Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-18-2019, 05:57 AM   #85
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
That stupid crap does not belong in cars in the first place.

We are out own worst enemies with all that stupid crap.
Truer words have never been spoken. All of this stuff does nothing but create more distracted drivers. Why pay attention when I don't have to kind of thing. Not to mention that as more and more of these things become mandated, like rearview cameras and blindspot, the cost of cars keeps going up. All because we don't want to "miss anything".

How did Humanity ever survive before the cell phone?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #86
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
I love my 2017 Camaro and have not had any issues with it. But I am concerned that the A8 Shudder will appear at any time. That's a major issue, and GM did not do themselves a favor by guessing at the problem and doing TC changes and fluid swaps that did not fix the issue. After some failed "fixes" the latest swap seems to be helping, but time will tell, after all it seems to be another guess at what the issue is. Should be doing a recall, not demanding the owners report a problem and have it diagnosed before doing the swap in fluids.
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #87
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Some of those numbers just seem heavily exaggerated to me. I'm sure people have had some issues but 1/5! Just doesn't seem correct.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #88
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I wonder how the corvette did.. if it's drivetrain was magically reliable.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #89
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
That stupid crap does not belong in cars in the first place.

We are out own worst enemies with all that stupid crap.
I completely agree! My wife is not a fan of the new Mazda - the Chevy stuff is a lot more menu and button driven like an old school radio, but she would take a radio from 10 years ago in a newer car in a heartbeat. I'm more ambivalent about it - either way is fine for me as long as it works. But these new systems are way less robust in my experience.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #90
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik755 View Post
I love my 2017 Camaro and have not had any issues with it. But I am concerned that the A8 Shudder will appear at any time. That's a major issue, and GM did not do themselves a favor by guessing at the problem and doing TC changes and fluid swaps that did not fix the issue. After some failed "fixes" the latest swap seems to be helping, but time will tell, after all it seems to be another guess at what the issue is. Should be doing a recall, not demanding the owners report a problem and have it diagnosed before doing the swap in fluids.
Ya if the trans really needs a different fluid they should do a recall. I have this trans in my 2018 Colorado. Hasn't done the shudder, but I suspect it's a matter of time. I would feel better about it if there was a pro-active recall to replace fluid with the "correct juice"!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #91
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
"20,000 miles on my new car and it needs a new A/C compressor!"
Compressor replaced under warranty.

Honda owner - "Thank God Hondas are so reliable and they stand behind their products!" 5/5 reliability to CR survey

Chevy owner - "Piece of crap Chevy! Needed a compressor already!" 1/5 reliability to CR survey

It's called expectation bias.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #92
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
must be true.had to replace the wiper blades and engine air filter after only 5 years and 50,000 miles.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #93
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post

Honda owner - "Thank God Hondas are so reliable and they stand behind their products!" 5/5 reliability to CR survey

Chevy owner - "Piece of crap Chevy! Needed a compressor already!" 1/5 reliability to CR survey

Exactly. It's too bad the average person out there has no idea what terms like confirmation and expectation bias mean.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #94
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post

Unfortunately part of that is GM continuing to pay for the sins of their past. I don’t think people today would be so hard on them if they didn’t grow up with the echos of Olds 350 diesel, HT4100, V8-6-4, the Omega and the Cimarron, the Iron Duke, and Beretta or Corsica paint wash ingrained into their heads.

GM in many ways did completely irreparable damage to itself in those years. Those of us with open minds and open eyes see and know how much better their cars are today but for many consumers, those years were permanently condemning.

Honestly, one thing I’ve always felt GM needed to do after they went through the 2008 reorganization and bankruptcy is create an ad campaign owning up to those cars, publicly, and directly. Not a brush over “we know we let you down” kind of thing but a real, detailed, self immolation for the garbage they built which destroyed an entire generation of customers. Show the warped heads of an HT 4100 or the paint washing off in the rain on a Beretta, and tell the public it stops here and here’s how we’re ending this for good.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #95
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
The worst I ever had was a 2013 F150. Paint peeled in the tailgate and Ford wouldn't honor it, left a bad taste in my mouth. I bought it new off the lot, and within 10,000 miles it started just peeling for no reason, I've never seen anything like it.

My Fifty SS did seem like it was going to give me headaches down the line though. Windshield wiper sprayer got loose, had the shudder, back end started making weird noises towards the end, the interior roof started completely coming apart to the point it had to be replaced, the chrome on the inside handles started peeling and I got a nasty cut from it, and the clearcoat on the wheels started coming off.

Despite all that it's the most fun and my favorite vehicle I've ever owned hands down.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #96
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Unfortunately part of that is GM continuing to pay for the sins of their past. I don’t think people today would be so hard on them if they didn’t grow up with the echos of Olds 350 diesel, HT4100, V8-6-4, the Omega and the Cimarron, the Iron Duke, and Beretta or Corsica paint wash ingrained into their heads.

GM in many ways did completely irreparable damage to itself in those years. Those of us with open minds and open eyes see and know how much better their cars are today but for many consumers, those years were permanently condemning.

Honestly, one thing I’ve always felt GM needed to do after they went through the 2008 reorganization and bankruptcy is create an ad campaign owning up to those cars, publicly, and directly. Not a brush over “we know we let you down” kind of thing but a real, detailed, self immolation for the garbage they built which destroyed an entire generation of customers. Show the warped heads of an HT 4100 or the paint washing off in the rain on a Beretta, and tell the public it stops here and here’s how we’re ending this for good.

After talking to numerous Dodge owners and knowing many close friends that have them, I don't see how anyone could continue to buy them. They always seem to have issues. The only thing that I never hear anything about is the cummins engines because, well, they last forever.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #97
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Not a single issue for me. Something smell fishy about this "survey".
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #98
Okie Noggin

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
This came up in my Google cards since ya know, Google always watching what I look at and talk about *cough*.

Anyway, I have a hard time believing this article and wanted to see what all of you think? I had a 2016 2SS, for about 10 months and 15k miles. Lost it to hurricane Harvey, ugh. Still looking for a replacement 2 years later. Anyway, I never had a single problem and was not exactly easy on the car.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/co...rs-in-america/
WHOA! This article is questionable!

I bought my 2SS this spring based on the reliability of the rating in Consumer Reports. I just went out and bought the "New Cars" Consumer Report Buying Guide out now, dated November 2019. The Camaro is looking pretty good to me.

It is rated in 17 component categories for reliability, either as much better than average, better than average, average, worse than average, and much worse than average. There is insufficient data for the 2018s but with the '16 and '17s, the components of the Camaro rate much better than average (that's the top rating) in 11 to 13 catagories depending on year. Those include major and minor engine, major trans, drive system, fuel system,electrical, climate control, suspension, brakes, exhaust, body hardware, and power equipment. Those are the things that really count for me.

On the downside, the Camaro was below average with respect to minor trans issues (A8 shudder for sure), noise/leaks, and car electronics.

Ironically, with 4 categories out of 17 being rated below average, Consumer Reports's New Car Prediction rates the Camaro as "worse than average". I don't get that. To me, the engine, trans, mechanicals etc are the main parts of the car (and expensive) and are rated with high reliability.

Overall the Mustang and Charger were rated equal to the Camaro in reliability as "below average". The Challenger was rated as "average" but was much worse in reliabilty (4x) in catagories compared to the Camaro (2x). Figure that out.

For the big picture, there are cars rated the worst or lowest, or "much worse than average". These include Fiats, Honda Clarity and Odyssey, Kia Cadenza, Alfa, Jaguars, Cadillacs, Subaru WRX, Jeep Compass, Chrysler Pacifica, Volkswagen Atlas, Tesla X, Land Rovers, Buick Enclave, Nissan Titan.

This buying guide is 200 pages and nowhere did I see it stated that the Camaro was the worst in reliablity. What are you supposed to believe, Consumer Reports or Consumer Reports? Come on
Okie Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote