Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #281
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
I work at a dealership. Firsthand knowledge.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #282
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
It's not affecting my job.

Corrections is a 24/7 job that will always have to operate.

Inmates have to be fed and the institution and community has to be kept safe and secure.

Just like healthcare, etc.
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite

Last edited by John_C; 04-04-2020 at 03:00 AM.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #283
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
It's not affecting my job.

Corrections is a 24/7 job that will always have to operate.

Inmates have to be fed and the institution and community has to be kept safe and secure all the times.

Just like healthcare, etc.
It will affect your job very seriously as soon as an infected inmate shows up. No you won't get a vacation, unless you get sick, but all the hoops and red tape coming your way, you may find yourself wanting to get it.

I know our dealership is getting hit hard, economically. The service drive is about a 1/4 of normal. I've lost three deals this week alone because of the uncertainty of the markets. The freeway we're located on is typically a log jam all day, now it looks like a Sunday morning.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:51 PM   #284
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Hey guys checking in still here at home but the infection is starting to hit my lungs slightly more and fever is still the same. I did hear about the ibuprofen so I stopped taking those. Without pain meds the body cramps are almost unbearable thou. I have to be careful if I lay flat on my back my back muscles tend to lock up in a cramp which makes toe cramps look like child’s play. I’m Staying hydrated with water soup and Gatorade. I’m locked in the master bedroom and the wife and my young daughter stay away and I get food and drink from them in full mask and gloves. So far they both have no symptoms I Dread my 12 year old daughter getting this. So I’m trying to hang in there but if the lungs start to go south I’m heading to hospital.

Thanks for all the kind words. I’ll update soon ��
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #285
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
Hey guys checking in still here at home but the infection is starting to hit my lungs slightly more and fever is still the same. I did hear about the ibuprofen so I stopped taking those. Without pain meds the body cramps are almost unbearable thou. I have to be careful if I lay flat on my back my back muscles tend to lock up in a cramp which makes toe cramps look like child’s play. I’m Staying hydrated with water soup and Gatorade. I’m locked in the master bedroom and the wife and my young daughter stay away and I get food and drink from them in full mask and gloves. So far they both have no symptoms I Dread my 12 year old daughter getting this. So I’m trying to hang in there but if the lungs start to go south I’m heading to hospital.

God Speed and keep us posted.

As for how it has affected my job...

I work in logistics for a major food company so we are considered critical to the food supply-chain. COVID-19 has affected a lot of our daily practices. Everything is sanitize, sanitize, sanitize, social distancing, all meetings canceled, no-one from outside the company is aloud in unless it is vital to the business. Tuckers dropping and picking up finished product and supplies are not aloud to get out of their trucks, doors inside the plant that are normally closed are open to reduce surface touching. They've even removed chairs from break-rooms to keep people from taking breaks together. And to top it off, last week all our product demand shot up over 50%...

It's seems crazy, but I believe it all needs to be done.

Here in MI our governor has already shut down schools, restaurants and bars for the next three weeks. Im lucky enough to have been able to pull my daughter from daycare to help keep her and my family protected.

I'm concerned for everyones safety as well as how the economy is going to recover for this.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:11 AM   #286
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:

Stay strong brother, you will pull through this just fine. Hopefully soon this will be nothing but a crappy memory and you can carry on where you left off. Good idea to not fool around with your lungs. Nobody knows your body better than you, so the second you know it's time to go you better get your butt moving.

If you can speak to a doctor ASAP maybe you can get an Rx for some chloroquine and see if that knocks it out.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #287
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:

Best of luck to you and well wishes!

I too heard about the ibuprofen thing and asked my physical therapist yesterday and she said she too had heard about it and suggested people switch to Tylenol instead if they still needed pain relief. Hopefully that will work for you. Good luck again and I wish you a speedy recovery.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #288
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
Quote:

Wishing you all of the best.

Three cases confirmed in our community now...
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #289
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:

Keep up the good fight, continued thoughts and prayers from New Mexico.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #290
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
As news breaks of another over reaction, of lockdown in California I'll post a link to a good article about the COVID 19 mortality rate by an expert in the field. For those that don't follow medical schools Stanford is one of the best in the nation and world. I have no affiliation because it is so selective most of our families don't rise to the level of having been accepted as a student or been a graduate.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/stanfo...d-on-bad-data/
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #291
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
As news breaks of another over reaction, of lockdown in California I'll post a link to a good article about the COVID 19 mortality rate by an expert in the field. For those that don't follow medical schools Stanford is one of the best in the nation and world. I have no affiliation because it is so selective most of our families don't rise to the level of having been accepted as a student or been a graduate.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/stanfo...d-on-bad-data/

Here is the actual paper that article talks about

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #292
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Quote:

Hang in there brother.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #293
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:

Stay strong my friend. We are all thinking nothing but positive thoughts for your recovery.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:33 PM   #294
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Really didn't come in here expecting to read your last posts but this really hits home for all of us. Wish you all the best and keep us posted on your recovery.

My job was screwed before COVID-19 with the oil war going on. Now this just puts icing on the cake. Before either of these things happened we already had restructuring and planned layoffs on the way to be finalized by Oct. No idea what the future holds now but thankful I have my health.