Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Well, I did it. After months of shopping.

Going back and forth between the NSX, GTR, Bentley, Zl1..............then the Super Snake. Then the GTR again. Then the Super Snake. At the end of the day, the value was in the Zl1.

Scooped up a midnight fall gray. '18. A10. Should be delivered tomorrow. I'll post pics up. Now it joins my '16 Z06/7 and '17 Maserati GranTurismo Sport.

Got it at $67k MSRP. Got the Costco discount. Put $10k down. Drive out was right at $59k. I'm excited.

It will be off to LMR next week before it even has 20 miles on it. haha. Plan on doing.............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'll leave that quiet.

Anyhow, I'll post pics once it's delivered.

Glad to be back here. Car was so sick in person. First time I saw one in person. Loved that gray. Matching my Maserati now. I will most likely sell the Vette. I know, but my knees are getting old and getting in and out of that damn thing was killing me. Test drove the Zl1 and it was exactly what I thought it would be. Can't wait to start modding. So, if anyone is interested in the Z06, let me know. It has the LMR 750 package. 21k miles. Not a scratch on it. Interior is mint. No signs of wear. Garage kept and waxed once a month. I don't care if it sells, so if you are interested, just shoot me a PM. I won't take less than $75k. I was offered $68k on trade. Didn't take it. It is loaded out w/Z07 pkg. Dynoed last summer.....100 degree Houston heat at 680 at the wheels. I know it has over 700 easy especially if we were to re-tune and dyno again. We'd easily get over 700 at the wheels. We dialed the tune back after the first tune threw all kinds of tranny codes.

I might let the Mazzy go instead. '17. Just bought it. 3000 miles. It is the limited sport edition. Only 400 made. All the carbon goodies. MSRP was $156k. Will take $125k. Not a penny less. If interested of course. Again, don't care if it doesn't sell or not either.

Last edited by kttxz06; 10-18-2017 at 12:15 AM.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Beautiful cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Great looking cars. Never used the Costco membership car buying perk/benefit. Have you found the discounts to be routinely worth it? It does seem to minimize the headache of dealerships. I thought about giving it a shot and seeing if I got any decent offers on a 911, Z06, ZL1, or M4. Like you, I think the ZL1 is by far the best bang for our buck
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #4
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Costco= Suppliers Discount
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #5
kttxz06

^ What they said. Plus GM is doing a $500 discount until Oct 31st, so that added to it. I think it was around $1600 on the suppliers discount. I found the lowest MSRP in Houston on Midnight FG. Of course, there were only like 3 so. And this was the only one on the lot. The other 2 were.........."coming in". $67k MSRP I jumped on it. They were $3k under mostly everyone else so. Plus, they threw in tint and a $300 clay bar detail so. I was like, you got my business.

Unfortunately, I am no longer loyal to my 'other' Chevy dealership in Houston area. They wouldn't budge off MSRP, nor would they throw in a few goodies.

I swore I'd never buy from Westside Chevy, but they took care of me. I was shocked. I've heard nothing but horror stories. You know, with their infamous Vette test drive. haha.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Great looking cars. Never used the Costco membership car buying perk/benefit. Have you found the discounts to be routinely worth it? It does seem to minimize the headache of dealerships. I thought about giving it a shot and seeing if I got any decent offers on a 911, Z06, ZL1, or M4. Like you, I think the ZL1 is by far the best bang for our buck
Yea, we use Costco for the travel discount too as my fiance flies in from Hawaii every 2 months. The Mazzy is hers btw. I actually didn't even go through Costco. I did my own negotiating, then said, oh, btw. Here is my Costco card. haha
Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Hope they relatively knew what they were doing with the Clay bar. Not only is it probably unnecessary on a brand new car as the purpose of a clay bar is to remove contaminates usually caused by driving (Rubber hunks, tar, road grime, industrial fall out, bug remains, etc.), but if the car wasn't properly 2 bucket washed, surface completely clean, and a proper lube not used with the bar...They could have done a lot of damage to your clear coat.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Going back and forth between the NSX, GTR, Bentley, Zl1..............then the Super Snake. Then the GTR again. Then the Super Snake. At the end of the day, the value was in the Zl1.

Scooped up a midnight fall gray. '18. A10. Should be delivered tomorrow. I'll post pics up. Now it joins my '16 Z06/7 and '17 Maserati GranTurismo Sport.

Got it at $67k MSRP. Got the Costco discount. Put $10k down. Drive out was right at $59k. I'm excited.

It will be off to LMR next week before it even has 20 miles on it. haha. Plan on doing.............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'll leave that quiet.

Anyhow, I'll post pics once it's delivered.

Glad to be back here. Car was so sick in person. First time I saw one in person. Loved that gray. Matching my Maserati now. I will most likely sell the Vette. I know, but my knees are getting old and getting in and out of that damn thing was killing me. Test drove the Zl1 and it was exactly what I thought it would be. Can't wait to start modding. So, if anyone is interested in the Z06, let me know. It has the LMR 750 package. 21k miles. Not a scratch on it. Interior is mint. No signs of wear. Garage kept and waxed once a month. I don't care if it sells, so if you are interested, just shoot me a PM. I won't take less than $75k. I was offered $68k on trade. Didn't take it. It is loaded out w/Z07 pkg. Dynoed last summer.....100 degree Houston heat at 680 at the wheels. I know it has over 700 easy especially if we were to re-tune and dyno again. We'd easily get over 700 at the wheels. We dialed the tune back after the first tune threw all kinds of tranny codes.

I might let the Mazzy go instead. '17. Just bought it. 3000 miles. It is the limited sport edition. Only 400 made. All the carbon goodies. MSRP was $156k. Will take $125k. Not a penny less. If interested of course. Again, don't care if it doesn't sell or not either.

very cool congrats! nice to see some other ZL1 guys with exotics! Ill get some pictures posted of My ZL1 and my New AMG GTS. Love the Maserati! My girlfriend had a 2014 and really enjoyed it. one of the best sounding cars in my opinion.
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hope they relatively knew what they were doing with the Clay bar. Not only is it probably unnecessary on a brand new car as the purpose of a clay bar is to remove contaminates usually caused by driving (Rubber hunks, tar, road grime, industrial fall out, bug remains, etc.), but if the car wasn't properly 2 bucket washed, surface completely clean, and a proper lube not used with the bar...They could have done a lot of damage to your clear coat.
If they damage, they fix. Quite simple. Besides, I won't keep the car long enough to care too much. It was at least nice enough of them to throw in a detail. I could have them x off the clay bar and just do a nice detail and wax job on it for me.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #10
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Nice rides congrats!
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #11
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
very cool congrats! nice to see some other ZL1 guys with exotics! Ill get some pictures posted of My ZL1 and my New AMG GTS. Love the Maserati! My girlfriend had a 2014 and really enjoyed it. one of the best sounding cars in my opinion.
Thanks. To me, the Maserati is like the red headed step child of the Italian exotic market. it's Lambos and Ferrari's bitch so to speak. They make a sexy car with prob a top 5 exhaust note, but their interior is complete garbage. Seats are stiff and the info system is 10 yrs old. haha. And, it's a dead stick under 6000 rpms. But, it does have that Ferrari motor so that would explain the rev out. I get more looks in this car than anything, but it's just a bore to drive. But anyhow, I'm spoiled. It needs another 150 hp and it would be a serious player. But, moving on. Post up pics when you can.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Thanks. To me, the Maserati is like the red headed step child of the Italian exotic market. it's Lambos and Ferrari's bitch so to speak. They make a sexy car with prob a top 5 exhaust note, but their interior is complete garbage. Seats are stiff and the info system is 10 yrs old. haha. And, it's a dead stick under 6000 rpms. But, it does have that Ferrari motor so that would explain the rev out. I get more looks in this car than anything, but it's just a bore to drive. But anyhow, I'm spoiled. It needs another 150 hp and it would be a serious player. But, moving on. Post up pics when you can.
lol I always said it was the fastest sounding slow car on earth the interior is awful, we had the Bianco(light cream) leather and it would get so dirty. and the radio was seriously the same unit from my 03 E55 will get some pics up soon!
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Welcome to the A10 club. You're going to love it.

Especially after Steven and crew get done.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #14
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Welcome to the A10 club. You're going to love it.

Especially after Steven and crew get done.
Thank you sir!!! I'm dealing with Joe as we speak. I didn't know the ECU was locked tho and they have to send it out. Steve will do me right. He built my Vette. I'm just going mild right now. Intake, Pulley swap, exhaust, some lighting upgrades, tune, wires, and plugs.

I'm itching over here. They are on their way now with my car. haha. Hurry up already.