Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Autosource quality bumper... yeah ok (rant)

The bumper I received in the group buy a couple months ago was sent to the body shop for paint and upon my return the guy said the bumper was all bondo and was POS quality. His words after that was "It was probably off a wrecked ZL1 and repaired to sale." That is NOT something I want to hear about a bumper that I bought, told was high quality, was presented to us through this site and at SEMA. Although it does look tremendous, the body work didn't when it arrived. I'm lucky the shop guys did such a good job to bring it to its current state. I WILL NOT be buying from AUTOSOURCE again or a non reputable company/business that doesn't have a lot to lose. (he closed shop right after he sold these bumpers). I hope you guys that bought the same bumper had better experiences with this company/product than I did.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Did you get one of the bumpers with the mail slot? Those are the ones I've seen the most complaints about. I got my bumper before they modded them for the mail slot and it was near perfect.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
Did you get one of the bumpers with the mail slot? Those are the ones I've seen the most complaints about. I got my bumper before they modded them for the mail slot and it was near perfect.
yeah, I just don't like to hear that the part I bought for my car is a pos from another car guy. They said they fixed all the issues though so im not going to worry about it anymore and move on. Just wanted to warn others about the company and that their body shop might not be so generous.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Auto source is still out there, or someone else is selling the same kits. First thing I thought about on their ZL1 bumper kits were quality and then just how much different from an OEM ZL1 bumper are they..

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Is there any qualification process and/or periodic review of site vendors?

If its just a matter of paying a fee, then buyer beware. Although I guess that always holds true.
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
chelorod

Drives: camaro 2lt 2010
i need to find this bumper can anyone help me to get one trough the internet?
chelorod is offline   Reply With Quote