Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
New Plug and Play Touchscreen Now Available!

So here is this, I don't know what it retains and what it deletes, but I love the idea of now being able to upgrade to a android head unit.

Last edited by Fiyero88; 09-06-2022 at 10:29 PM.
Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:46 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I have a Joying Android HU in a 99 Z28 and it’s pretty awesome… but I almost never use it to its full capacity. Just about everything I ever use it for can be done in Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Except for maybe playing movies but Im never idle in the car long enough to watch a 2 Hr Netflix movie nor would I bother trying that while driving. The only other issue is the Chinese manufacturers tend to make the original HU functions such as reverse cam and proximity alarming or visibility of the screen in sunlight worse than what they were prior to the upgrade.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #3
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
This is supposed to be top notch display quality and also has many options to ad video in and other cameras. But I'm just u sure of how it can be both compatible with IOB 7" as well as io5 and io6 8" displays. The manufacturer said they work on both. They also said it retains all camaro stock functions which I don't see how it could including on star, but maybe they figured it out. It's plug and play so installation requires no cutting of wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I have a Joying Android HU in a 99 Z28 and it’s pretty awesome… but I almost never use it to its full capacity. Just about everything I ever use it for can be done in Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Except for maybe playing movies but Im never idle in the car long enough to watch a 2 Hr Netflix movie nor would I bother trying that while driving. The only other issue is the Chinese manufacturers tend to make the original HU functions such as reverse cam and proximity alarming or visibility of the screen in sunlight worse than what they were prior to the upgrade.
Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Streaming is a breeze on the infotainment with android and apple car play. Just picked it up and it’s pretty nice to throw a football game on while cruising. Pretty much plug and play once setup with your phone hotspot.

https://streamtoyourcar.com/products/media-box
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, android, headunit, radio