Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2016, 03:12 AM   #57
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
I am not sure i'm following you here? Are you saying that GM is not smart enough to figure out the original ECU file in the car has been altered? I'm just looking for clarification is all.
If the service centers even bother to dig deep all they will see is a flash counter change, but have no idea what the flash was for. I have had 6 tuned cars and talked to a dozen service center managers, asking for their brutally honest answer on people returning mostly stock cars back to the factory tune. These guys know full well muscle cars are typically bought by part swappers.

If you have a CAI, there are passed laws that protect you from warantee work refusal - you will win that part argument every time.

If you blow out your powertrain or have catastrophic engine failure, the burden of proof is on GM to determine that a tune they cant see was the cause. If they take it to arbitration or to court, then you are most likely going to lose that battle.

Aside from that, Ive never had a problem and always got repair service, even a complete tranny rebuild.

Its the guys in these forums with a swapped cam, replacing headers - swapping out intake manifolds and throttle bodies...etc that are normally flagged and claims disputed. Depends on what part is being serviced. This info was from Service managers and not me. I spent a LOT of time asking questions at the various dealerships and pouring through forum experiences on this.

I always suggest to people, If you bought your Camaro for the guaranteed warantee work...then stick with fuzzy dice and floor mat replacements.

Last edited by DisturbedSS; 10-01-2016 at 03:54 AM.
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:19 AM   #58
DisturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
That's awesome. I'm not really against FI I guess. Part of it is the big up front in investment.
Janetty looks very good but e85 is too tempting right now as it looks like the flex issue is about figured out. 30-40 hp for a tune is great IMO. I'll probably just roll the dice with warranty. My plan is a used 16 1ss a8 next spring/summer for under 30k. Unless I hear some amazing changes for the 18s then idk what I'll do lol.

Enjoy the ride. I'm guessing it will make more than 520. About 550 is the minimum it looks like for a mild s/c setup IMO
Might be hard to find 2016s by then in the exact configuration you want, but its a smart idea. I always try to do the same ironically.

Its SO flippin hard to leave a car like this as is - just begs to be altered in some way!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #59
DisturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
You went from being 100% against even getting your car tuned to now bolt ons and supercharger....
Thats partially true, I was already tuned with a CAI and Borla ABs before making the decision. That setup gave the ability to return back to stock tune and never be refused warantee work. 20 years of empirical proof, but I feel the day is getting closer where modding anything beyond CAI is a warantee killer.

Magnuson is as close to OE as you can get and the fact that your car is kept almost 100% stock was enticing.

Im definitely 100% pro-tune - 6th muscle car and counting.

But yea, did a complete 360 on F/I after getting burned (literally - it caught fire) the last time - its still an immense waste of money for a DD in the grand scheme of life. You could say that about mods in general I suppose.

Its the magnuson, Borla ABs and all stock parts the next 3 years. At least Im "smart" enough to maintain 3 yrs of powertrain warantee until then. Just made an unplanned mint on a flip house last week, so that factored in the F/I feast.

Last edited by DisturbedSS; 10-01-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #60
DisturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
You went from being 100% against even getting your car tuned to now bolt ons and supercharger....
Thats incorrect.