Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2020 Camaro Fest (X)

AWE Tuning

Old 02-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
MRLZL1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 6MT
Hauling or shipping the Camaro to BGKY

I am interested in going to my first Camaro fest. I have a ton of family in Bowling Green and it's around 4th of July so that would be nice. This will be my first year attending!

Although it sounds fun, I really don't want to drive the 1600+ miles from Scottsdale AZ in my ZL1-1LE. Anyone shipping their cars or putting them in trailers? I don't have a trailer but thinking of shipping or maybe renting a trailer.

Plus side to shipping is that I could fly and spend more time with the family.
I'm looking at costs and feasibility of the whole idea.

Anyone else coming from West coast/Southwest?

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Last edited by MRLZL1LE; 02-22-2020 at 08:03 AM.
MRLZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
When it comes to shipping vehicles, you must keep 3 things in mind. Price, quality and speed.
I shipped a car from CA to MO 20 years ago. It took 6 weeks. Turns out, the shipping company used tandem drivers. They would park the rig at a truck stop, unload the car they were delivering, and mine, drop off the car and use mine as a return vehicle back to the truck.
When I finally got my car, it had an additional 1600 miles on the odometer, it was full of cigarette ashes and it required a complete respray from all the paint damage.
I bought my own trailer and do my own shipping now.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
KYVOM1LE

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
I am sure you will get many responses on shipping costs. Probably expect $800 to $1200 (one way) from Arizona and also depends if on covered carrier or not. Just guessing from shipping a car from Texas to BG.

Hope you can make it
KYVOM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I would be willing to drive it over there for you. Heck, I will even pay for gas.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
I'd haul it out there and back but it would cost you for the personal service and enclosed trailer.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
MRLZL1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
When it comes to shipping vehicles, you must keep 3 things in mind. Price, quality and speed.
I shipped a car from CA to MO 20 years ago. It took 6 weeks. Turns out, the shipping company used tandem drivers. They would park the rig at a truck stop, unload the car they were delivering, and mine, drop off the car and use mine as a return vehicle back to the truck.
When I finally got my car, it had an additional 1600 miles on the odometer, it was full of cigarette ashes and it required a complete respray from all the paint damage.
I bought my own trailer and do my own shipping now.
I would die! Sorry to hear the horrible story.
Yes I always do my research which is why I'm starting now.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
MRLZL1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13DuskKY View Post
I am sure you will get many responses on shipping costs. Probably expect $800 to $1200 (one way) from Arizona and also depends if on covered carrier or not. Just guessing from shipping a car from Texas to BG.

Hope you can make it
Ya I had the Camaro and wife's VW shipped enclosed from Houston to AZ late last year. It's just a ton of money to send it round trip, hopefully I can figure it out!
Old 02-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #8
MRLZL1LE

[QUOTE=StreetRage320;10730121]I would be willing to drive it over there for you. Heck, I will even pay for gas. [/QUOTE

Offer appreciated, but If it's adding 3000+ miles to the odometer, I will be the one ripping through the gears! Especially with all the new work getting done rn
Old 02-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #9
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
I don't book them but I load a lot of trucks, from broker www.JTcompanyinc.com is one of the better ones, Ask for Anita shes the GM.
What you have is a specialty load high end car, but also a LTL (less then truck load) so you need to be flexible if they can add yours on to another partial you might get a better rate.
You can also use something like Uship.com, they all kind of use the same method of finding drivers for loads.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #10
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I will say this, do NOT use Dependable Auto Shippers. They ripped out the suspension on my old Honda Civic and took 7 months to re-imburse.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #11
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I will say this, do NOT use Dependable Auto Shippers. They ripped out the suspension on my old Honda Civic and took 7 months to re-imburse.
DAS service varies (as with all other brokers) because they contract out a lot, if not all, of the work. At least they did when I last used them.

I use another broker these days and the result is always determined by the company who accepts the job. I've had great deliveries and car put into the transport and terrible examples.

Since I'm shipping totalled out crashed cars to rebuild I don't really care as much though.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote