Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
Gottinelli

Drives: 2016 2LT
IO5---->IO6 Module questions...

First of all thanks to all that reply. I have a '16 2LT with just the Onstar Nav. A great used car I couldn't pass up, but frankly would like navigation. And yes, I realize I can use my iPhone through Apple Car Play. I've been following related threads and have also studied the retailers pages of the module.
For those in the know....
1. I use Sirius exclusively. I've read after the module switch, further work with them (Sirius) is necessary to get it transmitted to the radio. (We all know how frustrating talking to them can be). Is there more to it than at the worst, just them sending a refresh signal?
2. I've also read that to get total integration into the drivers info screen, one has to remove that part of the dash (not an option for me) and send it to the retailer for programming. Does this mean that navigation directions are not displayed there (or the HUD for that matter) unless this is done?
3. Are there any other changes to the HUD (deletions specifically) that are displayed now as just a stock system?
Once again, thanks!
Gottinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
I have upgraded from io5 to io6 before. its a 1LT. you can PM me if you have any questions.

1. should be ok, you can use sirius after that.
2. Reprogramming is necessary for cluster, which is PITA. I have done, but wouldnt recommend it.
3. Cluster has to be reprogrammed, so it wont show on HUD unless you reprogram it.
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #3
Gottinelli

Drives: 2016 2LT
Strange. I've been emailing the folks at infotainment.com. With my VIN, they're saying they pre-program the module and turn by turn graphics will display in my center drivers information screen. I do have the 2LT BTW...
Gottinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Module comes preprogrammed. But not cluster screen. It has to be programmed as well. you can check with whiteautomedia.com for that. Also, in future, if dealer has to flash the BCM or HMI module, it will revert back and you dont have the navigation. You have to send it again to the company and they will again reprogram it for free. This is what happened to me
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #5
nystyle246

Drives: camaro 1SS
J4 connection oh HMI

I just updated to Io6 myself.. Got it unlocked and love it... My question is on the HMI module what is the J4 connection for?????
nystyle246 is offline   Reply With Quote