Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2024, 05:51 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Looks like it's totaled

Swerved to avoid an a$$ in a Jeep headed right for my driver's door, got hit TWICE by him anyway. He had 4 people in the car, PLUS an "Independent witness" who said I swerved for no reason and hit him. I was found at fault and cited. My insurance company AND the insurance investigator are all like "WTF!!!!"

12 years old and just shy of 170,000 miles, and even thought the car is (was) immaculate body and mechanically, I'm guessing 10K + of damage - the exhaust and underneath was also damaged.

It's not worth my time to fight the ticket, I have work-related PTSD and I have pretty much shut down since the accident. I just want this whole thing done and over with. I should find out Monday (2-26-2024) the final word.

At this point, I'm praying the car is totaled. I don't want it back - even if by some miracle it's not totaled and can be repaired properly. I don't even want ANY car right now.

So this is likely good bye to Camaro 5. I have already deleted all of my Camaro-related FB pages, because I am just DONE.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2024, 06:36 AM   #2
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
That sucks but at least you were not hurt physically.

All the best getting over your pain.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 06:52 AM   #3
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
That sucks
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 07:03 AM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
That sucks. I'm sorry this Jeep guy is not only taking your Camaro, but your Camaro life. Best of luck with the PTSD, that stuff is no joke.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:53 AM   #5
Pops

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 2012 C6 vette M6
Certainly feel for you. Get better soon.
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 09:27 AM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Wow, that totally bite brother!! Sad to see your camaro destroyed by a careless driver. I wish you all the best with your future, and your healing. As stated, glad you are alright physically, wish you the best with your PTSD!! Best wishes brother!!
Old 02-24-2024, 11:43 AM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’m sorry to see that. I enjoy following your detail videos and reviews. Your endorsements have caused me to try some of the things you’ve used. Glad you are ok. I pray that your PTSD is manageable, that is a terrible terrible struggle to live with.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 12:34 PM   #8
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I know your upset but if you honestly think you aren't at fault you need to fight the ticket. Several years ago my wife was involved in an accident and she was charged. I asked the police officer why she was charged and he said she didn't think she crossed but the other driver said he absolutely didn't cross so she was charged. The skid marks for both cars on the centerline before the impact and it looked they had both crossed at the same time before impact. The police officer knew the other driver (former cop) and they were both joking around-no one was hurt. I took some pictures and was going to fight it in court but the cost of the ticket didn't make it worth us both missing work. Two years later we got notice that we were being sued for personal injury for a huge some of money. During the deposition I was asked why my wife paid the ticket if I had proof they were equally at fault-of course I hadn't kept the pictures so we had nothing. The moron (now a collage cop) had posted to social media a bunch pictures of him teaching karate and entering competitions showing he wasn't having an issues. Even so the insurance company ended up giving him some money to go away.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #9
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i hope you can get through the PTSD issues and move on one way or another with your life.hopefully at some point your enthusiasm for cars will return.believe it or not your car looks a lot better than mine did after a wreck with a semi a couple of years ago,and mine was repaired at a cost of 13k.its as good as new although i still have issues in reguard to semis and try to avoid being too close to them.there are pics of my car somewhere on the site,from around the 4th of july 2022.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:55 PM   #10
Dirgam

Drives: 2012 VR GFX SS/RS M6 Convertible
Hi DonM sorry to hear and glad your okay. I don't understand how the insurance company can figure you hit him with your rear quarter.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:17 PM   #11
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirgam View Post
Hi DonM sorry to hear and glad your okay. I don't understand how the insurance company can figure you hit him with your rear quarter.
Roger that. The only way it appears that damage could happen and be your fault, would be you cranking through a right turn and bringing the rear around into the other vehicle. Otherwise, it’s got to be the other car driving into you.

Like everyone else, glad you’re ok.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:51 PM   #12
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Nothing a little bondo can't fix.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:51 PM   #13
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Dang man! Hope you recover from this and your car IS NOT a total loss. No reason for you to suffer because of some azzhat in Jeep. I would fight this if I were you!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:25 AM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Oh yeah man, that's definitely totaled for sure. More importantly, I am glad you are ok and sorry you have to deal with this and the stress involved. Reading this is making me furious, as I know how you are feeling.

I was driving my 2009 Lancer back in August and got rear ended on US19 at 55mph. The guy hit me so damned hard and destroyed my rear end and shattered the rear window, quarter panel into the RR wheel. I was the lead car in the very left lane. The Dodge Ram hit me probably doing at least 20mph+ more than me based on the damage and how hard the hit was. Problem was, he disputed it and said the 3rd driver involved (also behind me in a different lane) came into his lane and caused him to come into my lane and hit me from behind. The 3rd vehicle was a brand new Ford Ranger, and all he had was a damaged side mirror. The Ram had to be towed from the scene.

The stupid ass FL State Trooper didn't cite anybody...even though I was the lead car and got hit from behind. The case went to arbitration since the other 2 drivers disputed what happened, but they still cited it as a no liability for all parties. The Lancer was the only car I own that didn't have full coverage/collision. It has been sitting in my driveway covered since the accident and is basically a paperweight until I decide what to do with it. Car is definitely totaled based on the other 2 insurance companies adjusters. I will never own a car without collision coverage again unless it's a total POS nor will I drive anything without a front and rear dash cam.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote