Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 AM   #43
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
I took my 2018 SS 1LE in to the dealer in early October to have the clutch replaced under warranty. After tearing the car apart, they proceeded to inform me ...
Usually the dealer says 'driver error' for all things clutch-related. Did they resist before making the warranty claim with GM?
Old 11-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #44
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
The thing to keep in mind here is the dealership is GM's customer. The dealership wants to get your cars done and out of their care every bit as quickly as you do, for a multitude of reasons. Customer satisfaction is very important, there's real money at stake for the dealership, for the managers, and the advisors. Revenue of course, the dealership doesn't get paid for warranty work until it's done. Liability, everyday your car is on their lot, it poses a greater risk to them. Lot damage happens all the time. Sure the dealership is insured, but these type of claims carry a heavy deductible.

Also keep in mind that the Teamsters were also involved in the GM strike. So not only were parts not getting made in some cases, they were also not getting transported. This is also part of the back log.

Then also keep in mind, that for GM, production is King. So, parts that were put on hold, are prioritized for production first, warranty repair second.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #45
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Usually the dealer says 'driver error' for all things clutch-related. Did they resist before making the warranty claim with GM?
And typically this is true. Clutches are considered wear parts, like brakes. Of course, given the nature of the assembly, there are warrantable issue that can happen.

But all you have to do is a quick search for "clutch" on youtube and you will quickly see why 'driver error' is the first go to. It's not so much the dealership giving you a hard time, it's GM giving the dealership a hard time about paying the warranty claim. The dealership has to prove to GM that the issue is in fact a defect.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #46
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Yeah blame the people the company tried to screw. Get off your high horse.
Completely disagree. The UAW averages $63 an hour in wage and benefits. Why not go look for employment elsewhere instead of dragging down a company. Nobody twisted their arms to stay yet they had to have a temper tantrum and strike, costing GM billions and many future sales and customers. If GM could have shed the UAW, every single position could be filled with an average of $43 an hour wage and benefits which would not include a pension but a 401k. Had they really cared about their future, the UAW would have focused on getting their underfunded pension fully funded. No different then the teachers striking and putting undo stress and expenses on the everyday average citizen and students. I think you need to take the UAW off the pedestal you have them on. I don’t see any value the UAW puts in my 2 GM vehicles. In fact to offset the premium the UAW adds onto each vehicle, I typically only buy GM when the huge discounts occur like this time of year. Agree to disagree is where we are at on this one.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #47
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
OP, thank the UAW. This is on them.
Quote:
Yeah blame the people the company tried to screw. Get off your high horse.
It is a simple statement of fact. Without the strike and the effect it had on everything, the OP wouldn't be stuck waiting on parts.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #48
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
It is a simple statement of fact. Without the strike and the effect it had on everything, the OP wouldn't be stuck waiting on parts.

If the company would have bargained fairly from the get go there would have been no strike.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
If the company would have bargained fairly from the get go there would have been no strike.
Pretty sure they bargained fairly. But if your definition of fairly is give them everything they could ask for then maybe not. The only thing GM tried to do at the onset was get the UAW members to pay 15% of their healthcare instead of 3. The only thing you could possibly be critical of GM was when they stopped health care coverage for the strikers, who technically were no longer under contract.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:58 PM   #50
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Having been through this, be very persistent but but be polite. In the end it will pay off. GM has proven to me they stand behind thier vehicles. But work with them, don't fight them.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:23 AM   #51
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Finally got the car back

I read everyone's responses about getting the dealer to hurry up but I had a lot of other stuff going on and no time for the car in the week after week of shitty weather we got so I didn't get around to doing anything about it. The Suburban was nice to have - at least I could haul my MTB around for rides without taking both wheels off and origami-ing it into the trunk LOL.

Anyway, the dealer finally got the parts and installed them. The clutch is buttery smooth now. No shudder at all. I guess the wait was worth it.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #52
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
See it worked out for you!��