Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hello from Long Island!

Hello all!
I signed up here a week or so ago, not long after I placed my order at the dealer for my new 2020 1SS 1LE in Riverside Blue. Now the waiting for it to be built and delivered, which of course is getting massively delayed.

I come from a long history of Chevy SS vehicles, generally all Monte Carlos, 5th gens were my favorite! Had quite a few, all heavily modified. But oh, the work to maintain and repair was fun years ago, now not so much.

Now, as I am getting older (and lazier?) I decided to just get a hot, fast, fun car, no turning wrenches and working on it every other weekend, just jump in a drive it with full warranty! Great times for cars these days!

Anyway, back to the COVID-19 isolation for a few weeks, pass the time waiting for news Chevy will restart factories and get my car going!

Oh, I also build and play guitars, so at least a great hobby there for when I am in lock down! I'd prefer driving my new Camaro, but hey, it is what it is.

Great forum here, tons of information, I have been reading all over.
I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and we get through these exceptional times.

I will post more often once I actually have my car, and of course I will post in the section when I get it and show it off to the gang here!

Oh, I am also currently driving a 2007 Monte Carlo SS, you know one of those weird sideways mounted LS4 V8 cars with FWD....lol. Great car though and it will be my "other" car alongside the Camaro. I figure that either way I'll be driving an SS, so all good!

Thanks!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Old 03-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
welcome. i too am from long island!!
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hello and welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Congratulations on the purchase, and welcome!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Welcome and congrats!! You'll have another amazing chevy V8 in the garage before you know it!

-Sean
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/Camaro6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 03-28-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Welcome
I’m in Nassau county by the Suffolk border
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #9
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Welcome! My family was from Huntington. Can't wait to see pics of your car when you finally get it.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:59 AM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Thanks for the welcome all, especially advanced notice on full fridge and potential food fight, noted! Oh, and believe me, at my age I am legal for ANYTHING!

A few LI folks on here, very cool. Once I actually get my car (hopefully before next winter!) we will have to get together somewhere, once all of this is over of course and it is safe to do so.

Good times ahead!
Old 03-30-2020, 06:14 AM   #11
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new Camaro. I can imagine how you are over the top in excitement. Great things will eventually come to those who are patient. During my first career as a United States Marine I was stationed two different time with the 1st Marine Corps District Headquarters that was then located on Stewart Avenue in Garden City. We resided in East Meadow. Loved the area.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:22 AM   #12
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

I neglected to state WHERE I am on Long Island, I am in central Suffolk, South Setauket to be exact.

Deputy, thank you for your service! Yes, patience is key right now for all of us, we can weather this storm and we'll be better for it when we emerge from all of this. I waited several years to pull the trigger on a new Camaro, so what's a few more months? Certainly much bigger things to be concerned with, so this will be like my post pandemic prize, maybe mid June which will also make it a Birthday present for myself! LOL
Old 04-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #13
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!