Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #15
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I have a lot of stomach and GI issues myself, Ginger gum works great! It helps if you get nauseous or even prevents car sickness. A company called Sea Band makes a very good one, not cheap, but worth it. Amazon sells it.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #16
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I have a lot of stomach and GI issues myself, Ginger gum works great! It helps if you get nauseous or even prevents car sickness. A company called Sea Band makes a very good one, not cheap, but worth it. Amazon sells it.
Great advice. I know when I was a pre-teen, I was always car sick. Had to constantly look out the front window and pay close attention. I joined the US Navy when I was 24, and all the tours at sea cured me forever... lol. We had one NUC mechanic that had to sit in the middle of engine room forward with a bucket every maneuvering watch even though he had 8 years of service on subs.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #17
Rayzer

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Old Air Force saying is to eat bananas. They taste the same going down and as they do coming up.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #18
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Hello,

Car sick, like sea sick, air sick, motion sickness, and "space adaptation syndrome" occur because of a mismatch between information that the body is receiving form the eyes, sensors in the skin, and the inner ears. These things show up as a queasy belly. It's not about one's sense of balance. Two things to offer; one is to adopt counter measures from well-trained pilots. They wear tee-shirts under their flight suits for a reason. That being, if they need to barf (highly technical term, I know), the pull out the "vee" by the collar in the flight suit and hurl (another highly technical term) down the inside of the flight suit (assuming no air sickness bag is handy).

Gross yes, but far easier to laundry the cloths than clean up the airplane, or in this case, your beloved Camaro. The applicability of this capture procedure to vehicle passengers is to teach them to puke (a third highly technical term) down the inside of their shirt, assuming that they don't beg to get out (and the driver has the time to let them) before up-chucking.

This "throw up inside their own shirt" technique should be mandatory training for all toddlers to learn. It could be solved in one generation. Certain college frat and sorority parties, as well as drunken Navy sailors could also benefit from the training.

To prevent motion sickness, people have to be acclimated to ignore the messages of their inner ears. Because of active lifestyle choices, some of us never face the issue. Micro-exposure seems to have the greatest benefit. Tumbling, rolling down a hill, flip turns in pools (potentially problematic given the consequences) and other types of spinning may help to suppress the body's response to the mismatch in signals. Perhaps getting some more time on amusement park rides could help as well. Motion sickness drugs are also effective choices for some people.

I hope this helps.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #19
clrkmr

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Your speed is what is going to make the most difference. We have a cabin in the mountains in Ca. Very curvy road up to it. We have had 5 or 6 different cars over the past 20 years. Everything from a Camaro to a Suburban in between. Drugs, help, but nothing helps more than just slowing down around the turns. Not as fun to drive, but if you want the family with you, lowering your speed will get you there without getting sick.
clrkmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #20
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
Newer meds are available OTC

There are newer OTC motion sickness medications available. Kaiser usually has one up on the counter for about $2 per bottle that works wonders. I cannot remember the name off hand... something like meclazine. But, that stuff has worked wonders for us out on the boat.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #21
bdougwrx

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue RS V6 A8, 09 Civic EX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
I've learned to cope with loneliness and leave them all at home :(
I'm the opposite as I'd rather go by myself, crank up Kickstart My Heart and hit the road. In fact, I have a entire playlist dedicated to just driving songs!
bdougwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #22
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Try the Dramamine naturals. It's essentially just ginger which is good. No chemicals. It's non drowsy. I took them the whole time I was on vacation and it never made me drowsy.

http://www.dramamine.com/motion-sick...sickness-pills
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #23
JetBlast77
TxAg80

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE, '00 Integra Ty R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I have heard that ginger prevents/ relieve motion sickness. Also kids today are always texting etc.,keep them off their phones (good luck on that one).As kids our dad would not let us read and We had a Tupperware bowl under the seat, it was called the vomit bucket. I can still hear one of my sisters say " mama I don't feel good" and everyone would holler " get the vomit bucket". Try the gum, fresh air and no phone. Good luck.
10 weeks
.Typical drive home from work
JetBlast77 is offline   Reply With Quote