Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Motorin Mark

Drives: Camaro SS
Best indoor cover?

My SS is not my daily driver so it sits in the garage all week long and gets a bit dusty and dirty. Can someone guide me to the best light weight, form fitting cover for indoor use please. Thanks.
Motorin Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
These guys have the best IMO.

http://www.carcovers.com/
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
tybuch2003

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS, 14 Silverado LTZ
I purchased the GM Camaro indoor car cover. I really like it. It is a really soft polyester. It has the Camaro 6 symbol pattern throughout it. It is very sharp in my opinion. It also comes with a nice bag to store the cover in.
tybuch2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:23 AM   #4
Motorin Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybuch2003 View Post
I purchased the GM Camaro indoor car cover. I really like it. It is a really soft polyester. It has the Camaro 6 symbol pattern throughout it. It is very sharp in my opinion. It also comes with a nice bag to store the cover in.
Might you have the part number? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #5
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I sometimes wonder about car covers and the harm they can do. My kids bought me one off the GM website for my birthday. Being just a bit obsessive on paint care I use only microfiber towels, and color coordinate specific towels for the rims, dry off paint, wax off paint, glass, only to then put a cover on that is not made of microfiber I wonder if we are scratching our paint. Have not seen any yet, but.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
These guys have the best IMO.

http://www.carcovers.com/
I JUST ordered an indoor cover from them 2 days ago! It will be here Saturday. Just wanted something to keep the dust etc. off when the car is winter stored. Prices are AWESOME to say the least!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #7
Motorin Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
I JUST ordered an indoor cover from them 2 days ago! It will be here Saturday. Just wanted something to keep the dust etc. off when the car is winter stored. Prices are AWESOME to say the least!

Can you post a pic on the car once you get it and give us your thoughts on quality, fit etc. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Which one did you get? My car will never sit more than two weeks or so, but I still may want to have a dust cover to use here and there.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:33 AM   #9
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I have a CoverCraft Form Fit (model FF16873FD) with storage bag.

Its soft like the inside of a really nice sweatshirt. Precise fit also.

I bought it for my 13 ZL1 but it fits my 16 SS nice also. I'm going to post an ad to sell it so pm me if its interesting to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Craft-F...=1&*entries*=0

https://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-ZT.../dp/B004F8WU9C
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote