Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #15
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
I had fully intended on ordering a 2017 2SS with the 1LE package. Obviously that turned out to not be an option. I opted to spend the extra money on a 2017 C7 instead. I wanted a great handling car with some creature features. I have no regrets as I felt if I didn't get a Corvette now, I never would. Fortunately I have no issues with ingress/egress. The C7 was a 40th birthday gift. I generally keep vehicles long term, so if the good Lord grants me many years on this earth, I figured my next car would be some sort of Cadillac sport coupe.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:57 PM   #16
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
I do love how the new Gen is more like a sports car and less like a muscle car. It's a sexy blend of both muscle and sleek/sportiness at the same time, imo.
Agreed, that's what I got it.. Looks muscle from the back and sport from the front.

LOVE my SS and honestly, the only car that can make me consider trading it for is a C7. As of now, I will try to pay of the SS as soon as possible and own a C8 lol

Love them both, would be a dream to own both.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
A new Corvette was never on my agenda. But I have to add....I did take my long range rifle, in it's case, to my Dealer to see if it would fit in a Camaro. The fit certainly isn't as nice as my Honda Pilot, but I can fit enough stuff in to go shoot LR.

The Pilot is certainly easier.
I'm pretty sure you could have just brought the case...
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:36 PM   #18
pdiddy972

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
Whats it take to even get a dealer to let you test drive a new vette. Where I live I cant even get them to let you drive a used freaking vette. It don't matter if you have cash for a good down payment and great 800+ credit they always say no.
I find this funny. I went to Chevy dealer in Frisco Texas after having lunch right after getting out of the hospital where I'd had pneumonia for the prior five days. I was wearing horrible clothes, had no shower in five days, and had track marks all over my arms from the IVs. Me and the wife came into the showroom and looked at a couple of Vettes, including one of the premiere limestone (Limerock?) green convertibles. Sales guy started chatting and I mentioned that Vette was nice but not the color I'd pick. Then he says want to take it for a drive? I said sure. He went and got the keys and as we were walking to the car I asked if he wanted to copy my insurance or drivers license. He said not no and away we went.

Maybe you guys just look like #thuglife ?

Last edited by pdiddy972; 12-26-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #19
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
I find this funny. I went to Chevy dealer in Frisco Texas after having lunch right after getting out of the hospital where I'd had pneumonia for the prior five days. I was wearing horrible clothes, had no shower in five days, and had track marks all over my arms from the IVs. Me and the wife came into the showroom and looked at a couple of Vettes, including one of the premiere limestone (Limerock?) green convertibles. Sales guy started chatting and I mentioned that Vette was nice but the color I'd pick. Then he says want to take it for a drive? I said sure. He went and got the keys and as we were walking to the car o asked if he wanted to copy my insurance or drivers license. He said not no and away we went.

I'm actually pretty clean cut and no tats or piercings. LOL maybe I need more thug look?
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #20
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
There are a few differences, about $25,000 more for the Stingray and no back seat vs a mini back seat. It's easy to get into a Vette, just point your butt in and drop down. Getting out is much harder. Put two feet on the ground and spring up. The only other thing I can think of is the C7 has been around a while. If the C8 is mid engine and not near $150k as rumored then who knows.
ron scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #21
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
I had fully intended on ordering a 2017 2SS with the 1LE package. Obviously that turned out to not be an option. I opted to spend the extra money on a 2017 C7 instead. I wanted a great handling car with some creature features. I have no regrets as I felt if I didn't get a Corvette now, I never would. Fortunately I have no issues with ingress/egress. The C7 was a 40th birthday gift. I generally keep vehicles long term, so if the good Lord grants me many years on this earth, I figured my next car would be some sort of Cadillac sport coupe.
Congratulations, Mike. I just did the same thing. Ordered a C7 Z51 2LT yesterday.

I was fully sold on the SS 1LE but got a great deal on the Vette. Employee pricing, half of the holdback and Farm Bureau with any 1st quarter incentives coming my way.

I'm older than you at 58 and if I still want the Camaro in a few years, I'm hoping the Vette will retain a little more value.

I ain't getting any younger, ya know.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #22
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
Exactly what I'm going to say. The Vette has a very usable storange area because it has a wide opening. It isn't deep like the camaro, but the camaro has a really narrow and tight opening. I can't fit DR'S in the Camaro, but I've seen them stuffed in a Vette.
This is how I see it as well.

The storage area between the two wasn't an important issue either way, but the Vette with the lid up is fairly spacious.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
bucknerbuck2

Drives: C7 Z51 M7
I bought my C7 Z51 prior to the release of the Gen6 Camaro. I was cross shopping Z/28's which with discounts were in the exact same range as new Z51's. (55-58k)

I had a 2006 GTO and after modding it I always wished it was a C6 just due to the lighter weight, styling, and the fact we never used the backseat. So decided to go with the Vette.

If I was making the decision now it would be much more difficult. ZL1 and 1LT Grand Sport are within thousands of each other and both incredible.

Im considering adding a ZL1 to the fleet if they are discounted a year from now. A tagged ZL1 for 55k would be impossible to pass. Everything says it won't happen, but I nearly traded in my Z51 for a 110k Z07 that was discounted down to 82k in October. There will be deals, and both models will depreciate!
bucknerbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #24
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
I find this funny. I went to Chevy dealer in Frisco Texas after having lunch right after getting out of the hospital where I'd had pneumonia for the prior five days. I was wearing horrible clothes, had no shower in five days, and had track marks all over my arms from the IVs. Me and the wife came into the showroom and looked at a couple of Vettes, including one of the premiere limestone (Limerock?) green convertibles. Sales guy started chatting and I mentioned that Vette was nice but the color I'd pick. Then he says want to take it for a drive? I said sure. He went and got the keys and as we were walking to the car o asked if he wanted to copy my insurance or drivers license. He said not no and away we went.

With a due respect.... your wife must've been looking great that day to pick up the slack... lol
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #25
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Camaro SS 1LE is about a second faster round Mazda speedway than a C7 Z51 ( both driven by randy pobst)

Combined with employee pricing for Camaro and NOT available on the Vette.... no brainer for me...lots of money left over to LPO/aftermarket in the 2SS creature comforts and more N/A power..
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #26
pdiddy972

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
Am I the only one out there that chose the 2016 2SS over the new Corvettes because of more cargo room?

I LOVE the look of both cars, in their own way. If I could own both, I sure as hell would, but when it came down to it, I needed something fun as well as practical as my every day driver. And for carrying all my guns to the range or gear to go camping, the Camaro just seemed to have the upper hand as far as spaciousness (especially with fold down and removable rear seats.)

I would've paid about the same for either (got my Camaro factory built and fully loaded) and I don't think my insurance rates would have been too far apart on either. So it really came down to space.

I also love having a sun/moon roof.
The entire roof comes off the Vette.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #27
pdiddy972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Congratulations, Mike. I just did the same thing. Ordered a C7 Z51 2LT yesterday.

I was fully sold on the SS 1LE but got a great deal on the Vette. Employee pricing, half of the holdback and Farm Bureau with any 1st quarter incentives coming my way.

I'm older than you at 58 and if I still want the Camaro in a few years, I'm hoping the Vette will retain a little more value.

I ain't getting any younger, ya know.
I was deciding between the Camaro and Vette and also went Vette a week ago. 2017 2LT Grand Sport in Black Rose Tintcoat.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #28
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
that color on your vette is freaking beautiful. Black cherry is one of my all time favorite paints that's basically the same.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02