Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-05-2020, 03:53 AM   #1
beerstine1

Drives: camaro lt 4cl
Android Auto New Version Not Working

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with AA and found a solution. I have a 2016 LT, was using AA with no problems until October 19 then it would not project to my screen. Tried everything I could find online including another phone with no luck. I went back to the AA version released in September and it works fine connects and displays as it always had. With the new version everything seems to work okay my phone says AA is running and has no errors but it doesn't project to the screen. I thought it may have been a bug in the new AA and waited for new versions to be released but still have the same problem since October....Any advice would be appreciated!
beerstine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
At one point I had issues (Samsung S10+) due to Samgun pushing out the SamsungDex program. I deleted and cleared the AA app on my phone, reinstalled it and started over and it worked fine afterwards.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
First, get a second opinion by having someone else connect their phone to the same cable.

Second, if the second opinion fails:
Uninstall AA from your phone and go find a specific version that predates when it started not working and install that directly (not thru the play store).
If that fails, then start replacing hardware from the cable back to the unit.

If the second opinion passes, then you could have an issue with the phone. See if your phone works in someone else's car with AA.

It's going to be guess and check any way you look at it. There are too many variables that can cause this resulting behavior.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #4
Jverado

Drives: 2004 Silverado, 2020 ZL1
I have a 2020 camaro zl1 and I've yet to be able to get my phone hooked up via android auto. It's a Samsung S9+ and it's updated to android 10. Since this version, Android Auto is built into the operating system, so I can't really uninstall it. I have tried 3 different USB cables. When I hook up the phone, it acts as if I'm quickly plugging it in and unplugging it. I think it may have to do with the DEX issue. I don't want to mess with the dealership if it's a phone issue. It works fine on my Kenwood stereo in my truck.
Jverado is offline   Reply With Quote