Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-07-2020, 12:53 AM   #29
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Well I’d rather have my 4X4 Colorado plus my SS than just a base C8
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #30
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
My local Chevy dealer is one of the biggest performance car and Vette dealers in my area. They have 39 2019 Vettes on sold! Prices have been dropped 10-13k on all models. Prices now from about $50-80k. 2020s will sell at starting $60k. But will be available by pre-order only and are already sold out. Do you think Dealers will need to go even lower on 2019 vettes? I'm thinking those who want the C8 but have not ordered will have to wait until 2021 when dealers can pre order for off the lot sells. I'm thinking those who want a new Vette will wait for 2021 unless Chevy makes offers people can't refuse on a 2019. I was never in the market for one but if they get lower I may have to consider one at a price I can't refuse.

Its because of the C8.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-configurator/

That happens to most last model year cars including used
(i.e., I could get a used 2019 or a new model 2020 for a bit more...hmmmm).

Here are the numbers:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/

Year Total
2019 - 17,988
2018 - 18,791
2017 - 25,079
2016 - 29,995
2015 - 33,329
2014 - 34,839
2013 - 17,291

The new 2019 sold 5% less than 2018.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #31
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
After owning two Camaros and a c7, I think the SmartMoney says you contract on a 2021, 6 months after they release. By then both GM and the market will shake out all the little anomalies/parts failures and you’ll be back to fair retail prices instead of inflated “ Market adjustment fee” crap…And probably get a better car to boot.

The big problem soon you’re going to get into a situation that is deadly for expensive cars, the situation known as lot rot”. from sitting out on the lot, the tires go, the paint gets scratched etc. etc. let alone the batteries probably been charged Erratically several times and gone flat… Six months is about the max you can sit on a lot unless you have a really good Dealer staff.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #32
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
fwiw, a friend just picked up a base C7 for $48K OTD with upgraded wheels at Criswell in MD. Such a beautiful car, love the C7
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #33
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
fwiw, a friend just picked up a base C7 for $48K OTD with upgraded wheels at Criswell in MD. Such a beautiful car, love the C7
I think this is a hack of a deal, but personally I would still go SS 1LE over base Stingray.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #34
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCam View Post
I’d give my left orb to still have my 2013 GS, 60th Anniversary vert that I traded for my 2016 2SS. 3 years after purchasing the C6 GS, I got a little more than half the original sticker ($79K) in trade on the Camaro. Fortunately, I hit all the discounts and rollbacks at the right time (October) and got 23% off the Camaro’s sticker. You win some, you lose some, you keep some.

I’m with Metros11 . . . I semi-retired, enjoy my Camaro and love my kids and grandkids. Besides, who wants a new Z71 4X4 pickup?

GPG
Finally, someone who makes some since!
Many guys speak of prices but until you speak of discounts in "percent off" without tax, reg, doc fee or trade the prices discussed are pointless and useless.
Here is how a basic deal should be looked at for a typical new 2019 Vette or Camaro;
$60,000 MSRP
$9,000 Dealer discount (15% off)
$6,000 Manufacturer rebates (10% off)

$45,000 Price paid plus tax, registration and doc fee (leave trade out)
Now take the trade value off the $45,000 to see what real money you are getting.

By the way, if you are not getting 25% off a 19 Vette or Camaro you are royally getting screwed and will lose you pooper in depreciation.

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #35
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Sold my 2017 1LT Corvette with 10k miles August of 2018 for a ZL1. Thankfully I got right at $10k off sticker when I bought the Corvette new so I didn't get completely smoked on the trade.

Best decision I've ever made with a car purchase I believe...but had I owned a 3LT or GS I might not have pulled the trigger.

I bet if I had a 2019 1LT with 10k and was trying to trade it in right now I'd get a lot less comparatively.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #36
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Meh.

I was at my local dealer yesterday and they weren't discounting their C7 prices much. They had 2 GS and 2 Z06's.

I just have never been able to bring myself to be a fan of the C7. They're nice cars. The interior is a big improvement over the previous generation, better seats, less parts cross-shared with other platforms, etc. They suffer from 2 big issues IMO. First they're heavy. You can get a C7 that weighs about like a 1SS. Obviously this is a SC'ed Vette, but it still doesn't need to weigh like a V8 powered Mustang or Camaro. Second they try too hard to look like a budget supercar, and they look like a Gallardo violated a C6. The C6 was such a good looking car because it was simple and clean. A third issue would be that they gain a lot in cost, and a fourth issue is as cool as a factory SC'ed V8 is, it isn't as cool as a lightweight/compact SBC with a 4.125" bore and a 4" stroke that will spin to 7,200 RPM's. I personally would rather have a C6 Z06 or ZR1 than any C7. Especially if talking about a Centennial. JMO.

I will amit that the C7's look much better upclose than they do in a picture or from a distance, and some might make the case that a 19 SS looks like a 16-18 SS got violated by a new Accord, but still not a huge C7 fan. I have warmed up to them more than I used to like them.

Not sure where you got your specs from, the 2019 C7 1LT weights 3525 and a 2019 Camaro SS 1SS weighs 3685. The Corvette is about 150lbs lighter than the Camaro SS 1ss. The Camaro SS 1ss 1LE weights a little over 3700lbs as a comparison.

The 2019 C7 Grand Sport is listed at 3428lbs, almost a solid 300lbs lighter than the 1ss 1LE. Thats not taking into account the wider tires the C7GS comes with from the factory as well. The C7GS is the direct track competitor for the SS 1LE. The only place the 1ss 1LE is better is price, it is almost $20k cheaper than a similarly equipped C7GS 1LT.

Now when you compare the ZL1 versus the C7 Z06 it is about the same outcome. The C7Z weighs 3524lbs and has a base price of $80k, the ZL1 weighs 3907 with a base price of $62k, so again the Camaro comes in almost $20k cheaper than the Corvette. Even if you push it further and go for a ZL1 1LE versus C7Z Z07 package, the weights are the same and the price difference is around $20k again.

This is why the market share for the Camaro is so much more desirable than the C7, similar performance at around $20k difference in price. End of the day the C7GS and the C7Z are very capable vehicles with great DNA, they will out accelerate the Camaro SS in the 1/4, over the top end to top speed, they can pull faster times on the road course and can stop shorter.

It really just depends on what a person is looking for personally. I cross shopped the Camaro SS 1LE, the C7GS and the Camaro ZL1 against each other. Had I known then I would have more into my SS 1LE than I would of had in a ZL1 and had I been able to get a ZL1 with my GM Employee discount and no markups I would of have got the ZL1.

The only way I was going to get back into a Vette would be a 18+ Z06, that is something I can manage though the kid in me wants a ZR1 I cant afford the price tag that comes with it.

I was tempted recently to get on the list for the 2021 C8 Z51, but the math makes me stop each time on how bad I will take a wash on my 1LE coupled with I bought my 1LE as a project for my Dad and I to enjoy together. It was the last vehicle I bought with his GM discount before he suddenly passed away. So at this point I am not sure if I will get rid of the car any time in the near future.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:24 PM   #37
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Not sure where you got your specs from, the 2019 C7 1LT weights 3525 and a 2019 Camaro SS 1SS weighs 3685. The Corvette is about 150lbs lighter than the Camaro SS 1ss. The Camaro SS 1ss 1LE weights a little over 3700lbs as a comparison.

The 2019 C7 Grand Sport is listed at 3428lbs, almost a solid 300lbs lighter than the 1ss 1LE. Thats not taking into account the wider tires the C7GS comes with from the factory as well. The C7GS is the direct track competitor for the SS 1LE. The only place the 1ss 1LE is better is price, it is almost $20k cheaper than a similarly equipped C7GS 1LT.

Now when you compare the ZL1 versus the C7 Z06 it is about the same outcome. The C7Z weighs 3524lbs and has a base price of $80k, the ZL1 weighs 3907 with a base price of $62k, so again the Camaro comes in almost $20k cheaper than the Corvette. Even if you push it further and go for a ZL1 1LE versus C7Z Z07 package, the weights are the same and the price difference is around $20k again.

This is why the market share for the Camaro is so much more desirable than the C7, similar performance at around $20k difference in price. End of the day the C7GS and the C7Z are very capable vehicles with great DNA, they will out accelerate the Camaro SS in the 1/4, over the top end to top speed, they can pull faster times on the road course and can stop shorter.

It really just depends on what a person is looking for personally. I cross shopped the Camaro SS 1LE, the C7GS and the Camaro ZL1 against each other. Had I known then I would have more into my SS 1LE than I would of had in a ZL1 and had I been able to get a ZL1 with my GM Employee discount and no markups I would of have got the ZL1.

The only way I was going to get back into a Vette would be a 18+ Z06, that is something I can manage though the kid in me wants a ZR1 I cant afford the price tag that comes with it.

I was tempted recently to get on the list for the 2021 C8 Z51, but the math makes me stop each time on how bad I will take a wash on my 1LE coupled with I bought my 1LE as a project for my Dad and I to enjoy together. It was the last vehicle I bought with his GM discount before he suddenly passed away. So at this point I am not sure if I will get rid of the car any time in the near future.

I'm not going off manufacture listed #'s. The C7 seems to be one of those cars listed at less than it actually is. Much like the GEN6 Mustang. That 3,700 lb GT weight everyone lists is laughable. A C7 ZR1 is a mid-3,600 lb car even though GM lists it at less. Here's examples for both a 1ZR and 3ZR.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...st-review/amp/

That's Terminator type of weight. In fact my Cobra weight barely over 3,600 lbs with nearly a full tank, SFC's and 315's on the back. Only weight mods at the time were a Magnaflow CB and MM C/O's. Also that large steel pie on the blower snout was replaced with a smaller one. Just say. That is also close to 1SS weight which from what I've seen is the GEN6 cars are listed pretty accurately.

Nowhere was I claiming they were an overweight car, just an overweight Corvette. The only reason a base C6 and base C7 are so close is likely because a non-Z06/ZR1 C6 uses a steel chassis. GM lists the base model C6Z at 3,131 lbs. That is really cool. Comparing a C6 Z06/ZR1 to a C7 Z06/ZR1 your looking at what a 300+ lb or so difference? One if the things about liking a Vette is because not only is it not heavy, but it's actually lightweight. 3,200 lbs might be considered a lightweight car, but not if it's a Miata.

I used to bleed blue. I had plenty of friends who were GM fans but I was a Ford guy. Ford trying to force boosted V6's as a V8 replacement, and the the S550 gaining a ton of weight turned me into a GM fan. Here you have a 3,800+ lb Mustang GT with a N/A 5 liter SB and you can't do better than that? The Mustang was rumored to loose a bunch of weight for the GEN6 model and it gained a bunch. But somehow Mustang fans will call a Zeta Camaro a POS because of its weight?

I'm not saying that C7's are bad cars, and there are S550 GT's that are crazy fast. But I don't care. If you like them then that's cool, but many people don't like these weight gains on both platforms. I've heard several Corvette owners refer to a C7 Z06 as a 3,600 lb Z06. I remember as a kid when the SN95's came out some of my parents friends who were Mustang guys complaining that it was a POS because they gained roughly 200 lbs over the Foxbody cars. Cars have just started to gain a bunch of weight at a rapid pace over the last 15 years or so and people have just started to accept heavy performance cars. I'm not a fan. GEN6 Camaro went down in weight. Props to GM. A new GT500 seems like a very capable car but a 4000+ lb Mustang doesn't interest me. I've always been more forgiving of Camaros weight than I was Mustang. Less weight is one of the few areas Mustang traditionally holds an advantage over Camaro, but it's also usually more budgeted on the chassis/suspension.

I don't really dislike C7's I just don't desire them either. They're nice cars and can produce some very impressive times and #'s. So could the older GT500's, but many would rather have a Terminator even though overall a GT500 is noticeably better. This is how I feel when comparing a C6Z/ZR1 for a C7Z/ZR1 even though the C7's are nicer and more modern and more capable from the factory. Like the GT500 the C7 hasn't built its legacy or a cult following like the Terminators or C6 Z06's did on the street. I will say that I would likely choose a C7 GS over a C6 GS, but desire neither. A C6 Z06 on the other hand is one of my personal all-time favorites.

A C7 will likely perform better than a comparable GEN6, but like most Vettes a C7 is a car that has the reputation for being a car that will quickly bite you if you're not a good drive or you try and get too crazy with it. But they do have very high capabilities if your good enough to extract them. No one complains about how an Alpha car performs. They complain about how the smaller ones packages the interior or trunk, but people think from a performance standpoint the platform is at the top of its class and very forgiving. But regardless I'm just more of a Camaro guy than a Vette guy. I would spend for a C5Z, C6Z or maybe a C6 ZR1 though.

I will admit to not having the same weight prejudice against the C8 as I do the C7. Likely because it's a new configuration for Corvette and it uses a DCT. My guess is if the C8 could get a manual transmission or an auto with a torque converter it would lose a nice chunk of weight.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #38
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post

Hi! I'm the original OP. Thats the dealer I was referring to.. Thats where I bought my Camaro.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #39
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I have been looking at a Grand Sport or a Z51 but the ones on the lot near me are all auto.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:35 PM   #40
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
the dealer went from 25% to about 9%

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #41
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
The only place the 1ss 1LE is better is price, it is almost $20k cheaper than a similarly equipped C7GS 1LT.
There is also the rear-end stability and composure, which favors the SS 1LE over the transverse leaf spring design of the C7.

The C7 is not as confidence inspiring at the limits when the suspension is being worked (especially when in a corner)

The SS 1LE's front and rear ends work well together, the C7 has a great front end, but falls apart in the rear. (At the limits)

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:11 PM   #42
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I will admit to not having the same weight prejudice against the C8 as I do the C7. Likely because it's a new configuration for Corvette and it uses a DCT. My guess is if the C8 could get a manual transmission or an auto with a torque converter it would lose a nice chunk of weight.
The C8 wont get a manual, ever. GM has already said there isnt room for one nor one that has the torque capacity to handle the C8. That was a huge reason GM developed the C8's DCT in house.

Based on the tech documents I've read on the C8's DCT it is already lighter than any auto/torque converter will be able to match.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote