Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
ZL1 1LE wheels on SS 1LE

Ive read through the few threads on this. Kind of goes back and forth. My question is on stock street alignment will I have any rubbing issues with the 305/325 3R's at stock height. I will have maximum dive and roll as I'm an expereinced driver. I read somewhere but cant find it now on a rear rub issue also and computer harness issue but don't see it anywhere. Most people chime in and say no issues. I did the strut mod and have clearance, But don't want to find out its wearing as I have 3 back to back track days lined up. Thanks in advance. Ill post some pics once I can get to them.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Sorry cant answer your specific question first hand, but Provoste ran this set up with zero issues in the rear as far as i know. However, why would you track with stock street alignment and especially with G3Rs? And especially given you're an experienced driver? Any hints? Thanks!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
With -2.7 in front, you need to grind struts but no spacer is needed after. Rears at-2.0 clear with no mods. A number of threads about this subject.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #4
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Sorry cant answer your specific question first hand, but Provoste ran this set up with zero issues in the rear as far as i know. However, why would you track with stock street alignment and especially with G3Rs? And especially given you're an experienced driver? Any hints? Thanks!
thanks. Did say I wouldn't use track alignment. Just said I am doing back to back track days within a few days and don't want any issues. Im traveling back and forth to Florida to help my dad get ready for brain surgery and limited on time. And I also have 800HP nascar trucks and cars that are my main track vehicles. This is just something to drive to the track in with the family and run some laps with friends. I like having something somewhat stock to avoid headache and hassle when Im not bringing track support etc. Thanks for your input
Old 03-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
With -2.7 in front, you need to grind struts but no spacer is needed after. Rears at-2.0 clear with no mods. A number of threads about this subject.
thank you. They are grinded down and the fitment seems fine other than being close. I just want to see how this does compared to my zl1 and zl1 1le times. same track etc.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:37 AM   #6
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
thanks. Did say I wouldn't use track alignment. Just said I am doing back to back track days within a few days and don't want any issues. Im traveling back and forth to Florida to help my dad get ready for brain surgery and limited on time. And I also have 800HP nascar trucks and cars that are my main track vehicles. This is just something to drive to the track in with the family and run some laps with friends. I like having something somewhat stock to avoid headache and hassle when Im not bringing track support etc. Thanks for your input
Got it! Fyi G3Rs dont last long, so take this under consideration when/if travelling to/from. Cheers!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:56 AM   #7
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
thank you. They are grinded down and the fitment seems fine other than being close. I just want to see how this does compared to my zl1 and zl1 1le times. same track etc.
That will be an interesting comparison! Can I ask the ZL1 vs ZLE times that you already have? And did you have the ZLE wheels with G3Rs on the ZL1 when you ran it?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #8
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
That will be an interesting comparison! Can I ask the ZL1 vs ZLE times that you already have? And did you have the ZLE wheels with G3Rs on the ZL1 when you ran it?
zl1 1le was slightly faster and more composed. Both cars bone stock. The zl1 was on the stock 285/305 and it is def noticeable on long sweeping turns. The zl1 felt like you were gonna lose the rear while the 1le didn't give that feeling. But it could easily be just the tire compound.

just installed the zl1 1le wheels on the ss 1le and went for a spirited drive. And again the tire/wheel set up is very noticeably different. I gotta say the set up is on point so props to GM. Lap times will tell all in a few weeks. On the street the gravel spray is brutal with the 3R's. I always forget as I don't usually run them on the street. Just had to test car.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
most-wanted

Some pics.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2020, 07:11 PM   #10
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Put as much negative camber you can front and rear. My street tires haven't shown that much extra wear after thousands of miles. Well worth it for handling and looks for much less poke. White looks good with all the contrast to the wheels, etc.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:54 PM   #11
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Put as much negative camber you can front and rear. My street tires haven't shown that much extra wear after thousands of miles. Well worth it for handling and looks for much less poke. White looks good with all the contrast to the wheels, etc.
thanks and that's the plan
Old 03-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #12
TrackClub

Quote:
thanks and that's the plan
So...you have all 3 Camaro models? Maybe i am stating the obvious here, but just thought id double check. Thx!
Old 03-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #13
most-wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
So...you have all 3 Camaro models? Maybe i am stating the obvious here, but just thought id double check. Thx!
Had lol. I've had ZL1, ZL1 1LE, ZL1 1LE, and now SS 1LE. They generally sit and I get pissy when stuff sits. So I sell and then regret it. I have other toys so between that and the family its hard to stay focused. And I daily drive a truck because I need a truck. Just always find myself driving the truck. So the Camaros sit for track days. I was gonna hold on to the last one. Swore I wouldn't sell but my dad was given 3-6 months to live and so I had to focus on that. I spent day and night organizing dr stuff etc. Diagnosis has changed but still needs brain surgery. So I sold the last zl1 and couldn't resist the deal on the SS. Kind of bummed about it but it was the right thing to do. Lot easier justifying a 30K car in the garage vs 60K. Ill get bored and trade back over to a ZL1 when life settles down if ever. For now its cheap and I can still participate time allowing. Just a lot less overhead if that makes any sense.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #14
TrackClub

Quote:
Had lol. I've had ZL1, ZL1 1LE, ZL1 1LE, and now SS 1LE. They generally sit and I get pissy when stuff sits. So I sell and then regret it. I have other toys so between that and the family its hard to stay focused. And I daily drive a truck because I need a truck. Just always find myself driving the truck. So the Camaros sit for track days. I was gonna hold on to the last one. Swore I wouldn't sell but my dad was given 3-6 months to live and so I had to focus on that. I spent day and night organizing dr stuff etc. Diagnosis has changed but still needs brain surgery. So I sold the last zl1 and couldn't resist the deal on the SS. Kind of bummed about it but it was the right thing to do. Lot easier justifying a 30K car in the garage vs 60K. Ill get bored and trade back over to a ZL1 when life settles down if ever. For now its cheap and I can still participate time allowing. Just a lot less overhead if that makes any sense.
Understood. Best of luck regarding your Dad et al.
That must be tough. All the very best!