Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #309
Blue's SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, for go, not show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous DK View Post
Damn those taillights sure look good. I need to hurry up and get me a set. Changes the whole look of the rear end. That's how they should of came from the factory!
Especially with your car being black. They will look amazing with that color!

Camaro/Firebird fan since 1977!
Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Blue's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #310
Denmanman4

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Hey it's been a lil bit since I've been on here, just hit 2,000 miles after moving down to NC. Suprised me a bit that I averages exactly 25.0 MPG on the trip (was at 26 for a while and then after deciding to up the speed for a while with a mustang it dropped quickly). Them taillights do look damn good. I think the catch can will be my first mod on the car though as it should make it run better in the long haul. Then probably an intake and possible headers cuz I want it to be even louder.
Denmanman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #311
Blue's SS

Hey Denman, glad to see you're back! I'm at just under 500 miles so far but am trying to get the mileage on her ASAP! I have a couple of small issues that I need the dealer to look at though so I'm contemplating whether I want to take her in again. The last time I took her in I got her back in worse condition than when I left her. I hate dealerships!

Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Old 09-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #312
Infamous DK

Drives: '17 Mosaic Black 1SS M6
Yup! When I saw the darkened tail lamps on a black SS my jaw dropped. They look so sick. I kind of hate how the stock lamps sort of stick out during the day, especially on black.

Nice to see you're enjoying your car Dman! I'm almost at 600 miles myself. Really hoping I can hit 1500 before Thanksgiving. I'll be changing the oil and stock tires as soon as I do or even a bit before. Bringing my car to dealership is something that always worried. The horrors I read just make me cringe sometimes.

I just received my gloss black GM front fascia today. Had to put the back seats down and take it out of the box, but it fit perfectly thru the middle lol. I should be installing it this weekend as long as I can pick up a rivet gun sometime this week. Hopefully I'll have no problems putting it on myself.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #313
Blue's SS

OMG this thread has gone almost a week without a post! Some pics!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2016, 11:36 AM   #314
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Here is some crappy news. Was taking a long road trip ~1300. On the 2nd leg of my trip I was coming into Lewiston Idaho. It was raining and I was actually driving under the speed limit. Came around a corner and there were a whole bunch of rocks on the road. Well, I almost made it. I think I managed to hit the biggest one ~6"x6". I knew as soon as I hit it things were going to be bad. About 15 seconds later I got the low air pressure warning. Man I was ticked. I was 6 miles out and knew I had a run flat. I got into town and couldn't see anything. I threw some fix a flat in it and tried to fill it up. And that when I heard the rushing air. I felt my hand around the rim and that's when I felt it. The air was coming from a crack in the rim and another huge dent. Needless to say I ended up stranded for a day. Called the local dealer today and they had a set of take offs that matched mine. Waiting for them right now. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #315
Infamous DK

DAMN!!!! Those pictures look sick, Blue!!! Really loving your car. I need to take photos like that lol.

Sorry to hear about your problem, Sub. That really sucks to hear man. I hope you get everything sorted out and are back on the road quick.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #316
Infamous DK

I threw on my front splitter this past weekend finally. Was a bit difficult since I was by myself and I had no jack, but I managed. Really loving the front end even more now.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2016, 05:59 AM   #317
Blue's SS

Wow, that is some seriously bad luck there, SC. Let us know how it went afterwards. I'm planning on a road trip in December in my ride and hope I have zero issues!

DK that splitter looks damn good on your car. I think dark cars look better with them to me. Looks really aggressive.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #318
sub_ETCS_ret

Everything worked out. They had a set of take offs that matched mine. No other damage. Pretty lucky.

Your pics look great. Professionally done?

Car was great the entire trip. Love the power this thing has. The only thing I wish is that it had a lumbar support. No big deal just would have been nice.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #319
sub_ETCS_ret

The splitter looks good DK. I put mine on a couple weeks ago. When I got home last night I had my dark tail lights waiting for me. After she gets a bath I'm going to install them.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #320
Blue's SS

I've got the strut tower brace and the rear tires arriving today to complete my set of "winter" tires and that will be the last of the parts I had planned to buy for this car. The STB will be the last of the "mods" and the tires will be the last of the pieces I need for my "year-round" and long distance driving plans. I never thought I'd see this day arrive but it's here. Here's to enjoying our rides and the patience to took to get to this point. Cheers!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:08 AM   #321
Infamous DK

Thanks for the compliments guys, and glad you got everything worked out without any problems, Sub! I agree the splitter does make it look much more aggressive. I can't imagine the car without it now.

All I need now are those dark tail lamps and to paint the brake calipers red, and I should be satisfied with how the car looks for at least a little while lol. I really want to pick up new wheels some time next spring. Not sure which ones tho. I'll be swapping the tires out by the end of October and then mounting the stock ones on to the new wheels when the time comes.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #322
Blue's SS

One thing that I did when I replaced the tail lights, because I'm a bit anal about such things, is I ordered the replacement retainers for the trunk liner and the tail light covers. They are reusable but I like using fresh parts when I do something like that. The downside is those small cheaply made parts are anything but cheap. All 12 parts cost me over 50 bucks at the dealer. Online the parts weren't that much cheaper and the dealer had them in stock.