Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #29
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightening View Post
Yes I own American Thunder Flowmaster on my Camaro. I love it! It's not overly loud or obnoxious amounts of drone. The noise from the exhaust in the cabin is just right , it's easy to have a conversation on the phone. At WOT it sounds amazing like a race car with all the popping as you shift gears and Reving when you down shift.
That's awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks!!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #30
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
It's between Borla and flowmaster for me. The Borla is just so expensive. Can you upload a short clip? I'd like to hear it.
https://youtu.be/xej3ntXMpbM

Not the best audio but you can get an idea
Edit:This is the Flowmaster American Thunder system.

Last edited by Chez; 08-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #31
WhiteLightening

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 RS, 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chwz View Post

Hey how much performance boost are you getting from that ported throttle body and all your other mods like cold air intake?
Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #32
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:

That sounds good! That's an awesome video, I'm jealous of your driving skills. Good job.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #33
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hey how much performance boost are you getting from that ported throttle body and all your other mods like cold air intake?
Yeah I need a CAI too. I would like CAI or rotofab but if they're going to drag their feet they'll lose my money. They've had these cars since 2016 so I won't sit and wait for them. I understand the business side but sometimes business passes you by if you take your customer for granted.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #34
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Yeah I need a CAI too. I would like CAI or rotofab but if they're going to drag their feet they'll lose my money. They've had these cars since 2016 so I won't sit and wait for them. I understand the business side but sometimes business passes you by if you take your customer for granted.
I've had my car test fit for products from K&N and subsidiaries, and at the end of this month i'm having my car test fit by a company representing at least 3 more intakes from companies for the V6.

There's already a handful of intakes available for the V6. Soon there should be at least 3 more.

However, i've yet to see any that were 50 state legal. Just K&N's drop in.

But yea, even though it's the second half of 2017, companies are still just getting involved in the 2016 camaro. Can't really blame them though, the market they have available is tiny it seems.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #35
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I've had my car test fit for products from K&N and subsidiaries, and at the end of this month i'm having my car test fit by a company representing at least 3 more intakes from companies for the V6.

There's already a handful of intakes available for the V6. Soon there should be at least 3 more.

However, i've yet to see any that were 50 state legal. Just K&N's drop in.

But yea, even though it's the second half of 2017, companies are still just getting involved in the 2016 camaro. Can't really blame them though, the market they have available is tiny it seems.
True, I don't really blame them to be honest. I'm leaning GM right now just because the tune and the fact I know they won't complain about any warranty work. But that's good to know, thanks! I have a bit before I purchase so if there are more options soon I'd love to see it!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #36
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

I've decided on the flowmaster American thunder. It was the first one I truly thought sounded amazing and I could spend years watching videos convincing myself otherwise. I took advice on My 5th gen and got the dynomax VT's and wasn't totally happy. The Borla sounds AWESOME but it's over $2-250 more than the flowmaster and I just don't want to drop $800. Ill keep this thread updated in the future with videos. In the meantime anyone with videos keep sharing away but it will hopefully help the future buyers when they see this thread!

I may wait for a Labor Day sale, I presume those happen for flowmaster.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #37
Chez

Quote:
Honestly, These cars are pretty close to maxed out from the factory. The main difference is sound, but I noticed a small increase in throttle response with the intake and TB. Maybe a little better pull in the high RPM range as well.

I think to maximize the results, a tune would be needed.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #38
Chez

Quote:
That sounds good! That's an awesome video, I'm jealous of your driving skills. Good job.
Thanks

Still have a LONG way to go haha
Old 08-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #39
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Honestly, These cars are pretty close to maxed out from the factory. The main difference is sound, but I noticed a small increase in throttle response with the intake and TB. Maybe a little better pull in the high RPM range as well.

I think to maximize the results, a tune would be needed.
Where did you get a throttle body from?
Old 08-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #40
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Throttle body http://vmaxmotorsports.com/ Price was 150 + sending core back. I noticed a very noticeable increase in throttle response with CAI + throttle body.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 PM   #41
Chez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Where did you get a throttle body from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
Throttle body http://vmaxmotorsports.com/ Price was 150 + sending core back. I noticed a very noticeable increase in throttle response with CAI + throttle body.

It is not on the website so you'll have to call to order it.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #42
Erin2017RS

Drives: 2017 RS
Here's the video of my borla atak. Took it with Snapchat and I'm not too internet savvy so I hope this link works. https://youtu.be/RSswRBjY-lY
Erin2017RS is offline   Reply With Quote