Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Its a nice car you have OP but the appearance mods are personal things that likely won't appeal to a dealer or perhaps another buyer. I could be wrong on that of course too. I would never buy a car with that many personal touches done to it. For me the tire lettering is way over done & would only appeal to a very young buyer but that is personal taste too.

Plus mechanical mods especially nitrous screams beaten car and that will drop its value like a stone. That said if those mods make you happy with your car it would be a lot cheaper option than trading up....

The Zl-1 is a truly amazing car but I would be sure that's what you want to do before you pull the trigger. And only you know if an auto or manual is best suited to your tastes there is no right or wrong answer.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #16
aCamaroGuy

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Thank you everyone for the feedbacks
aCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #17
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCamaroGuy View Post
The ZL1 is a Automatic. I can't find a ZL1 with a manual around my area. Does it matter?
Auto's are so good nowdays, there isn't a big reason not to get one.

Auto:
Wonderful in heavy traffic
Anyone can drive it, your significant others etc
Resale will be better because anyone can drive it
Non-pro drivers like myself can drive it faster
Mpg is similar to stick with the ratios and locking torque converters
No eventual clutch replacement costs

Stick:
Fun for a weekend driver, not in heavy stop and go traffic
I believe they still have the edge in less hp loss through them (15hp?)
Makes you feel more connected to the car, a driving experience

Even if you aren't in stop and go traffic now, stuff happens and you have to make that commute someday or the S.O. needs to drive it. If you have the money and it's not your daily driver that isn't an issue.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #18
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Go for it! The ZL1 will make you very happy.
Just don't put it in the community pool on the drive home!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #19
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
It's a nice car and a hell of an upgrade. I know you're hearing a lot of the guys who prefer autos telling you there's no reason not to get an auto.

Get the manual man if you know how to drive it get the stick do the right thing you'll thank yourself for it later

You going to get a beastly car like a ZL1 you might as well go all the way and get it the way that God intended with a 6-speed manual transmission.

I've got nothing against automatic transmissions in fact I love them in pickup trucks. You can call me old school but sports cars go hand in hand with manuals but I am pushing 40 these days
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #20
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
It's a nice car and a hell of an upgrade. I know you're hearing a lot of the guys who prefer autos telling you there's no reason not to get an auto.

Get the manual man if you know how to drive it get the stick do the right thing you'll thank yourself for it later

You going to get a beastly car like a ZL1 you might as well go all the way and get it the way that God intended with a 6-speed manual transmission.

I've got nothing against automatic transmissions in fact I love them in pickup trucks. You can call me old school but sports cars go hand in hand with manuals but I am pushing 40 these days
This! ... and I'll be 55 in 2 weeks.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #21
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The ZL1 with an A6 is a beast when you put it in sport mode, or can drive normal when in drive.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #22
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
The ZL1 is no doubt a brute, but the garden variety 6th gen SS A8 is right there with it and will be nipping at your heels. $35k is a lot of money.

You can go F.I. on the V6 for a lot less than that. And, you will still retain your awesome 30+ mpg on the highway. The ZL1 is going to be a pig in fuel economy and cost a lot more money to insure, etc.

Don't get me wrong though, the 5th gen ZL1 is an incredible machine. If you have the money to burn, get it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #23
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post

Well then you should know since your pushing 40 a 5th gen Zl1 is not a sports car. This isnt Camaro 6. We here know the difference. Im an auto owner and have been driving manuals for 30 years.....dont base your opinion in performance of the auto on a pick up. Sure manuals are fine but todays autos arent the same the one your grandma had in her 1987 K car.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #24
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Don't get me wrong though, the 5th gen ZL1 is an incredible machine. If you have the money to burn, get it.[/QUOTE]

Lmaoo burn it baby !!burn it !!! I love your passion for the V6 @gringo !!!awesome !! makes me love my V6 even more .
Old 10-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #25
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well then you should know since your pushing 40 a 5th gen Zl1 is not a sports car. This isnt Camaro 6. We here know the difference. Im an auto owner and have been driving manuals for 30 years.....dont base your opinion in performance of the auto on a pick up. Sure manuals are fine but todays autos arent the same the one your grandma had in her 1987 K car.

Exactly.

Manuals are ok, but autos are faster these days and never miss a shift. Not to mention all the bonuses you get when cruising with a pretty lady.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #26
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
It's been a while since I last posted anything here. It seems that Camaro 5 is losing its values though. Isn't anyone going to call out OP on his 2014 V6 1LE? I was here back when we disliked those that named their cars something they are not. A Gen 5 V6 will never be a 1LE. A 1LE is much more than a black hood. Your ~1k in mods aren't even worthy of being mentioned alongside a 1LE.

Anyhow, your question is obvious. If you can afford it then trade it. Your mods aren't expensive so you don't lose much. Just don't end up naming your ZL1 a ZL1 1LE after you put stickers on it.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #27
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Ditto on the ZL1. You will be sooo happy. You will take it in the butt if you trade but so what. That ZL1 is the top dog for many reasons. I got my 2015 SS vert for only $25k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #28
LeesV6Camaro

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
It's been a while since I last posted anything here. It seems that Camaro 5 is losing its values though. Isn't anyone going to call out OP on his 2014 V6 1LE? I was here back when we disliked those that named their cars something they are not. A Gen 5 V6 will never be a 1LE. A 1LE is much more than a black hood. Your ~1k in mods aren't even worthy of being mentioned alongside a 1LE.

Anyhow, your question is obvious. If you can afford it then trade it. Your mods aren't expensive so you don't lose much. Just don't end up naming your ZL1 a ZL1 1LE after you put stickers on it.
The hell is your problem. The man said it's his own build. Let him be and he can call it whatever he want too. Not your Car so stfu?
LeesV6Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote