Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #365
dogmilk

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE 6MT
my company develops and manufactures "lifesaving medical technology," including something that directly helps out w/ this crisis, so we have an exemption

I still have to go in, IT is critical, but there are literally only like ten people who show up, who aren't working from home (down from ~190)

coworker and I are splitting the week up, alternating working from home and working in the office. no loss of hours or pay so I'm good to go

I am glad to have an excuse to get out and drive, seeing the bay area with so little traffic is a really unique experience
dogmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #366
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
American labor doesn't come cheap.
Yeah I don't think it's as cheap as Trump imagines and I wonder if GM even has that capacity to build so many ventilators. They also sold that plant and didn't close it as he suggests.

Either way this whole situation sucks for GM, they were on a roll with their SUVs, trucks and C8 Corvette.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #367
Lebowski

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS - V6
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #368
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmilk View Post
my company develops and manufactures "lifesaving medical technology," including something that directly helps out w/ this crisis, so we have an exemption

I still have to go in, IT is critical, but there are literally only like ten people who show up, who aren't working from home (down from ~190)

coworker and I are splitting the week up, alternating working from home and working in the office. no loss of hours or pay so I'm good to go

I am glad to have an excuse to get out and drive, seeing the bay area with so little traffic is a really unique experience
Isn't it?? A small silver lining in a crazy situation. I have been going out and ripping around to stay sane. It is so nice to just be able to rip around a little without the usual Bay Area traffic.

Quite a few cops out though but don't think they are really seeking speeders right now, more of patrolling for groups of people or crazies at the stores.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #369
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
+10!
Old 03-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #370
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
I could see them doing the assembly but actually developing there own would take years.
This is why they're working with Ventec. Ventec already owns the design but doesn't have the capacity to manufacture the volume needed.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #371
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
I am assistant service manager at a GMC dealership. I've had a few customers cancel appointments due to covid-19 fear and walk ins have decreased, but it's pretty much business as usual albeit at a slower pace.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:03 AM   #372
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmilk View Post

I agree about the traffic thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Isn't it?? A small silver lining in a crazy situation. I have been going out and ripping around to stay sane. It is so nice to just be able to rip around a little without the usual Bay Area traffic.

Quite a few cops out though but don't think they are really seeking speeders right now, more of patrolling for groups of people or crazies at the stores.
I did that a few days ago and it felt great. From worst traffic to no traffic still is shocking.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #373
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Yeah, but I'd rather be locked up in traffic on my way to make a living, than to be locked down at home with no income.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:10 PM   #374
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Yeah, but I'd rather be locked up in traffic on my way to make a living, than to be locked down at home with no income.
...I would love to jump back in to Houston gridlock traffic headed to the office downtown.

That's sort of me time that I'm missing now.

Have no idea what Howard Stern is doing these days
Old 03-30-2020, 11:49 PM   #375
anthony.martinez

Drives: 2010
While I'm not worried about contracting any virus. I have a friend that her son was tested positive for it. She had the health department at her house to test everyone in the home. We only have 9 cases here and I do believe this is more than a cold or flu like many say. I do not go out with gloves or a mask I dont wash my hands any more than I have before. However many businesses that I deal with are not allowing sales reps in the front door unless you have an appointment or are in tight with the target contact.
anthony.martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 AM   #376
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Well, here on Long Island this has been getting bad and definitely hitting close to home. Nobody in my immediate family, but a couple of friends and some coworkers have been affected by this, including two deaths. This is very real, people just need to do the right thing, this is nothing like the flu!

Luckily, my company makes electronics for UPS, USPS, Fedex, the medical industry, Target, Walmart, drug stores, etc, etc. We are essential, however, company directive is to have everyone work remote where possible. We are global, total of around 8,000 employees worldwide, many in other affected countries.

Our Long Island facility (company is based in Lincolnshire IL) is normally ~1200 people, currently only about 50 people are actually in the facility in alternating days/shifts so they have no contact with each other. The facility has been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and they are doing that over and over again during the downtime between shifts. Only the most necessary people are even allowed at the facility, our badge access has all been revoked for the time being to make sure we do not go in!

I am remote, no issues other than cabin fever, but not an issue to do my job everyday! Most people I deal with are at other locations, so a headset and computer is normal for me in whatever building I'm in.

My significant other is school teacher teaching via virtual classroom. We have a 17 yo also remotely schooling and a 19 yo who came home for Spring break from GW University, which of course became a permanent break, also doing work remote.
Only pain point is the internet bandwidth is quite stressed! All the video calls is making it sooooo sloooowwwww........or even dropping from time to time.

That and waiting and hoping Chevy will still build my Camaro! Chevy accepted the order on March 17, just before shutdown, so I hope it will still be built eventually.......but right now, much bigger and more important issues than the car I am not getting any time soon.

Stay safe, stay healthy, be smart and we'll all come out the other side.

Last edited by Nothing like an SS; 03-31-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #377
foto1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2002 Honda CR-V
Working in the luxury car business here. Our dealership is still going. Business has dropped off quite a bit. Normally 30-40 appointments a day here in service. Now down to 20. We reduced our store hours and the sales dept is no longer open Sundays. My girlfriend works at Best Buy and has stayed at home since she's high risk, but is getting paid. It's rough but I think with proper measures, we'll all get through it. I just want to track my car soon :(
Old 04-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #378
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
You think hospitals are overwhelmed now?
I cant help but think alcohol sales are thru the roof and theres gonna be a baby boom in December.

Mas tequila!
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote