Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #57
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I disagree. The 1LE is nearly the exact same concept as the Grand Sport. Components including suspension, brakes, styling cues, etc. derived from the higher model without any engine upgrades. I see it like this: 1LE = Grand Sport, Z06 = ZL1, ZR1 is stand alone or equivalent to a super Camaro that doesn't exist yet or maybe Z28? Or maybe the Z28 if they make a 6th gen?

Regardless, there's no doubt that the 1LE is the Camaro version of the Grand Sport.
sorry Ive been really busy with work and didn't pay attention to what I said too much lol I meant the standard ss being more of the z58 and the 1le being more of a grand sport. package wise it doesn't have any engine upgrades until you get into the zo6 hence a ZL1. It was more in comparison with engine upgrads, i4 v6 v8 v8 w/ a blower. if they were to come up with a new package or even new features like adding the 1le to automatics its gonna be a hefty penny to get the kinks out, supplies and production. I have no clue what the demand is like for that but I would buy one lol.it would be cool to see like an AWD revised version.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #58
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
I still feel like none of that made sense lol
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #59
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Agreed! To me the standard SS compares to the Z51 without the tires. So I added the tires/wheels, well almost. What is weird to me is that very few people realize just how good the standard SS is. It is directly comparable to the 5th gen 1LE out of the box in handling. And it includes brake ducts, totally awesome cooling on everything, and a very stout drive train.

Unless you are serious about tracking or just want something special you don't really "need" the 1LE. Still it is very cool. All the standard SS needs is more power. And it is ready for it. I think Chevy has all of the Camaro performance variations well covered except for those who want more NA power. Now if we could just see out of it. I think that discourages Camaro sales more than anything now that that the Mustang has even exceeded Chevy pricing. They have to pay $3K just to match the (Z51) SS.
You don't really need a 1LE, but for 6500, er, 7000 now, why not?! Lol for that price, you get to own a "special" somewhat rare version and with the wheels, stance, and appearance you don't really need to do any customizing to set apart from the standard SS. Plus, it is a proven track killer out of the box so it can back up it's menacing looks. It truly is a performance bargain. Heck, none of us really need a camaro... hahahaha
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #60
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm sure you do great work but you also have to admit there are a lot of really awful custom jobs out there that I'm sure people are sick of seeing.

If it came down to a bone stock clean V6 RS and some crazy over the top custom SS with crap like Lambo doors, ugly paint, or lowered air ride over 22" gangster wheels believe me I'd vote for the stock RS every day and twice on Sunday.

You don't do that crap to Camaros do you?
Hell No! I can't stand that stuff. I typically don't customize late model cars. If I do, it's subtle form and function stuff like suspension for stance/handling, wheels and tires with proper offsets, and maybe exhaust. No strobe lights, gaudy decals, Lambo doors, stuffed animals, etc... Lol

Here's my chevelle: I try to keep things classy yet nasty ;-)
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #61
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
You don't really need a 1LE, but for 6500, er, 7000 now, why not?! Lol for that price, you get to own a "special" somewhat rare version and with the wheels, stance, and appearance you don't really need to do any customizing to set apart from the standard SS. Plus, it is a proven track killer out of the box so it can back up it's menacing looks. It truly is a performance bargain. Heck, none of us really need a camaro... hahahaha
Ya the "need" was in quotes.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #62
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Hell No! I can't stand that stuff. I typically don't customize late model cars. If I do, it's subtle form and function stuff like suspension for stance/handling, wheels and tires with proper offsets, and maybe exhaust. No strobe lights, gaudy decals, Lambo doors, stuffed animals, etc... Lol

Here's my chevelle: I try to keep things classy yet nasty ;-)
Now that is cooler than anything you can buy out of a showroom.

And now even investors are paying big bucks for a well done restomod.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #63
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Now that is cooler than anything you can buy out of a showroom.

And now even investors are paying big bucks for a well done restomod.
Thanks!

I know! ;-) I sold it at Mecum over the Summer. It did better than most of the cars there but still only got about 75% of what I put into it. It was a full on Pro Touring car vs. Restomod. Cammed LS powered, big Willwood brakes, 9" rear, hydraulic dual plate clutch, full UMI and Bilstein suspension, Tremec, etc...
Old 01-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #64
Cgocifer

Ok, last non camaro post from me.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #65
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
you can never get your money back out of a labor of love.nice car though.i kept my pontiac tempest 25 years.3 engines,at least 4 paint jobs,3-4 transmissions,a couple of rearends,and 3 interiors.no idea how many miles i put on it but im betting over 200,000.my camaro is what the tempest would have been if i had GMs resources to improve it.quiet,powerful,efficient...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #66
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you can never get your money back out of a labor of love.nice car though.i kept my pontiac tempest 25 years.3 engines,at least 4 paint jobs,3-4 transmissions,a couple of rearends,and 3 interiors.no idea how many miles i put on it but im betting over 200,000.my camaro is what the tempest would have been if i had GMs resources to improve it.quiet,powerful,efficient...
Yeah, I had that Chevelle for 26 years. Stored it for 17 years before turning it into what is pictured above. Miss it, bit it was time to let it go. Looking to build a period correct Gasser 55 or 56 Chevy or a more modern Pro Touring 56.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:45 AM   #67
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Even if my V6 was in pristine condition and I spent every day detailing it, I would never roll up into a car show with it. Nothing against you if you do...but I never would. Seems a bit ridiculous. Someone can just go to a chevy dealership to see that.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #68
redcoats1976

well,whatever.its more of a hangout but i was still pleasantly surprised to get a trophy.after years of driving 60s cars with drum brakes its nice to drive something modern.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:12 PM   #69
Cgocifer

Yeah, there are plenty of non judged, non trophy car gatherings, cruise-ins, and cars and coffee where all kinds of performance and other unique cars stock and otherwise go to hang out. I like going to those to show off the 1LE which is pretty unique and unknown to many non camaro enthusiasts. Those events are a good way to check out custom cars, sports cars, exotics, trucks, modern and classic muscle cars, etc.

I don't Think I would take an RS or standard SS for that matter.

A judged show? Nah, won't take the Camaro.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:26 AM   #70
redcoats1976

well yeah,its certainly more fun to stay home with the old lady and watch TV than to go hang out with a few friends and check out all the other cars.we get everything from rat rods,full on customs,32 fords,race cars that arrive on trailers to new camaros,mustangs,and challengers.plus the usual GTOs,chevelles,etc.