Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-26-2024, 07:13 AM   #1
Nimair.ZL1

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Meth and 93

I want to hear from others and their experience. Currently have a built 400 CI LTX with CID heads and all. My blower setup is the stock blower but it is ported by kong. Running a 2.40 upper and 9.60 lower. Also have an aem aux system. I've heard that if I want to run e85 I would possibly need meth to be able to run more e85 content. Will I need 30% injectors as well?

If I stay with the stock injectors will the car run lean off the hit till the meth can makes it there?
Nimair.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:36 AM   #2
18.2SS.1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Port injection is the answer, DSX has something in the works to run off the stock computer.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:38 AM   #3
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
You will def need meth or larger injectors to run any sort of high Ethanol content. The fuel lobe on the cam should help with the pressure drop on the hit that is common on stock cam lobes/stock injectors with setups that really spin the blower hard and use meth to supplement the fuel.

The reality is, you will be leaning on the Meth for fuel regardless. So sort of not the best idea to spend all of that money on a build and then risk everything on a functioning meth pump. It's not often they fail, but you could run out of meth, pop a fuse, pump failure or just have a huge air bubble in the system which will make you go lean.

30% Injectors will give you some headroom to run more E but you will likely need to mix down to E60 still. Then add meth for cooling only. This will give you 99% of the power you would have had running full 85% Ethanol. Or pick up a port kit and don't worry about meth at all and run full E85.

Much better answer than I sent on IG. Nobody is trying to type paragraphs on IG DM's lol.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:44 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
You will def need meth or larger injectors to run any sort of high Ethanol content. The fuel lobe on the cam should help with the pressure drop on the hit that is common on stock cam lobes/stock injectors with setups that really spin the blower hard and use meth to supplement the fuel.

The reality is, you will be leaning on the Meth for fuel regardless. So sort of not the best idea to spend all of that money on a build and then risk everything on a functioning meth pump. It's not often they fail, but you could run out of meth, pop a fuse, pump failure or just have a huge air bubble in the system which will make you go lean.

30% Injectors will give you some headroom to run more E but you will likely need to mix down to E60 still. Then add meth for cooling only. This will give you 99% of the power you would have had running full 85% Ethanol. Or pick up a port kit and don't worry about meth at all and run full E85.

Much better answer than I sent on IG. Nobody is trying to type paragraphs on IG DM's lol.
This is the way.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:43 AM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post

100% agree...
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote