Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
MasterSiconis

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS 2.0t
SS 1LE Sway bars on LS 2.0t

Hey guys, this is my first post here so be gentle...

Long story short, a guy I work with has a 19 1SS 1LE, and is talking about switching out his front and rear sway bars and his springs to a different kit he has, and is willing to let go of his oem ones real cheap.

From what I can gather, they should work fine, but I has anyone added these to any non SS camaros? Is it worth doing? And what kind of differences can I expect?

I am planning on tracking the car in the spring, and I have a laundry list of stuff I want to do to the car before then, but I don't want to miss out on the opportunity if this will be worth the money.

Any feedback would be awesome, as well as any advice for future mods for the 2.0t. All it has right now is catch cans, CAI and 3 in. catback exhaust

Thanks,
MasterSiconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:58 AM   #2
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T
The front springs won’t work. A combination of the stiffer spring rate, minor change in spring perch height for the non-MRC struts, and lighter front end weight for the LS 2.0t will result in those springs lifting your front end. The rear springs should work, but I can’t speak to ride height for the 1LE (FE4) spring. I have standard SS (FE3) rear springs on my ‘17 2.0t - which is what the LT 1LE package uses from the factory - and they sit perfectly.

The sway bars will work, but are going to be too stiff for the stock LS all-season tire. You might not notice it around town, but on track those tires won’t have the lateral grip to keep pace with the sway bars. If you get them, upgrade your rubber at the same time. If not, the FE3 sway bars will be a better fit.

Not to detract from the fun of new parts, but you’d probably be better off just getting the track alignment and getting some seat time at the track. Your money would be better spent on an aftermarket oil cooler which the stock 2.0t really needs for regular track use.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
MasterSiconis

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS 2.0t
Awesome, thanks for the info.
One question though, when you say the car will be too stiff for the tires, do you mean the non RS 18 in tires, of the gy eagle f1 runflats that come with the rs pack and yhe 20 in rims?
I have the 20in runflats, but was planning on switching them out as soon as i can make an excuse anyway.

At that point, what tire would you reccomend? I know PS are top pick, but more budget friendly, i hear good things about the firehawk indy 500 or nitto nt500.
Mishimoto catch cans
MasterSiconis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 2.0 turbo, suspension, sway bar