Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Fender tweaked due to improper jacking

So my right fender got tweaked a bit due to a Goodyear shop not putting the car on the lift properly, I can't prove it was them because I didn't notice it for a few weeks(not really ever on the right side of the car). It's definitely tweaked at the bottom where it meets the door, I'll get pics later but for those that have had this happen what did a shop do to fix it? I really want to avoid paint work, especially because the Redline stripe would have to be replaced(one more thing for someone to screw up).

Thanks.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
If there is no hard pinches or cracked , the guys/gals from PDR ( paintless dent repair ) should be able to adjust it.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I speak for the majority but we’ve all had this happen to us at least one time during ownership. They just push the fender back into place. As long as there’s no damage to the paint, it should be an hour job at most.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I had it happen to the 2016 2SS I used to own when new tires were put on and a tech at the tire dealer fixed it for me!
Old 09-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
LT4Greg

And I checked my Camaro before leaving the tire dealer and showed it to the sales guy and he said they would take care of it. He told me that they had some Corvettes in the tire shop that they had to fix due to wrong lifting at one time or another. So my advice to anyone that has a Camaro is check both sides out and front and back before you leave any shop after having tires, brakes and other work done where putting on a lift is required.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
And I checked my Camaro before leaving the tire dealer and showed it to the sales guy and he said they would take care of it. He told me that they had some Corvettes in the tire shop that they had to fix due to wrong lifting at one time or another. So my advice to anyone that has a Camaro is check both sides out and front and back before you leave any shop after having tires, brakes and other work done where putting on a lift is required.
I have a veryyyy minor tweak not even sure it's worth fixing but will it get worst over time hope not
Old 09-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #7
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
I speak for the majority but we’ve all had this happen to us at least one time during ownership. They just push the fender back into place. As long as there’s no damage to the paint, it should be an hour job at most.
Thanks...any body shop can do it right?

Thanks all...I work on the service side of the auto industry, I figured it's something that isn't a big deal but wanted to make sure.

Time to invest in some jack pucks.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 09-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
this is why you remove the wheels from the car and take them in separately. how’s that saying go

if you want something done right...?
Old 09-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #9
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Thanks...any body shop can do it right?

Thanks all...I work on the service side of the auto industry, I figured it's something that isn't a big deal but wanted to make sure.

Time to invest in some jack pucks.
Yes sir! I actually had my local Ford dealer push the fenders back in place.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #10
LT4Greg

You and me both Frosty to buy some ZL1 add ons jack pads especially on my ZL1!!
Old 09-24-2019, 09:51 PM   #11
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
this is why you remove the wheels from the car and take them in separately. how’s that saying go

if you want something done right...?
Unfortunately I don't have the means to do it but you're right.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #12
BlueCam

Drives: 16 2SS Blue Velvet (SOLD)
Just the reason I bring hockey pucks to the tire shop. Just make a channel cut in one puck about a half inch deep, then glue or screw another puck under it. Works and I can make four of them for less than the price of one fancy one.

GPG

Last edited by BlueCam; 09-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.
BlueCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:29 AM   #13
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I have Lambo doors on my 16 RS and the fewer actually put it on a lift that had a curved down. this is meant to hit the jack points instead they went to the inner frame which put in my door jamb bottoms right on the rear of the left arm. It jacked up both doors. one thing I learned a long time ago is anytime I drop my car off for service at a dealer or even just a quick oil change if I'm outside of it I do a complete video walk around and because of the lambo doors on this thing now ( yes they are a pain in the ass and no I would never do them again) I actually take a picture of the service rep standing right next to my car and the warning sign that I tape to the window every time I drop it off about how to open the doors. sure enough when I pick up my car and I point out the damage to them the first thing they go to is " oh we didn't do that" default dealership answer for any damage done to your car. I loved the look on the guy's face when I whipped out my phone and showed him the picture of him standing right next to it that morning. Dealership picked up a $550 bill from vertical door in Lake Elsinore to realign my doors.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #14
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post

If they have had the issue why not correct it? Seems that they just deal with it off it happens

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote