Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Finally put the winter tires on

So I decided a few days ago while the temperature was at 60 degrees here in Pittsburgh it was time to finally put the new rims and Blizzak tires from tire rack I ordered back in early October. With it starting to snow all around its only a matter time before we get nailed. So here are some pictures, but I this wish that GM would have the same set up with there lug nuts like tire rack. One thing is certain thieves will have a hard time stealing these wheels because the lug nuts are short and you can't just use a wrench to break them loose. You will need an adapter , it's almost like a wheel lock but the whole lug nut fits inside. You will see by the pictures.
Attached Images

Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Looks good. What size are those wheels?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
Bob RS

There 19 inch, wanted 18 inch but every rim I try to get they only had 2 of these or 3 of them left I couldn't get a set 4 so I settled on these at a price of $107 per rim.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:18 AM   #4
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I believe a whole bunch of us have those wheels. I remember getting a line on them from someone else, but I built a spreadsheet/calculator and came up with an offset that would allow the the outside of the tires to be in relatively the same place, in addition to a tire size that would close to the original.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #5
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Coastal bend Mustangs of Texas

Nice wheels & which tires? I enjoy driving in snow & ice but the other drivers are what scare me especially on ice. I was trained in Tennessee, never in Texas where I live near San Antonio Bay.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
Bob RS

Then I got lucky with these rims because according to the tire rack representative they were the last 4 in stock. The tire is a 19 inch Bilzzak WS90 there suppose to last longer then the WS80. And yes, this wheel & tire package does complement the car very well. JamesNoBrakes how well does your Camaro drive in the snow with these tires, I haven't had the pleasure yet? Car looks awesome.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:05 PM   #7
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
JamesNoBrakes how well does your Camaro drive in the snow with these tires, I haven't had the pleasure yet? Car looks awesome.
Like crap! It's a RWD car! The biggest issue is starting out. In Alaska, the conditions can vary so much though. Sometimes cold snow can be fairly grippy, a lot of places will build up impacted ice over time though and it's just not practical to try and drive such a car. It changes a lot though over winter and there are periods where the temp gets high and you can drive like it's the middle of summer...relatively. Right now it's well above freezing, we had a ton of rain recently, no snow, so driving is "back on".

The stability control is pretty darn good these days and it keeps the rear from kicking out in most situations, but you have to be careful not to go faster than your front tires can grip in a turn and again, starting is the worst part usually. If it's any kind of a hill or real ice, you are just screwed for the most part. People knock AWD all the time, but it's super helpful and not only starting out, but I had a car come at me sideways in an intersection a few years ago, being able to push the gas and go faster instead of throwing out the rear is also helpful.

But again, all that said, I can drive it just fine during the winter at times when it's dry/above freezing. I try to avoid salty parking lots and try to limit my exposure, but the winter tires and wheels let me exercise it during the winter, rather than having to store it. With the climate changing up here, I can drive it more and more in the winter and the winter is shorter and shorter, so there's that.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Getting mine on as I type this , lucky me I called the tire place on lunch at work they had a opening at 12:30 pm came right down after work. Tomorrow 9” of snow. I got the Goodyear all season but winters are better. 3 days ago it was only a inch or two.