Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I was messing with the FW-1 sales guy (long w/pics)

NOTE: I DON'T SELL FW-1, WORK FOR THEM OR ANYTHING!.

The FW-1 car products sales guy ran up to my Camaro at the Kroger gas station. I was like:

"Do NOT touch my car!" I had just detailed it. Wash with Chemical Guys soap, claybar, Chemical Guys M-Sealer, and carnauba paste wax. It looked great.

BUT, I had some wax that I had not gotten off.

FW-1 guys says "You have some wax on your black bowtie. Let me use some of this to try to get it off."

Now my back bowtie is plastidipped, and it DID have wax on it. I had tried detail spray on the wax but it was still hazy. so i said "OK, just the bowtie."

He sprayed a little of the Cleaner Wax on the bowtie and wiped with a microfiber.

Damn. It got the friggin' wax off.

He's damn proud of himself and wants to show me more. I have a wheel that has a terrible scratch on it that I am going to replace. I tell sales guy he can show me the Cleaner Wax on that wheel. And I had to admit, it looked good.

So I go over to his table with the intention of buying 1 can. He said "2 for $30" and I laughed. No way. So he goes into sales mode and says "we have a box deal today." He puts 12 cans of product in the box and says "$84." I snort and spit coffee out my nose.

"I'll give you half that," I say. He makes a face like he doesn't like it and grudgingly says "OK."

At this point, I feel like the "Cleaner Wax", advertised as "Rinseless Wash and Wax" is really just detail spray, and it worked pretty well on a couple of tough spots. I figured I will try out this stuff and if it sucks, I will return it to my Kroger grocery (where I bought it) since I spend thousands of dollars there, i feel confident they wouldn't leave me feeling scammed.

to be continued
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
KirkH

So I get home and in the box is 2 cans of Tire Shine, 2 cans of Interior Cleaner, 2 cans of All Purpose Cleaner, and 6 cans of the Cleaner Wax. I figured if I could even use some of it to clean some apartments i owned so i wasn't too worried about the $44.

I certainly wasn't going to try this stuff on my Camaro, so I pulled out the filthy 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport. i started with the Tire Shine. I'm sorry I didn't take a before picture but just imagine a dirty jeep tire.

Here's after FW-1 Tire Shine

not too bad. So I moved on to my awful fenders. Totally dirty.

After Fw-1 Cleaner Wax

Damn. That worked too. So now I'm starting to wonder about these bad reviews I have seen. The Cleaner Wax is just detail spray. It seems to have a lot of carnauba in it.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
That stuff is junk, DO NOT USE it on your paint. I too bought two cans (for charity) and used it on my 03 Caddy and after using one can I threw the second one away.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #4
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
That stuff is junk, DO NOT USE it on your paint. I too bought two cans (for charity) and used it on my 03 Caddy and after using one can I threw the second one away.
I wouldnt use it on my Camaro but I must say, it did a great job on my Jeep Wrangler and F250. At $4/can it is 50% of the price of Meguiars or Chemical Guys. I dont need expensive stuff on Jeep and F250.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
KirkH

oh and the tire shine is excellent! do use that on my Camaro.