Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Q1 Camaro sales up 20%

GM’s First Quarter U.S. Retail Sales Grow 19 Percent

Chevrolet deliveries were up 13 percent.

Tahoe and Suburban sales were up 104 percent and 63 percent, respectively.

The Trailblazer captured more than 10 percent share of the small SUV segment through the first quarter (J.D. Power PIN)

Two models, the Bolt EV and the Traverse, had their best first-quarter retail sales ever. Bolt EV retail sales were up 60 percent and Traverse was up 39 percent.

Five other Chevrolets had double-digit sales increases: the Camaro was up 20 percent, the Malibu was up 46 percent, the Colorado was up 35 percent, the Silverado HD was up 11 percent and the Corvette was up 73 percent.

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...1-gmsales.html
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That's great news!

In my area however the same Camaros tend to sit on the lot for ages. Could be because they are either way overpriced LT1s or loaded up 2ss rag tops. One dealer near me gets LT1s now but they're at least 42k and they're just not moving.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
That's great news!

In my area however the same Camaros tend to sit on the lot for ages. Could be because they are either way overpriced LT1s or loaded up 2ss rag tops. One dealer near me gets LT1s now but they're at least 42k and they're just not moving.
One thing never changes for me... Dealers dont understand what enthusiast buyers want. They dont get it. Whether its pickup trucks or Camaros. They spec what makes them money.
We actually wanted a loaded 2ss vert for my wife. But if I was buying a new Camaro for myself I would order it my way.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:50 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
One thing never changes for me... Dealers dont understand what enthusiast buyers want. They dont get it. Whether its pickup trucks or Camaros. They spec what makes them money.
We actually wanted a loaded 2ss vert for my wife. But if I was buying a new Camaro for myself I would order it my way.

That's the problem. I'm thinking with the LT1 they load it up to make $$ thinking people wont know you can get a 1ss for around the same price with NPP for example.

Like I'm not that dumb to pay 42k for an LT1 lol.

But when I see a rag top for 55k it just sits there. That is nuts. If one has the cash to spend 55k on a Camaro SS you might as well just go get the Zl1 or C8 and spend more.

The dealers here in Southwest Florida don't carry a huge selection of the v8 muscle cars. My two local Ford dealers usually only have ONE GT on the lot and it's a loaded up premium. The Chevy dealer by my house it's a shocker they have more than one v8 Camaro right now.

It's the same thing with the Mustang. When the Ford dealers have a GT on their lot it's a loaded up to the max premium and they sit for ages.

Many enthusiast don't want a loaded to the max car. I'd rather have the bare bones with an automatic and throw a few grand in mods myself. I have no use for a stupid moon roof for example.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:02 PM   #5
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
That's the problem. I'm thinking with the LT1 they load it up to make $$ thinking people wont know you can get a 1ss for around the same price with NPP for example.

But when I see a rag top for 55k it just sits there. That is nuts. If one has the cash to spend 55k on a Camaro SS you might as well just go get the Zl1 or C8 and spend more.

The dealers here in Southwest Florida don't carry a huge selection of the v8 muscle cars. My two local Ford dealers usually only have ONE GT on the lot and it's a loaded up premium. The Chevy dealer by my house it's a shocker they have more than one v8 Camaro right now.

It's the same thing with the Mustang. When the Ford dealers have a GT on their lot it's a loaded up to the max premium and they sit for ages.

Many enthusiast don't want a loaded to the max car. I'd rather have the bare bones with an automatic and throw a few grand in mods myself. I have no use for a stupid moon roof for example.
You can’t compare a vert to a coupe. Top goes down and price goes up. What’s a ZL1 vert go for? 80+? That’s 25+ more than a loaded 2SS.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:38 AM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
this is true,and i know chevy needs to make a profit,but the high cost of labor is eating them up.im sure its great to be in a union,but if you are not in one its hard to buy a new car.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:40 AM   #7
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
That's great news!

I think you said it all. Camaro sales would increase if dealers didn’t order either garbage combinations or just option them up when people want a cheap V8 sports car.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #8
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I think you said it all. Camaro sales would increase if dealers didn’t order either garbage combinations or just option them up when people want a cheap V8 sports car.
That is so true for all makes. Friend of mine used to work at a Ford dealer and he got into it with management all the time that if he could spec the mustangs they order for stock they would sell them much quicker. They let him do it a few times and those cars barely sat on the lot a week while all the ones the GM ordered sat for months
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 AM   #9

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Do you really expect dealers to give up the bait-and-switch sales tactic? To get exactly what you want, order it how you want....and just wait.

Not sure how Chevy claims a 20% increase for Camaro over last year's first quarter. The numbers here show a 1-2% decrease...

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/Pag...0Q1%202021.pdf

Last edited by 90503; 04-02-2021 at 08:39 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #10
tripowergto
WHEELIEFEST 22 ~ 8/14/21

Drives: 18 HW, 16 Vette, 09 G8 GT, 02 Formu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Do you really expect dealers to give up the bait-and-switch sales tactic? To get exactly what you want, order it how you want....and just wait.

Not sure how Chevy claims a 20% increase for Camaro over last year's first quarter. The numbers here show a 1-2% decrease...

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/Pag...0Q1%202021.pdf

The key word is "retail" sales. Hertz stopped buying Camaro convertibles in FL.
14 Crystal Red Volt (traded)
10 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS 426 HP LS3 "MAIDEN" (TOTALED!)
09 Stryker Blue G8 GT w/sport/prem/sunroof
02 Firebird Formula LS1 HURST 6SPD(1st new car)

tripowergto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:13 AM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
WOW! 20%?!?! So, they sold 12 instead of 10?

A 20% increase or decrease is paltry in terms of actual numbers because we're dealing with a car that does not sell in large volume. If there was an appreciable change in volume, they would quote the units and not the percentage...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #12
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Dealers train to screw buyers like a boxer trains to fight. But its like book knowledge compared to experience. They think they are getting over on everyone loading the vehicles up. Then they sit on the lot for 9 months.
Thats fine with the mini SUVs and commuter appliances. But for a vehicle someone buys for real work or real play they dont know jack. The only way to buy and get what you want is to order. put your specs together and shop it around to as many dealers as your willing to travel to and buy. Work them against each other.
I could not find a gas F-250 with 4.30 rears within 100 miles. What I ended up ordering was a Lariat with rubber floor. They were litterally disturbed that anyone would buy a Lariat and not get carpet... and who wants 4.30 rears... they made me give a $1,000 DP because they said they would be stuck with it if I bailed. Koons where I also shopped my order bought one in my spec and it sold in weeks.
As for a loaded Camaro... you have to understand there is definitely a market for that.
I was looking at verts for a couple of years after renting them in Fla. a few times. My wife loved them. So with her lease running down I was scanning for them. Found a 2ss vert with M-6. Sticker was 53 but we paid 46. It was December 30th. so they were ready to deal. But I bet they spent 8 months turning down offers higher than that.
Right next to our 2020 was a 2021 coupe. 2SS with magride. I would prefer the coupe myself but the wife was wanting a vert for 30 years. But even still they put a moon roof in the coupe. I would rather a coupe without moon roof for $900.
Not a lot of options available anyway so the dealers just randomly load them up. They could not understand why I wanted a rubber floor... I work in mud and salt and all whatever gets tracked in and ruins the carpet. Why would anyone ever put a carpet in a truck?
I dont think the options add weight to the Camaro. A slightly larger screen... leather... Apple car play.
The Recaros cost a lot more. But for a DD I prefer the stock 2SS seats. But it seems either because of the interior of the vert or the Recaros my wife was able to reach the pedals in the vert and even with the stock 2SS seats she had to tip toe the clutch. So vert it is.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:

I bought a loaded LT1 for a little more than a 1SS with NPP. I am okay with being dumb. I did not want the weight of hardware on the SS that I do not need at all. But of course NPP is a must for me, as well as the Bose, Recaros, and a sunroof.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #14
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
When those people realize that gm doesn't stand behind their products they won't be future buyers.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote