Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
CT20

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1LE
Line lock and launch control

Does the 2019 1LE have line lock and launch control? I can see the 0-60 and such, but I can’t get to line lock and launch control. If you have any guidance please let me know. Thanks
CT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT20 View Post
Does the 2019 1LE have line lock and launch control? I can see the 0-60 and such, but I can’t get to line lock and launch control. If you have any guidance please let me know. Thanks
Launch control: yes
Line Lock: No
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Line lock on the A10 only.

You will have to add line lock your self if you want that mode for M6. Did it in my 2016 SS A8.

Product

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/deals.html

Install video

https://youtu.be/9EsqE5QEs2I
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
CT20

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1LE
How then do I get to launch control?
CT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
sonic1971

Drives: 2SS 1LE 2018
would this install void warranty?
sonic1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Don’t quote me, but I think From sport mode double tap launch control, that will put you in competitive mode. In 1st floor it with clutch engaged, the RPMs will settle at some point, quickly but smoothly release the clutch and you’re off
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:14 PM   #7
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Read the owners manual and high performance supplement.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:03 PM   #8
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Search here on the forum, or google "1LE launch control" and you will get results from this forum. It has been discussed at length/great detail before. There are tons of helpful threads you can search on here to help you figure out most anything about these cars.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #9
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Apparently my 2020 Manual 2SS has both. I have not confirmed in the actual car but the owners manual on Pages 162 - 164 is Launch Control and 165 - 167 is Line Lock, it explains both and how to activate them. Both clearly state the instructions for manual and auto but does say "if equipped"

Custom Launch Control (If Equipped) Custom Launch Control allows the following parameters for Launch Control to be modified: . Launch RPM . Slip Target (5%–15%) . Surface Type To adjust the Launch RPM, all of these conditions must be met:
. The vehicle must be in Track Mode. See “Track Mode” under Driver Mode Control 0 196. . Performance Traction Management (PTM) Mode must be enabled. For convertibles, and SS equipped with 10-speed automatic, Competitive Driving Mode must be enabled. See Driver Mode Control 0 196. . The steering wheel must be straight. . The driver door must be closed. . The transmission must be in a gear other than R (Reverse). It will work in P (Park) or N (Neutral). . The parking brake must not be engaged. For more information on Competitive Driving Mode, see Competitive Driving Mode (SS, ZL1 and 1LE Models Only) 0 200.
Driving and Operating 163
1. Using the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, press o to open the top level DIC menu. Use x to scroll down to Options and press SEL.
2. Use w or x to navigate to the Launch Control menu.
3. Use p to open the Options menu.
4. Use x or w to highlight Custom.
5. Press SEL to select Custom.
6. Scroll down to Launch RPM using x. 7. Press SEL.
164 Driving and Operating
8. Adjust the desired RPM using w or x: 1800–4000 RPM for manual transmissions and 1200–2400 for automatic.
9. Press SEL to confirm the desired RPM.
Manual Transmission 10. In this example, Launch Control is set to custom desired settings. . Manual Trans: Apply full throttle to activate Launch Control and quickly release the clutch pedal to launch the vehicle.
Automatic Transmission . Auto Trans: Firmly press and hold the brake pedal to activate Launch Control.
11. Auto Trans Only - Quickly apply full throttle. Release the brake pedal to launch the vehicle.

Line Lock (If Equipped) {Warning
The vehicle may move unexpectedly when using Line Lock, which could cause injury to persons or property located nearby. Only use Line Lock on a closed track where there is a large clear area around all sides of the vehicle. Be ready to apply the brakes immediately if the vehicle begins to move. Do not use Line Lock in an area that is accessible to the public or where people or property are located near the vehicle.
Caution
Attempting to shift when the drive wheels are spinning and do not have traction may cause damage to the transmission. Damage caused by misuse of the vehicle (Continued)
Caution (Continued)
is not covered by the vehicle warranty. Do not attempt to shift when the drive wheels do not have traction.
Line Lock allows for locking the front brakes independently of the rear brakes. This allows the rear tires to spin when the throttle is applied. To enter Line Lock, all of these conditions must be met: . The vehicle must be in Track Mode. . Performance Traction Management (PTM) Mode must be enabled. For convertibles, Competitive Driving Mode must be enabled. . The steering wheel must be straight. . The driver door must be closed.
. The vehicle must be in D (Drive) for an automatic transmission or 1 (First) gear for a manual transmission. . The parking brake must not be engaged. . The vehicle must be stopped on level ground. The accelerator pedal must not be applied.
1. Using the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, press o to open the top level DIC menu. Use x to scroll down to Options and press SEL.
166 Driving and Operating
2. Use w or x to navigate to the Launch Control menu.
3. Use p to open the Launch Control menu. Select Automatic or Custom.
4. Use x to highlight Line Lock. 5. Press SEL to select Line Lock.
6. Press the brake pedal firmly to move the bar graph to 100%.
7. Release the brake pedal.
8. There are 15 seconds to complete the burnout and exit. 9. To release the brakes and roll out, press 1 and SEL at the same time. If the burnout is not completed in 15 seconds, torque will be reduced to idle, the parking brake will be
Driving and Operating 167
applied, Line Lock releases, and Custom Launch Control will be disabled.
Ensure the parking brake is disengaged to re-enter Launch Control.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote