BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
Thanks for the response...
Gotcha... I just didn't see the rip off part. You obviously know how to buy, but very few dealers are going to deal on something that most can't even get an allocation for. BeckyD gave me supplier pricing plus 1k rebate which basically took care of my 6.25 sales tax. So MSRP out the door on the 1st one off the assembly line was pretty good in my book. I guess my point is two months from 1st production you can't expect some of the deals you're used to negotiating on a super hard to get allocation where many others will pay full price. Maybe I'm wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Man, I would have jumped all over this color amigo...wow.

Would love to see it in the non 1le if anyone has a pic. Think I'm still partial to the nfg only due to the color blending so well with the gun metal rims, but this is a looker!!
Here you go... https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=53
Old 11-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #30
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
UGH!!! This color is so insanely beautiful, it complements the sharp lines of these cars SO well.

I just know I will own one in this color one day HAHA.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #31
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
THIS is what I've been waiting to see. I was really torn between Crush and Satin Steel and knew this was going to look awesome with all the Carbon Fiber and black on the ZLE.
Saw a Crush Z06 in Cottage Grove when I was going to vote yesterday. GREAT color too, you cant go wrong Mike.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #32
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Man, that does look like a nice color. I was afraid it was going to be a matte color like the Germans were big on a few years ago.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #33
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Gotcha... I just didn't see the rip off part. You obviously know how to buy, but very few dealers are going to deal on something that most can't even get an allocation for. BeckyD gave me supplier pricing plus 1k rebate which basically took care of my 6.25 sales tax. So MSRP out the door on the 1st one off the assembly line was pretty good in my book. I guess my point is two months from 1st production you can't expect some of the deals you're used to negotiating on a super hard to get allocation where many others will pay full price. Maybe I'm wrong...

Here you go... https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=53

What anyone else pays for a car is not my concern. The rip off part being near full list on their car and rough trade on my near perfect GS. That is like an $8K spread between their offer and what they will price my car at retail. Plus a minimum of 5-6K profit on theirs. What matters to me is the bottom line between my trade and my OTD price. I don't begrudge any dealer making money, but a near $14K profit on one deal?? I see that as greed. Plus consider for a moment that they were willing to only discount the 18s $1500 more than the 19. I think that makes a fair argument about the mindset of the dealer- not so much about getting a premium for a "rare" new model car. As far as allocation, seems to me 1LEs are not that rare. It's a niche car and I see quite a few 18s still sitting around. Its not like the new ZR1 with super limited allocations. Again, my 2 cents and stated with all due respect.

Last edited by Zap city; 11-07-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The OP's buying power is not as high as the dealer's selling power. Cash is king and this deal ain't.

I can see only four ZLE in that color available nationally, and the other 3 are a long way from Orlando. So the dealer has strong selling power. Buying power is weaker than it could be because almost all of the offer is in trade vs. straight cash. That immediately moves all of the buying power over to how quickly the dealer perceives they can move the GS.

We cannot assume they'll put it on their lot; they may need the cash and wish to flip the GS quickly. What is your car going for at auction? They may very well offer you $3-10k under that going rate so they can move it fast and not have to worry about taking a bath or paying auction commissions.

Zap - Give them your number and tell them to call you when they want to deal. Their cash position may change in the next few weeks and they may be willing to put your GS on their lot. Good luck.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #35
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
What anyone else pays for a car is not my concern. The rip off part being near full list on their car and rough trade on my near perfect GS. That is like an $8K spread between their offer and what they will price my car at retail.
That's too often the rule at most dealerships: their car is gold, your car is sh!t.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #36
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
What is your car going for at auction? They may very well offer you $3-10k under that going rate so they can move it fast and not have to worry about taking a bath or paying auction commissions.

This is very likely the problem, especially depending on their new C7 inventory and the amount of unsold C7s nationwide. Sports and muscle cars don't usually do great on trade-in. Also, trying to buy a new year model at the first of the year doesn't work in your favor. $14k trade diff isn't one I'd be happy with, but it probably isn't going to get better with the C8 reveal around the corner.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Its not like the new ZR1 with super limited allocations.
It's exactly like the ZR1 as far as allocation. There were only 85 allocations right off the bat and over 200 dealers most of which already had a buyer in line. Neither car is limited in production though

Your trade in is a complete separate deal. If you can't take their trade in number, add what you would lose in tax savings on trade and sell it for that then something is wrong.