Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
JPSS Goodies Review

Placeholder for after the 4th. Grip loading. Should compliment the Z28 kit nicely.

- Caster Locks
- Al Billet Bushes
- SAI Plates

Name:  0630161639.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  86.8 KB

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Nice! I intend to make a JPSS haul similar to yours. soon.

excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the camber plates and the SAI plates?
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
Pete (holy cow, there are a lot of Petes on here) the camber plates allow an adjustable range of camber and SAI, whereas these are fixed. I have the caster locks and radius rod bushing inserts on my car, and I can confirm they make a noticeable difference in steering response. Definitely worth the money!

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Pete (holy cow, there are a lot of Petes on here) the camber plates allow an adjustable range of camber and SAI, whereas these are fixed. I have the caster locks and radius rod bushing inserts on my car, and I can confirm they make a noticeable difference in steering response. Definitely worth the money!
thanks for clearing that up!
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Thank you all for the kind words. We appreciate your business. I am looking forward to some giant SEGs... SOON!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #6
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Installed my inserts yesterday but I got the Delrin instead hoping to get the 1LE shocks on this morning and take for a drive...Waiting on the my Z/28 UCA bushing to stiffen the rear up a touch more...
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #7
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Installed my inserts yesterday but I got the Delrin instead hoping to get the 1LE shocks on this morning and take for a drive...Waiting on the my Z/28 UCA bushing to stiffen the rear up a touch more...
Old 07-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Got shocks an struts installed yesterday along with the radius arm inserts and the the steering is much more responsive an precise the 1LE shocks an struts are a little harsh but livable. Shout out to Pete an JPSS crew for a great product(inserts) and for the price you can't go wrong awesome pieces!!!! Just need to install the Z/28 UCA bushings and get some subframe bushings.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #9
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Family issue came up, will start getting this stuff tossed on tonight. Got an event this Sunday. Install, shakedown, and tuning? Challenge accepted!

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #10
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Got shocks an struts installed yesterday along with the radius arm inserts and the the steering is much more responsive an precise the 1LE shocks an struts are a little harsh but livable. Shout out to Pete an JPSS crew for a great product(inserts) and for the price you can't go wrong awesome pieces!!!! Just need to install the Z/28 UCA bushings and get some subframe bushings.

It is amazing how much improvement there is in the steering when dynamic caster and toe changes are under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf583 View Post
Family issue came up, will start getting this stuff tossed on tonight. Got an event this Sunday. Install, shakedown, and tuning? Challenge accepted!
I hope things work out well for you.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #11
Synner

Drives: cars
Inspect the bearings really well before cutting up your shock towers. If they're anything like the cheap chinese ones used in their current camber plates you'll want to replace them before you install them. There's over 1/2" of slop between top and bottom plates with the ones I received.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #12
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Inspect the bearings really well before cutting up your shock towers. If they're anything like the cheap chinese ones used in their current camber plates you'll want to replace them before you install them. There's over 1/2" of slop between top and bottom plates with the ones I received.
A 1/2" of slop? Please call me.

FYI -- We have used Made in America bearings for years. The top plate bearing is Made by Aurora and is hands down the best available bearing made any where. The lower bearing for spring seat was originally made in the USA. The company that makes the banded thrust bearing migrated production from the USA to Mexico and then China. We redesigned the spring seat to accept a different style bearing made in the USA.

Last edited by JusticePete; 07-11-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #13
Synner

Drives: cars
The original lower plate bearings made by Pedders were a high quality sealed Japanese bearing, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. The ones I have now are definitely made in China. I brought my concerns to your attention when I first bought them and received no response. I'm deployed now so I can't call or deal with it.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:06 AM   #14
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The original lower plate bearings made by Pedders were a high quality sealed Japanese bearing, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. The ones I have now are definitely made in China. I brought my concerns to your attention when I first bought them and received no response. I'm deployed now so I can't call or deal with it.
You received no reply because I have no record of your contact. When you get back, we can address whatever issue you have.

Tags
billet, caster, jpss, plate, sai