Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Run some lines through the car from the trunk

I need to run a wire from the trunk to the center console area, I know someone on here has probably done it already so I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best/easiest route?

Then I will have to run some lines( about 3/8 thickness) into the rear struts from the trunk and then from the trunk to the front struts. Is there any specific spot I can drill through that’ll be safe or is there a hole already there I can use?

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I ran a few wires for my diverters up through trunk and to drivers side kick panel. I removed the back seat and ran wires along drivers side and underneath carpet to the sill panel channel. I used a coat hanger to fish from carpet edge to the sill. To get into engine there is an unused hole with a plug above gas pedal or use the sound tube hole.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
I ran a few wires for my diverters up through trunk and to drivers side kick panel. I removed the back seat and ran wires along drivers side and underneath carpet to the sill panel channel. I used a coat hanger to fish from carpet edge to the sill. To get into engine there is an unused hole with a plug above gas pedal or use the sound tube hole.
Thanks! I took a look around and looks like I’m gonna have to remove the back seat like you said. I would need to find a way to run the lines from the sill area to the center console if I do that. I think that’s what I’ll have to do because running the lines directly down the center under the carpet to the console seems be be a bit impossible. Also I don’t need to get into the engine bay. I need to get to the struts in the back from the trunk and then use the same holes to run the lines to the front struts under the car. I just need to know where it would be safe to drill in the trunk or if there’s already a hole I can use. Thanks for the reply !
Old 12-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
From trunk.
Attached Images

Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
Jdelgado92

Nvm I’m good, I took out the back seat completely, busted the clips and all lol but I managed to run the line through the passenger side like the picture above and then followed the thick red wire that’s already there along side the sill area. Then from there once I got to the seam in the carpet that runs perpendicular to the seat, I ran my line under the seat frame and came out on the side panel of the console . Also figured out where to drill for the other lines to the struts.

Now all I need is a 12v switched power source around the trunk area, any ideas???

Thanks @burly for the help!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post

Now all I need is a 12v switched power source around the trunk area, any ideas???
A sure way to get switched 12v is to tap into the power outlet wires in the center console. It's not that hard to pull up the console, 4 screws in the front under the pads, and 2 in the rear next to the seats under round covers. Pulling the shifter knob off is easy, Lethal Camaro has a video. Sounds like you want to run wires under the console anyway, and you already have the rear seat removed.

There are a lot of unknowns tapping into 12v sources in new cars, if you pick the wrong circuit, it could keep the power system from shutting down completely and drain the battery. The power outlet circuit is a safer bet.

My opinion only. Anyone else have better info about where to safely get switched 12v?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:17 AM   #7
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Nothing in the trunk area. Center console cig socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
Jdelgado92

Not in the trunk but I just found this on one of the threads. Instead of having to remove the center console could I just do this? It’s much easier.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #9
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Awesome find just what I needed!
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
Curious what are you doing to the car?
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote