ZL1 has a monster top speed on the straight of the course after that, 181mph ZL1 vs. 161MPH of the Z/28.
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #164
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
I know the Ring is hurting for money to keep the track open, but,
I've always wondered how Ring officials can charge for posting a video time from on board a car. Sure they can charge for running on the track, but video of that run? That seems far reaching, must be in the agreement before allowing cars to run.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #165
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
I've always wondered how Ring officials can charge for posting a video time from on board a car. Sure they can charge for running on the track, but video of that run? That seems far reaching, must be in the agreement before allowing cars to run.
Or could simply be the threat of not being allowed back if the manufacturer doesn't play along.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #166
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
And yet the gt350r time was just a random rumor from some bs site, no proof and never confirmed. But it's believed to be true.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #167
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Thanks again...I did not know about that hood item, great to know...I will definitely be doing that at track days. It gets excessively hot at my local track, Willow Springs...especially in the summer months

I am on order for a 6M, but I have to admit the onboard video is a pretty good seller of the A10 and definitely has me on the fence now. I am one of those odd people that wanted the Carbon Fiber dash, so my order is on hold (until November something...?), so I guess I have a few weeks to switch to an A10 if I wanted to. But the two things that stopped me in the first place still exist...1st the extended wait...not sure if I want to wait until next spring or so to get my new ZL1...and 2nd the long term reliability. As awesome as it looks, it still is the first real application of the A10 and I am just not sure how it will hold up over the years...where a manual is just a manual. I am not usually the one to be the very first to get something. I like others to sort it out before I lay my money, but it is tempting...

I am sure everyone will be keeping a close eye on this topic as ZL1s start getting into public hands. Since the issue with the LT4 in the Z06 occurred, especially in multiple mainstream motor magazine shootouts. This has to be the one of the biggest things that every general car fan will be watching....and waiting for to see if GM was able to correct it's original problem with the LT4...

...this is one reason, I think they will...because everyone is watching...like under a microscope. If they fail again, it will be bad...very, very bad in the public eye. Every competitor will be going off on GM if they can't fix a problem that everyone knows they have already. The ZL1 is sort of a chance at redemption for the LT4,...I hope
You'll likely burn up 3 clutches before you ever harm that A10. Once you own the car the wait will be over. Also once you see how much the A10 kills the performance of the 6m you'll realize why they put the A10 on hold until they dump the 6m's.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #168
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
Think of it this way....you own a track that every multi-billion dollar performance car company wants to come tear up and put down a lap time. They want YOUR track, just because it's the unofficial standard of the world. You need to maintian, and insure your track for such exhibitions of speed, and well, frankly - you own it.

Would you not ask for a little payment in exchange for providing these very wealthy companies with a marketing soundbite?

And....it's also a way to keep them all honest. Some companies can be a little more wiley than others. Gotta be fair to everyone, and hold some level of standards.