Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2019, 04:00 AM   #1
sequal

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Genuine Camaro indoor car cover fit

Hello from Australia!

I live in an inner city apartment block with spot in a car stacker. So I park on a tray that gets moved to another spot in the garage (up down left or right). It has sensors everywhere to ensure the car hasn't moved to prevent any damage happening.

My 2019 2SS is a weekender, so I want to get an indoor car cover as it sometimes goes weeks without being moved.

I need a snug fitting cover to prevent it triggering one of the stacker sensors.

From pictures I've seen the genuine GM indoor cover is snug fitting, but being Australia I cannot look at one in person anywhere, and there is no sending it back once I have it.

How tight is the front to back fit on a 2019 2SS?
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:48 AM   #2
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Moda stretch cover from Souther car parts is what you need. They are a vendor on this site.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:05 AM   #3
Tyro

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE - Krypton Green
I have the light grey indoor stretch cover from GM. It is a pretty snug fit. The elastic all around the bottom goes at least 10-15 cm under the front and back of the car. The cover itself is snug enough to see some of the body contours and door handles pushing out.

I cannot speak to triggering motion sensors but I can only see it moving if there was a strong wind.

I can't remember where I bought it but here is one place that has a picture of it.

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-pa...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

As a fun side note it has slightly lighter grey Camaro logos all over it.
Tyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I would not buy a GM car cover it will scratch your paint. My kids bought me one and the bottom elastic edges are really rough. Just the process of taking on and off is hard on the paint so buy the softest one you can find. I have a California Car Cover Dust Top Flannel for indoors and it works great but I only put it on when I have just washed the car and plan on leaving in garage for a week or two. Any custom made cover will fit snuggly. Might invest in a rinseless wash product so you can clean up before putting on cover.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #5
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I would not buy a GM car cover it will scratch your paint. My kids bought me one and the bottom elastic edges are really rough. Just the process of taking on and off is hard on the paint so buy the softest one you can find. I have a California Car Cover Dust Top Flannel for indoors and it works great but I only put it on when I have just washed the car and plan on leaving in garage for a week or two. Any custom made cover will fit snuggly. Might invest in a rinseless wash product so you can clean up before putting on cover.
I have a Dustop custom Camaro cover as well. Very soft on the inside. Like dpevans says, the key is to make sure the car is clean before covering it. I also bought the optional storage bag to keep the cover clean and dust-free while it is not on the car.

Couple pics:
Attached Images

Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
what he said. i bought 1 never bothered to instal it. its garbage. I knew it would scratch it. get a covercraft
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:05 PM   #7
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
My Chevy cover works like a charm. No scratches. No problem.

2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #8
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
I have a covercraft. Also only use it when the car is freshly washed and will be stored at least a week. Otherwise I leave it uncovered and ready to drive any time.
I get a lot of dust when uncovered but the car is garaged in a 3rd bay that is tucked away so not at much risk of anything happening to the paint other than dust.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:34 AM   #9
AdamN

Drives: '19 ZL1 Red Hot
Covercraft up here in Sydney. Do both indoor and outdoor covers.

https://www.covercraft.com/au/en/

Adam
AdamN is offline   Reply With Quote