Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
The Case for a March Unveiling...

Does anyone else have a growing feeling that we'll see the car unveiled within the next month, even if it's not a New York?

GM has posted two blog posts on the Camaro within the past two or three weeks, this is a pretty clear indication that they're greasing the wheels.

End of ordering windows for 2015 model year falls somewhere between April and June. I believe they'll have a small window between unveiling the 6th Gen and cutting of the fifth.

Increasing appearance of information, whether it be the teasers, the die, or the headlamp we're getting more and more. Then again, we've know it's close to ready for awhile and we know how long the product development process is.

Spring sales push. I have a hard time believing that GM will have a no show-going into spring muscle car season. If people see the Camaro and fall in love with it they may hold off a year on that Mustang.

Fbodfather's return is also inspiring to me. Yes I saw the posts about his medical leave, but I'm sure he would make it back on to the site before the car's premiere.

The biggest attack on my thesis is probably that they've ID'd NY as the place to unveil the Malibu and CT6, but they could do the private release still.

Disclaimer: no new solid info to offer - just hypothesizing. I'm curious to hear what you guys think, either supporting or negating my thesis of a Camaro within the next month.
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I have a feeling it won't be this month. I bet its closer to the end of the ordering window to minimize the loss of 5th gen sales.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Everyone always refers to not slumping the previous model sales, but the majority of buyers do not follow car shows or what's coming next. Most people see it, like it, buy it. And discounts will always draw them. We often forget most members came to this site after buying the car.

I have no guess as to when it will be unveiled but I don't think they are too overly concerned with stopping 5th gen sales. They have recouped their development costs and are ready to move on. Thus the move to a 6th gen. It will be released when ready.

I would bet the exterior and mechanicals are worked out. It's the minor touches to the interior they are working on. Ergonomics, visibility, parts sourcing. That would be my guess as to why they are waiting. If it shows up with a half baked interior or poor ergo, it will get a hard start. Better get the pretty stuff right.

Just my guess.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
How would they be working in visibility? It's set in stone. Design is done. Safety taken in account.. Done.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Everyone always refers to not slumping the previous model sales, but the majority of buyers do not follow car shows or what's coming next. Most people see it, like it, buy it. And discounts will always draw them. We often forget most members came to this site after buying the car.

I have no guess as to when it will be unveiled but I don't think they are too overly concerned with stopping 5th gen sales. They have recouped their development costs and are ready to move on. Thus the move to a 6th gen. It will be released when ready.

I would bet the exterior and mechanicals are worked out. It's the minor touches to the interior they are working on. Ergonomics, visibility, parts sourcing. That would be my guess as to why they are waiting. If it shows up with a half baked interior or poor ergo, it will get a hard start. Better get the pretty stuff right.

Just my guess.

I think I read somewhere that they have slowed production at the plant where they are building the C5 Camaro. Not sure if it means anything.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #6
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
How would they be working in visibility? It's set in stone. Design is done. Safety taken in account.. Done.

Interior trim affects visibility. Integration of airbags in pillars. Dash height and shape. Seating position. A lot of factors play into visibility beyond exterior panels. Thinning the thickness of the A-pillar for example would have a huge effect on visibility. The shape of where the headliner meets the windshield. A lot of little things. And the interior will be pieces sourced from suppliers not made in house. Get it wrong and you have the same single complaint about the 5th gen still. And they certainly don't want that.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Auto manufacturers calculate everything. If it cost them money they will not do it. They know the minute that car is revealed the gen 5 model takes hit in the price. And it will be harder to sell without incentives. lets face it from then on the gen 5 will be referred to as the old style!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #8
newb

And the plant is slowing production to prevent too much overlap of stock. Having a 14-15 side by side is bad enough. But having 5th gen beside 6th gen is a problem. We know the 6th gen is coming so it's expected production will slow then stop. Especially since 5th gen sales are already slowing.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Interior trim affects visibility. Integration of airbags in pillars. Dash height and shape. Seating position. A lot of factors play into visibility beyond exterior panels. Thinning the thickness of the A-pillar for example would have a huge effect on visibility. The shape of where the headliner meets the windshield. A lot of little things. And the interior will be pieces sourced from suppliers not made in house. Get it wrong and you have the same single complaint about the 5th gen still. And they certainly don't want that.
And all of this was locked down before they built the prototypes we've seen driving around in camo since last August. If they are tweaking these items now we'd be well into 2016 for the first car.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I went on autotraders and did a search for new 2014 Mustangs in the Chicago area.

Apart from the fact that there are still plenty of '14s to be had, there were dealers who had plain jane GTs listed at $50-60k. As in fifty to sixty thousand dollars.

Maybe that's just the Mustang name/heritage, dealers trying to fleece collectors, or maybe that's the result of negative customer feedback on the new 'Stang.

Either way they're still selling both model years side by side and the value on the previous model has shot through the roof.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #11
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Your hypothesis is so full of hope.

Fbodfather's posting is nothing more than him taking the time to do what he loves which is interact with the Camaro faithful......and hopeful.

GM has a car for the spring and summer selling season and that is the 2015 Camaro.

Most of these "teasers" aren't from GM. Go back in time and you will see these leaks from suppliers and parts and photos is rampant as cars approach prototype and launch. There is nothing in these leaks that suggests any more than GM is tooling up for a new Camaro.

Again, historical Internet timing from all OEMS has spy shots to production being about a year and a half. We will be lucky to see a car in a Chevy dealership before Winter. Now GM could leapfrog the industry and cut huge chunks out of the development process........just don't bet on it.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #12
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
And all of this was locked down before they built the prototypes we've seen driving around in camo since last August. If they are tweaking these items now we'd be well into 2016 for the first car.

Not arguing, but I don't think camo cars means the interior must be complete. They could still tweak that stuff while doing the driveline and suspension testing. Checking for wind noise and other exterior related tests. We haven't seen any indication of a complete interior. And I thought the CTF process was to test finalized design. Not the test cars we have seen to date.

With that being said, you certainly may know more about it than me.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Interiors might be duct taped together in some cases but they are more or less complete.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #14
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I went on autotraders and did a search for new 2014 Mustangs in the Chicago area.

Apart from the fact that there are still plenty of '14s to be had, there were dealers who had plain jane GTs listed at $50-60k. As in fifty to sixty thousand dollars.

Maybe that's just the Mustang name/heritage, dealers trying to fleece collectors, or maybe that's the result of negative customer feedback on the new 'Stang.

Either way they're still selling both model years side by side and the value on the previous model has shot through the roof.
I find that hard to believe.