Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2022, 09:50 PM   #1
Sickstylemob

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss Mosaic Black
The interior door handle silver trim

What’s the best way to clean the silver interior door trim?I have a few black smudge marks for mechanic hands . I wanna clean it off but I don’t want it to fade or discolor the silver at all
Sickstylemob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Go simple first... try a microfiber towel and wipe it dry. If there's still grease left behind, try just water. A very small amount of Dawn might help to break it down if water doesn't touch it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Go simple first... try a microfiber towel and wipe it dry. If there's still grease left behind, try just water. A very small amount of Dawn might help to break it down if water doesn't touch it.
I wouldn't even go with a microfiber first, maybe a kitchen towel. Grease is hard to take off of microfiber towels. A simple towel soaked in plain water, and if that doesn't work just some small amount of soap.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I wouldn't even go with a microfiber first, maybe a kitchen towel. Grease is hard to take off of microfiber towels. A simple towel soaked in plain water, and if that doesn't work just some small amount of soap.
True, but MF towels for this sort of stuff can be had pretty inexpensively if they need to be discarded.

I have a bunch of basic ones that I end up using to wipe down "dirty" areas of the car after a wash.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:42 AM   #5
Sickstylemob

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss Mosaic Black
Yeah it’s dry up and it has light marking.... I tired microfiber towel and water, made it a bit lighter but still present to the eye
Sickstylemob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #6
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Better watch the silver trim. It has split on my son's 2017 RS where the interior finish meets the exterior side, a serious cut waiting to happen. We are careful to use the very back of the handle to open the door. Anyone else notice this problem and have a solution? It is the driver's side which of course gets more use but car has less than 21K miles.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote