Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #1
TheG33k

Drives: Chevy Camaro
2017 Camaro LT No Crank No Start

So I'm not sure how to go about figuring out what the hell is going on in my 2017 Camaro but I know I have to figure it out and soon before I lose my ever loving mind...

So for about the last 2 months or so I have been having the same problem and I can't get anything to resolve it.
1) if I turn the car off in parl the vehicle will restart no problem as long as it is restarted in 10 min or less. If not then the car will not restart.
** Once it's been off for more than 10 min I get in push the starter and it doesn't Crank nor turn over not even a single click
*** The radio and the OnStar systems will turn on as well as the over head lights I can also hear the door chime going off but I don't get any gauge cluster lights to come on at all.

The car battery is good and there are no blown fuses....

When I push the start button it doesn't do anything and I can jump it pull any fuses etc etc but to avail.

Then 2 min to 10 hours of monkeying around and then all of a sudden I'll give it a shot and the gauge cluster lights up and the interior lights seem brighter and it'll fire right up...

2) If I leave the car in neutral and turn it off I can leave it like that as long as I'd like to seeing as I keep a battery charger on the battery so it doesn't die.

IDK what the hell is going on with this car but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TheG33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Sounds like a bad ground. Do your battery terminals have any buildup on them? When was the last time they were cleaned or checked for tightness? Connections to the starter could cause this also. That is my best guess.
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
my car did this on the day of my dyno, turned out to being a bad ground. My alternator wire burned up and caused that as well as placement of the grounds on my block.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:20 AM   #4
2ss.vic

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
This has happened to me and it’s driving me nuts. Car won’t crank up. Everything lights up but does not start. Did you figure out the issue? Been wondering if it’s my starter, need new spark plugs or even a new ground cable.
2ss.vic is offline   Reply With Quote