Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
sickspeedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
ANYONE WITH TRACTION CONTOL/TUNE KNOWLEDGE?

Whats up guys! I am looking for someone that might be willing to help detail traction control tuning via Hptuners. Even after holding trac button and supposedly disabling traction control my car still grabs the tires very inconsistently. It will spin like he!! through 1st gear but when you shift to 2nd to initiate a drift the brakes lock the back tires up immediately. Not good for a man looking to drift. Is there anyone here with experience or can direct me to someone with a 5th gen in the drift scene that has had success with this issue??
sickspeedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickspeedSS View Post
Whats up guys! I am looking for someone that might be willing to help detail traction control tuning via Hptuners. Even after holding trac button and supposedly disabling traction control my car still grabs the tires very inconsistently. It will spin like he!! through 1st gear but when you shift to 2nd to initiate a drift the brakes lock the back tires up immediately. Not good for a man looking to drift. Is there anyone here with experience or can direct me to someone with a 5th gen in the drift scene that has had success with this issue??
hold the button for 10 sec you will see two things pop up on yur car try it now. (stabilitrac) (traction control)
Sxren_Camaro'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I've found that even with TC completely off the my car will still kill power if there is wheel hop. To disable the system completely pulling the ABS fuse should do it. As far as tuning, I have no idea. I have to pull the fuse for my truck in the winter because I can't turn of the stability control on it so no sideways fun unless I pull the ABS fuse.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I know the more 'famous' tuners here can tune it completely out - even though the push button enable/disable continues to appear to function as it did. For some time after my tune I thought mine was still on until one day making a left onto a busy two lane and had to nail it. It was OFF! Had I not had some experience, that might have made the news.

So yes, it would be good to know exactly what you're tuning in or out. No offense, but these people you pay have made all the mistakes for you.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxren_Camaro'13 View Post
hold the button for 10 sec you will see two things pop up on yur car try it now. (stabilitrac) (traction control)
That's what I do and have been doing since I have owned the car. I have never tried to drift this car so I never saw it to be an issue til now. Just wanna get it cleared up the most sensible way possible.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #6
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I've found that even with TC completely off the my car will still kill power if there is wheel hop. To disable the system completely pulling the ABS fuse should do it. As far as tuning, I have no idea. I have to pull the fuse for my truck in the winter because I can't turn of the stability control on it so no sideways fun unless I pull the ABS fuse.

That sounds exactly like what mine is doing... I don't ever physically feel wheel hop but can damn sure feel the TC take over.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Do both lights come on when you hold the button down. Is it possible your not doing it quite right and entering launch control instead of disabling stabilitrac? For mine I push the button once wait a second then hold it down and then After 10 seconds It will say stabilitrac off or something to that effect and both lights will light up on the dash. I hate the nannies!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I know the more 'famous' tuners here can tune it completely out - even though the push button enable/disable continues to appear to function as it did. For some time after my tune I thought mine was still on until one day making a left onto a busy two lane and had to nail it. It was OFF! Had I not had some experience, that might have made the news.

So yes, it would be good to know exactly what you're tuning in or out. No offense, but these people you pay have made all the mistakes for you.
That's kinda why I wanted a little input. I own HPtuners so I can flash the computer, I would just like to know my options. I do street drive the car often and not exactly crazy about all the lights and notifications in the car so id like to avoid the fuse pulling and BCM issues if I can.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #9
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Do both lights go out when you hold the button down. Is it possible your not doing it quite right and entering launch control instead of disabling stabilitrac? For mine I push the button once wait a second then hold it down and then After 10 seconds It will say stabilitrac off or something to that effect and both lights will light up on the dash. I hate the nannies!
1 tap TC off, 2 taps competitive mode, hold both down both lights come ON it says stabilitrac OFF.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #10
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Yea sorry I meant to say both lights on. When I turn mine off I only tap it once to turn the the traction control off then hold it to turn the stabilitrac off.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #11
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Just gotta max out some stuff, and disable some stuff on the torque management page to kill it all:

Torque management/General:
TCS Method = disable all
Max out the max tq in TCS method
Powerhop = disable all
Max out the in-gear torque tables while you're in there

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:38 PM   #12
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Just gotta max out some stuff, and disable some stuff on the torque management page to kill it all:

Torque management/General:
TCS Method = disable all
Max out the max tq in TCS method
Powerhop = disable all
Max out the in-gear torque tables while you're in there
Aha, so there is a function to kill power when there's wheel hop. I knew mine was doing that but nobody seemed to know, just said the same genetic books the button ect. I guess it's probably not a bad thing might help from breaking stuff. But with the new rear suspension stuff my wheel hop should be gone anyway
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:12 PM   #13
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yea sorry I meant to say both lights on. When I turn mine off I only tap it once to turn the the traction control off then hold it to turn the stabilitrac off.
No problem man, that’s what exactly what I do.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #14
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Get some wider tires, turn the nannies off. Problem solved.

Its how I beat a stock 6th gen SS...

His car was still spinning when I hit second lol...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote