#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #15
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
zl1 1le was slightly faster and more composed. Both cars bone stock. The zl1 was on the stock 285/305 and it is def noticeable on long sweeping turns. The zl1 felt like you were gonna lose the rear while the 1le didn't give that feeling. But it could easily be just the tire compound.

just installed the zl1 1le wheels on the ss 1le and went for a spirited drive. And again the tire/wheel set up is very noticeably different. I gotta say the set up is on point so props to GM. Lap times will tell all in a few weeks. On the street the gravel spray is brutal with the 3R's. I always forget as I don't usually run them on the street. Just had to test car.
Quote:
Some pics.
Sorry to hear about your dad. Wish you the best

It's too bad you don't have the data for the ZL1 on the G3Rs. I agree that most of that feeling would be from the tires.

SS1LE looks great with the ZLE wheel/tire setup. With all that poke I can't believe people running them before haven't hit the front fenders with the tires. I know more negative camber helps, but still...

Edit: Do you have the laptime difference though?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #16
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post

It's too bad you don't have the data for the ZL1 on the G3Rs. I agree that most of that feeling would be from the tires.

SS1LE looks great with the ZLE wheel/tire setup. With all that poke I can't believe people running them before haven't hit the front fenders with the tires. I know more negative camber helps, but still...

Thanks, we are working through it. I honestly believe the tire and wheel set up is 95% of difference. Put them on a zl1 and I think there would be little to no difference in times. I was running an average of 2 seconds quicker in the 1le. But it is so hard to tell from clean laps trans difference etc possibly making the differences. the zl1 was an auto but would get hung up on shifts whereas the 1le was a 6mt and it stays where I put it. When I'm in the zl1 I am always getting hung up on traffic at some point too so just slowing slightly can ruin the run for comparison sake. So no hard data other than what I saw as an average which was the 1le being slightly quicker. Now for feel, the 1le is def more composed and gives you a more confident feel. the zl1 has a squirrely rear on long high speed sweeping turns9again mostly attributed to tire choice in my opinion and the extra 1"). The 1le def felt more planted and allows you to push harder.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #17
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Understood. Best of luck regarding your Dad et al.
That must be tough. All the very best!
Thanks. we went from only having 3-6 months to it being a massive tunor that needs to be removed asap but survivable and dieing from natural causes. Still very serious and now getting cardiology clearance is a bit concerning. Working through it. Will know more tonight.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #18
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Thanks. we went from only having 3-6 months to it being a massive tunor that needs to be removed asap but survivable and dieing from natural causes. Still very serious and now getting cardiology clearance is a bit concerning. Working through it. Will know more tonight.
Fingers crossed for you and your family.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #19
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Thanks, we are working through it. I honestly believe the tire and wheel set up is 95% of difference. Put them on a zl1 and I think there would be little to no difference in times. I was running an average of 2 seconds quicker in the 1le. But it is so hard to tell from clean laps trans difference etc possibly making the differences. the zl1 was an auto but would get hung up on shifts whereas the 1le was a 6mt and it stays where I put it. When I'm in the zl1 I am always getting hung up on traffic at some point too so just slowing slightly can ruin the run for comparison sake. So no hard data other than what I saw as an average which was the 1le being slightly quicker. Now for feel, the 1le is def more composed and gives you a more confident feel. the zl1 has a squirrely rear on long high speed sweeping turns9again mostly attributed to tire choice in my opinion and the extra 1"). The 1le def felt more planted and allows you to push harder.
Part of the loose rear end feel in the ZL1 may have been your rear cradle bushings. The ZLE has solid aluminum ones whereas every other Camaro model has rubber. I added the BMR lockout kit to mine and it definitely gives a more solid rearend feel. I would recommend it for your current SS1LE. Or full bushing replacement is even better, but much more difficult install.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #20
most-wanted

Quote:
Part of the loose rear end feel in the ZL1 may have been your rear cradle bushings. The ZLE has solid aluminum ones whereas every other Camaro model has rubber. I added the BMR lockout kit to mine and it definitely gives a more solid rearend feel. I would recommend it for your current SS1LE. Or full bushing replacement is even better, but much more difficult install.
ah I forgot about that. Def part of that feeling then. Thanks for mentioning that.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #21
TrackClub

Quote:

I think going with 19s creates sufficient extra space for suspension travel for this not to be a problem. Even Z/28 came with poke right out of factory. But, if somebody decided to lower the car, this could change things up in a hurry...
Old 03-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #22
most-wanted

Quote:
Fingers crossed for you and your family.
Thank you. Just got the phone call cardiology cleared my dad for surgery. we are a go and that's good news. 2 part surgery Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday being the removal of 2 tumors one the size of an orange literally. If it turns out to be not malignant which is the thought at this time he should live a somewhat normal life. Thanks for the thoughts. This came about because I noticed he was repeating himself and forgetting stuff. I made him go. we all thought possibly stroke/dementia. Never in a million years did we expect that diagnosis which at the time was def worse than where we are at today. Still not great news but better. Its been a roller coaster. So just rented the car and back to Florida I go. Car is set up and ready for my track days end of the month. She will sit til then:( Priorities first...
Old 03-16-2020, 10:35 PM   #23
TrackClub

Quote:
Thank you. Just got the phone call cardiology cleared my dad for surgery. we are a go and that's good news. 2 part surgery Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday being the removal of 2 tumors one the size of an orange literally. If it turns out to be not malignant which is the thought at this time he should live a somewhat normal life. Thanks for the thoughts. This came about because I noticed he was repeating himself and forgetting stuff. I made him go. we all thought possibly stroke/dementia. Never in a million years did we expect that diagnosis which at the time was def worse than where we are at today. Still not great news but better. Its been a roller coaster. So just rented the car and back to Florida I go. Car is set up and ready for my track days end of the month. She will sit til then:( Priorities first...
You are a good man for having taken initiative.
Hope things are going well in Florida and conslusion will be most positive. Take care re COVID19 as well, especially when traveling. Good to see your gov taking broad steps here. Cheers!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #24
most-wanted

Quote:
You are a good man for having taken initiative.
Hope things are going well in Florida and conslusion will be most positive. Take care re COVID19 as well, especially when traveling. Good to see your gov taking broad steps here. Cheers!
Thanks. My dad survived both surgeries. He is up and awake. Talking etc. He is a little confused and isn’t able to walk right now. Dr says that is expected and normal. Tumor surgery was 5.5 hours. That is a long time to be under. He will be transported to a rehab tomorrow. So basically all good news. They said surgery went perfect with minimal blood loss. He just needs to recover. The next few days will tell all. Appreciate the thought.

As for corona. I feel the gov is doing a great job and taking it serious. I asked the dr in Miami of any cases and he said not one yet. It’s a bit of surprise since it’s a huge facility. Asked another clinic where we did bloodwork and they also reported no cases. I know it’s out there and am content with the go big on precaution. Better safe than sorry. It is def a concern because basically we are shut down. It is going to really hurt a lot of people and businesses. But again, rather be safe. Cheers
Old 03-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #25
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Thanks. My dad survived both surgeries. He is up and awake. Talking etc. He is a little confused and isn’t able to walk right now. Dr says that is expected and normal. Tumor surgery was 5.5 hours. That is a long time to be under. He will be transported to a rehab tomorrow. So basically all good news. They said surgery went perfect with minimal blood loss. He just needs to recover. The next few days will tell all. Appreciate the thought.
Glad to hear!

Quote:
I think going with 19s creates sufficient extra space for suspension travel for this not to be a problem. Even Z/28 came with poke right out of factory. But, if somebody decided to lower the car, this could change things up in a hurry...
Agreed, it just worries me. I've even talked to a guy running the 335/30/18 rivals square on an SS. Man do I want to try that!
Old 03-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #26
TrackClub

Quote:

As for corona. I feel the gov is doing a great job and taking it serious. I asked the dr in Miami of any cases and he said not one yet. It’s a bit of surprise since it’s a huge facility. Asked another clinic where we did bloodwork and they also reported no cases. I know it’s out there and am content with the go big on precaution. Better safe than sorry. It is def a concern because basically we are shut down. It is going to really hurt a lot of people and businesses. But again, rather be safe. Cheers
Great to hear about your Dad! You must be hugely relieved - to some extent anyway. Hopefully his recovery is speedy and complete. Fingers crossed!

As far as Covid19, stats are still lagging reality unfortunately, albeit they have been catching up past 2 days. No question the impact will be tremendous right across - economy and society wise. Time to keep our eyes up, practice proper safety and help each other as much as we can. Cheers!
Old 03-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #27
TrackClub

Quote:
Glad to hear!

Agreed, it just worries me. I've even talked to a guy running the 335/30/18 rivals square on an SS. Man do I want to try that!
335 square...that's massive! Is he faster then you?!
Old 03-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #28
TheRealJA105

Quote:
335 square...that's massive! Is he faster then you?!
I guess I should have said I've talked to 2 guys. One online and does not live near me so idk how fast he is. The other was Tom O'Gorman and yes he was much faster than me at the PittRace TT last year in a non supercharged A8SS. He is a professional race car driver first of all and though I had more power than him, his car was highly modified. He bought the kaomaro seen here https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539813.

I'm actually glad i started typing this because I never saw that thread until now when i searched for the car. I knew the car had the wider ZL1 front fenders on it and it sounds like the stock SS fenders do need cut for the 335s, but the other guy I talked to online says his are unmodified. The pictures from that thread look like the car has the 315s on that he mentioned.

FYI Tom should have the fastest PittRace lap with a 1:48.907
but i don't think he's on the forum so he doesn't count haha! He could be added as a pro reference like the Randy Pobst and Andy Pilgrim laps i guess, but I still want a shot at the title and I don't think I'm hitting a 1:48

Look at his segment 2 soaking wet pro driving skills over us regulars. He got me by almost 6 seconds out of my 47!!! https://timetrials.growsites.net/eve...ssions/overall