Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #15
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
OP, I'm not sure what your complaint is. This is just normal things that happen to any car that is driven. If you want it pristine, park it in your garage and cover it.
Shit happens people. Your cars nor you are jinxed. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy by how and where we drive or park.
I drive my car only in the summer on sunny days. I have paint chips, windshield chips, a deer ran out in front of me and clipped my front fascia with its hoof. I have run over curbs I didn't see. Its just shit that happens.
I am just making a little conversation on an off day, honestly. Not really complaining - I get that shit happens. I’ve been lucky I have been able to fix everything and thought people might find the topic interesting.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #16
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
I am just making a little conversation on an off day, honestly. Not really complaining - I get that shit happens. I’ve been lucky I have been able to fix everything and thought people might find the topic interesting.
I found it very interesting and it serves as a good reminder that I'm not the only one. I don't have a Facebook account so forums are my only means of conversation with the world outside of my life

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #17
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
My Nissan doesn't have a door ding on it, aside from the peeling paint

I can park my Camaro 8 miles from a store entrance and come out to 3 civics surrounding me and a door ding
Old 11-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #18
c0r3yr0s3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post

I can park my Camaro 8 miles from a store entrance and come out to 3 civics surrounding me and a door ding
I have the same problem except it's usually beat up trucks covered in mud

Old 11-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #19
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post

Exactly!

I was at Sam’s Club a couple of months ago. I pull into a spot. There are no cars within 10 spots of me PLUS the row on either side is also still empty. I am in the desolate wasteland.

I am getting ready to get out when a Corolla or Civic (I forget which) pulls into a spot right next to me. To make matters worse, there’s a little guy in the back seat in a car seat. I’ve got kids, I know what that means - open the back door wide to get in there and get them out. Awww, hail no!

I look over at my wife in the passenger seat and say “are you kidding me”? Needless to say, I moved to a different spot before they could get out.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #20
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Heck, my car is jinxed even in the garage. Huge fender dent and two small dents on the 1/4 panel caused by a family member. Luckily, PDR was able to remove them completely. Then, a loose screw fell from the garage door and caused a paint chip. Thankfully, some basecoat/clearcoat touchup paint fixed it. Since it's white, the match was perfect and now you can't even tell where the chip was.

Oh, did I tell you the car rolled back on me two times? One of which, I was on the other side of the car cleaning the wheels. I had to run around the car and jump into the driver's seat to keep it from rolling down on the street. I adjusted the parking brake, but now I never leave it idling in neutral in the driveway. lol!

Fun times!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #21
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
I bought my 2014 2SS in Dec 2015. It had a few minor dents from what looked like garage junk falling on the quarterpanel. I took it to a paintless dent removal shop and they fixed it up like new. A day later, some jamoke at work in a POS family white oxidized minivan layed his door into the driver's quarterpanel and dented the hell out of it. folded the bodyline crease in. I had parked as far from that POS as I could get, but he had to just throw the door open to hit it that hard. A few weeks ago, I discovered someone at work again had hit my right rear corner of the bumper and knocked it out of the clips at the fenderwell. It looked bad. I had a drink. I finally went out to look at it closer at home. It clipped back in place and some polish took 90% of the paint transfer off. There was a 3/4" long x 1/4" wide scrape thru the paint on the bumper. I almost feel better when I have an old truck to drive. I can park it anywhere and nothing ever happens.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #22
c0r3yr0s3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Heck, my car is jinxed even in the garage. Huge fender dent and two small dents on the 1/4 panel caused by a family member. Luckily, PDR was able to remove them completely. Then, a loose screw fell from the garage door and caused a paint chip. Thankfully, some basecoat/clearcoat touchup paint fixed it. Since it's white, the match was perfect and now you can't even tell where the chip was.

Oh, did I tell you the car rolled back on me two times? One of which, I was on the other side of the car cleaning the wheels. I had to run around the car and jump into the driver's seat to keep it from rolling down on the street. I adjusted the parking brake, but now I never leave it idling in neutral in the driveway. lol!

Fun times!
You might want to consider hiring a priest to bless some water and use that water to wash your car

Old 11-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #23
Screwblower

Drives: 14' 2ss convertible
My SS is a magnet for idiots . I quess its the red paint. I've had 3 people just get pissed for no apparent reason at the 3 different gas stations. Bunch of mustangs doing their impressions of leaving the car show driving techniques. Had 2 other SS camaro's nearly clip us just trolling through city traffic.
My wife said if it's just gonna be like this then she prefer to just get something else to drive.
Nobody paid any attention to her or us when she drove the suv.
Screwblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #24
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You've asked a very good question. I'll expand it more: Mint, popular cars tend to be magnets. Jealousy is an underlying reason that morons vandalyze nice cars.

I've observed that Camaros in general tend to be magnets. People seem to be attracted to Camaros regardless of the trim. It is for this reason that my Camaros never go out unsupervised.

Some areas are not quite as bad as others. Enjoy your car no matter what. If you are in a bad area just take precaution and defend your car.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #25
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
People have no respect for what other people work for and own anymore. I made the decision I won't take the risk and drive my car on the road if the trip is longer than 90 minutes. Saving up for a trailer now!
Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #26
ThisGuyDrives

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey Metallic 1LE/1SS/RS
Only bad thing to happen to me is someone keyed it once for no reason about 6 months of ownership. Was about 8" long on the driver side rear fender. So, I got to stare at it in my mirror. Got it re-painted a week later. You can definitely argue it was a hater. But, $hit happens. No problems since, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I made the decision I won't take the risk and drive my car on the road if the trip is longer than 90 minutes. Saving up for a trailer now!
So, you're gonna let some random stuff possibly happening dictate you driving it on a road trip? With that attitude, why bother taking a trailer? More than possible that will be vandalized or stolen as well. Only they'll have you're trailer and your car. I've driven mine to San Diego twice and parked in hotel parking lots with no problems. One of those times I was parked right next to the bus stop and walked everywhere. Nothing happened. What you gonna do if something happens 5 miles from home? Never drive it? I doubt that. As I said above mine was keyed once and I was 20 miles from home. Definitely not gonna stop me from driving it. Especially on a road trip where it's meant to be enjoyed the most.

Cold Air Inductions Intake
SPEC Stage 1 Clutch
BMR 1.4" Springs
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HF Cats

Last dyno tune was with just intake and catback exhaust did a 401/379.
ThisGuyDrives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #27
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuyDrives View Post
Only bad thing to happen to me is someone keyed it once for no reason about 6 months of ownership. Was about 8" long on the driver side rear fender. So, I got to stare at it in my mirror. Got it re-painted a week later. You can definitely argue it was a hater. But, $hit happens. No problems since, thankfully.

So, you're gonna let some random stuff possibly happening dictate you driving it on a road trip? With that attitude, why bother taking a trailer? More than possible that will be vandalized or stolen as well. Only they'll have you're trailer and your car. I've driven mine to San Diego twice and parked in hotel parking lots with no problems. One of those times I was parked right next to the bus stop and walked everywhere. Nothing happened. What you gonna do if something happens 5 miles from home? Never drive it? I doubt that. As I said above mine was keyed once and I was 20 miles from home. Definitely not gonna stop me from driving it. Especially on a road trip where it's meant to be enjoyed the most.
Have just shy of 100k in this build, insurance is covering a penny! I'm not paying the consequence of some distracted driving totaling the vehicle, or someone without insurance or an illegal damaging the vehicle when it could be prevented. I am also on a drag setup, no front sway bar, drag suspension, pro stock parachute out the back, turbo dumps and spraying 100% meth. If I was in TX and not MD, so less traffic, less people, open roads and law enforcement is not as stringent I would daily. Not worth the risk in the DMV.

Nov. 1st driving my work truck to campus for practice, on rt. 1 in College Park, MD, guy in the opposing flow of traffic makes an illegal left turn right into me. No turn signal, not in the turn lane and right into me. Truck is totaled and the person just got out his truck and left. Now im stuck paying a deductible, uninsured driver deductible, unable to work since I need a truck; Geotechnical engineer; go off road for job sites im contracted for, need to carry equipment and chain a nuke to the truck. So yes why would I take the risk of driving the car and losing everything.

Last edited by djcolopi; 11-26-2017 at 06:51 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #28
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
In my old age, I avoid getting too invested in a vehicle. I don't mean too much money. I mean too emotionally invested. I feel more relaxed, low stress and enjoyment from just having "good" rather than having "perfect" vehicles. Although I could afford some pretty fancy cars, I would rather have a second hand 2SS that came with some dents. I drive my car like a rental and I feel great about driving on the freeways of southern California with all the Joe-bag-o-donuts with clunkers and crap falling off their cars and trucks. I do try to take care of it and keep it good looking and running well. But I'm not gonna loose sleep over someone stealing it or demolishing it. It's just not worth the anguish and stress, to me, to get the reward for that. My car is just passing thru my hands and will eventually be in the hands of someone with an income below the poverty line. To me, it's not a monument. It's just a car.