Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Cool Two Issues: P0113 (IAT Sensor) and P0122/P0223 (Intake Throttle Body)

I have two issues and I could really use some help:

1) I haven't driven the Camaro (V6) in a while. When I started it up, ,the "Service Stabilitrak" indicator and the T/C light came on. While the cruise control still works but the remote start no longer works. Based on research, the latter is by design. Idle is somewhat ok but I do hear a mild misfiring, I think.

The scanner indicated a P0113 code which means the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is reading at too high voltage. The live code reader confirmed it was reading at -40º F.

I purchased what I thought was the IAT based on research.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...ensor-25775833

However, it's not clear on where it goes. I do have a Cold Air Inductions CAI but all I see is the mass airflow sensor (MAF).

Q: Is the IAT embedded in the MAF? What is that part I ordered then? If it is just the MAF, should I just try cleaning it first?

2) I cleaned the throttle body by wiping it with alcohol as I didn't have my cleaner around. I opened the throttle while wiping it. I inadvertently starting taking off one of the clamps to the throttle position sensor thinking it was the IAT I bought. When I noticed it wasn't I immediately stopped and put it back on snug.

Unfortunately, I did a code reading just to check things and noticed the I got two new codes now: P0122 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit A too low of voltage and P0223 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) voltage is too high.
I assume I inadvertently "broke" the sensor. This is surprising since I only loosened one clamp and I didn't take it off.

The codes weren't there before so I assume I did something.
Q: What could have caused this and do I now need to replace it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
In summary, it was a chewed wire. I fixed it correctly and I get a temperature reading from the IAT from my scanner now of approx. 88° F.

However, the stabilitrak light won't go away even though the DTC codes are cleared. I did see the following ABS codes. Research said it was because I disconnected the battery but I noticed they did return.
C01710-5A
U0126-00
U0125-00

I assume this means the steering wheel angle isn't set correctly or there is another chewed wire.

Can I set this myself to verify or I need a device to do this?

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by TastyBake; 09-17-2021 at 09:30 AM.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
TastyBake

Update:

1) Pending:
I found my MAF cleaner, disconnected the negative battery terminal, cleaned it, reconnected it, and cleared the code but it still came back.
After researching, I'm convinced now the MAF has a IAT. Since mine is a V6, I don't have to worry about "strong" vs "weak MAF. GM uses a Bosch 0280218232 with the GM part number for it being 92196278. Based on the research, I decided to buy it.
I'll update everyone once it is done.

I'm not sure what IAT sensor I bought earlier but my guess is it can be used to relocate the IAT to another location closer to the TB as I've seen posts for it. Not sure why GM would sell it unless there are cases where the IAT needs to be relocated (e.g., CAI).
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...ensor-25775833

2) Resolved:
Researching this, the cause of the throttle body codes were simply because I actuated the TB while cleaning it so it needed a re-learn. I followed the instructions from the thread below and it worked fine. Now, I only have the IAT "permanent" code which is issue #1.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298401
Old 09-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
gm 25775833 is the ambient air temperature sensor.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #4
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
U didn't buy a intake air temp sensor u bought a ambient air temperature sensor.
The Ambient temp sensor is mounted behind the front facia next to the condenser.
The IAT is part of the MAF
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
TastyBake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
U didn't buy a intake air temp sensor u bought a ambient air temperature sensor.
The Ambient temp sensor is mounted behind the front facia next to the condenser.
The IAT is part of the MAF
Thanks. This helps. I'll return the ambient temp sensor.

Update:
I replaced the MAP sensor but the codes were still there. The old one looked 100% fine visually. However, I found the cause.

Some "Mechanics" from youtube cautioned replacing the map sensor w/out inspecting everything else first including the wiring as the sensor can last the life of the vehicle. Unfortunately, I didn't do this so that was my naïvety.

Earlier, I noticed there was a hole in the padding and I figured the squirrel at my home got under the car and chewed it for a nest.

Well, you guess it. The squirrel chewed the wiring.

I can fix the wiring correctly and safely, not just "eh, tape it" method.
Hopefully nothing gets shorted until this is resolved but I'll update everyone to let you guys know what happened.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #6
TastyBake

Question

Update:

I disconnected the battery, replaced any and all partially chewed wires with with fresh wire, crimped the ends, put high temp electrical tape around each one and high temp around them all just like the factory.

The IAT temp is now at 88°F, so it works now.

However, the stabiliTrak light is still on even though there are no DTC codes.

I did see ABS codes but once they cleared, they never returned. Research said it was because I disconnected the battery.
C01710-5A
U0126-00
U0125-00

What could cause the StabiliTrak message+light to remain on even though the codes are gone? Google searches were unsuccessful.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #7
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The Stabilitrack may go out after you drive it some.

Or you may have more chewed wires.

Or you may have a weak battery.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Are you getting your MAP sensor and MAF sensor confused?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #9
TastyBake

MUCH worse than I thought

Well, bad news...really bad news.

Apparently, the squirrel damaged not just that set of wires but bunch of wires along a path to get into the engine. This includes wires for the O2 sensor and the wiring harness itself.

The mechanic said its because the wire insulation is soy-based now but that was inconclusive since they chew on any wiring in the house.

I was told to take it to the dealer for something like this. I probably need a new wiring harness.

Is the dealer the only option?
Would a franchise company be able to fix/replace the wiring? Anyone else experience this?
Attached Images

Tags
iat, maf, p0113, p0122, p0223