#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #15
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
What about a pump upgrade to increase flow along with the XXX HE upgrade? Varimax??
Yes, we run the big boy Stewart EMP that we reprogram on the big setups; however, you have to convert all of the lines over to 1" to really take advantage of this. We offer AN fitting options on the HX as well to accommodate this. Lastly, we have the LT4 cooling manifold adapters to go to AN lines and this also really improved the flow since each side gets an independent feed and not sharing the same coolant crossover manifold.

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...zl1-cts-v3-lt4

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #16
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Wow awesome! What about pusher fans in front of the HE to supplement the factory pullers behind the radiator?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #17
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
What if you are running a Whipple? What all comes with the kit?
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Wow awesome! What about pusher fans in front of the HE to supplement the factory pullers behind the radiator?
I have them on the side of my ATS V's triple HX kit with a thermostat controlled fan; however, we always take into account keeping the radiator fans active with the system because they move much more CFM than any fans you could locate on the front due to the crash bar and internal baffling, but I like where your head is at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
What if you are running a Whipple? What all comes with the kit?
Yes the Whipple stands to gain the most! It has increased air flow and needs more fluid as well. You can buy just the coolers or the entire HX system with 6 gallon trunk tank and pump kit as well!

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...-zl1-gen-6-lt4
Old 01-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #19
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
I have them on the side of my ATS V's triple HX kit with a thermostat controlled fan; however, we always take into account keeping the radiator fans active with the system because they move much more CFM than any fans you could locate on the front due to the crash bar and internal baffling, but I like where your head is at!

Yes the Whipple stands to gain the most! It has increased air flow and needs more fluid as well. You can buy just the coolers or the entire HX system with 6 gallon trunk tank and pump kit as well!

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...-zl1-gen-6-lt4
I bought them. I wondered about the AN connections to the Whipple? Let me know if I need to get anything different? I bought the valve covers too. They were on sale.
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #20
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
I bought them. I wondered about the AN connections to the Whipple? Let me know if I need to get anything different? I bought the valve covers too. They were on sale.
Standard kit comes with the OEM size hose barb fittings like the Whipple ports, so you’ll be good as is unless you’ve cut and welded AN fittings on the Whipple ports.

Whipple Just sent us the cooling manifold CAD file. We’re in the process of making them for our builds but also a C7 Z06 customer in Puerto Rico has that crazy $9K TIKT twin hx system and we’re doinf anothe C7 Whipple build on his with our port injection kit and we’ll have to have them for that.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 PM   #21
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Standard kit comes with the OEM size hose barb fittings like the Whipple ports, so you’ll be good as is unless you’ve cut and welded AN fittings on the Whipple ports.

Whipple Just sent us the cooling manifold CAD file. We’re in the process of making them for our builds but also a C7 Z06 customer in Puerto Rico has that crazy $9K TIKT twin hx system and we’re doinf anothe C7 Whipple build on his with our port injection kit and we’ll have to have them for that.
Hey I just checked the links you posted above and noticed that AN fittings are now an option.. That didn't show up when I placed my order - whats up with that?
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #22
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Hey I just checked the links you posted above and noticed that AN fittings are now an option.. That didn't show up when I placed my order - whats up with that?
Sorry just saw this, we're always doing website updates and that was a reminder to add those to all of the HX options. We can certainly change to AN fittings if you want just hit me up. AN fittings aren't really necessary unless you're changing all over to braided lines and/or going to larger lines with the big boy Stewart pump. Trust me, even in the OEM line/pump configuration, the supercharger gets much better coolant temps.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #23
ZL1with1LE

Drives: '18 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Well despite the lack of response here, I couldn't resist them being on sale so I've placed my order. We'll see next year how well they work.
I apologize for the bump but I can't find many people with these. What do you think about the heat exchangers? Worth the $?
ZL1with1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:10 AM   #24
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Come April, I'll see what my temps are here. Cause in Udon Thani Thailand there are 3 seasons.... Hot, very hot, and freakin blazing hot.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #25
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1with1LE View Post
I apologize for the bump but I can't find many people with these. What do you think about the heat exchangers? Worth the $?
Depending on who you talk to, they're worth it or they're not. I think the problem is the expectation of what the heat exchangers can do. If you're expecting drastic drops in intake air temps, its just not going to happen. A chiller is far more effective. That being said, I think aftermarket heat exchangers if designed properly can provide SOME benefit, slightly improved cooling and more consistency in intake air temps.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote