Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 01-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #29
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Should be running and driving tomorrow, and then its all on me for the tuning. Final pics to come.

Here's what's behind the front bumper. Like it was made to receive an intercooler, nice deep opening behind the crash support and ledge to help support

And here's a production quality version of the plate that we mocked up on Monday; did a template and CNC machined a new one the following day

Looking to get a throttle body spacer made for the kits, which will provide a bolt on solution for vacuum source for the blow off valve and for the catch can system. The upcoming 80mm throttle bodies will also be tapped and supercharger/catch can ready.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #30
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
hey Will, did you consider the 4cyl turbo intercooler from GM- 22799480, not sure of its volume, but it would fit
Old 01-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #31
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ImageAndParts.pdf (229.4 KB, 447 views)
Old 01-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
He's going for overkill... using existing parts off the shelf is totally not overkill

Seriously though, all these custom machined parts is just showing up on my screen as big $ signs. Would hope that the only custom machined part would be the mounting bracket and everything else other than the tune could re-use existing parts already made for other kits. It would seem this dream is not to be though, maybe not even possible.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #33
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS
Will, I am amazed...I can't wait to drive it home!

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:36 PM   #34
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
hey Will, did you consider the 4cyl turbo intercooler from GM- 22799480, not sure of its volume, but it would fit
I thought it would be too small but I have no testing to back up that assumption. The 2.0 and 3.6 use the same engine radiator so it should fit. I don't like how if you're running the A/C it'll blast hot air right onto the core since its between the engine rad and A/C. I would imagine other companies will start switching to front mounts that go infront of the condensor for the 2.0 cars if they offer an aftermarket upgrade, like we've done here.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #35
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyneS View Post
Will, I am amazed...I can't wait to drive it home!
Should be driving it tomorrow! Getting a belt in the right size is holding it up today, of all the things. We can get a 6 rib belt locally though so Tracy might throw that on for me tomorrow so I can start doing my tuning and then switch when we get an 8-rib, the latest we'll get one in hand is Monday. Will do more pics tomorrow, and we'll schedule the dyno for Sunday or Monday depending on the operator's schedule.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #36
CMCamaro

Drives: 2022 Silverado, 3.0 diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Should be driving it tomorrow! Getting a belt in the right size is holding it up today, of all the things. We can get a 6 rib belt locally though so Tracy might throw that on for me tomorrow so I can start doing my tuning and then switch when we get an 8-rib, the latest we'll get one in hand is Monday. Will do more pics tomorrow, and we'll schedule the dyno for Sunday or Monday depending on the operator's schedule.
Very nice work sir! I am curious to see how that supercharger will sound with this nicely refined exhaust note on the gen 6.
CMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:07 AM   #37
willoverkill

One of my machinists, a good man, did these throttle spacers up within a few days of my request so we'll be able to try and test them. You can see the ports at the side where we'll be able to install fittings to source engine vacuum without having to make any permanent modifications to the intake manifold. We'll test fit and see, the 90* into the throttle body is pretty tight with the enormous fan shroud they put on from factory but there are solutions to help with that. One side will be a dedicated feed for the blow off valve, the other for the catch can system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCamaro View Post
Very nice work sir! I am curious to see how that supercharger will sound with this nicely refined exhaust note on the gen 6.
If I can manage it, I'll take some in-car video.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:47 PM   #38
willoverkill

Drove the car home tonight, 11 tune revisions along the way, just another day at the office! Will do some walk around pics tomorrow
Old 01-28-2017, 06:40 AM   #39
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Drove the car home tonight, 11 tune revisions along the way, just another day at the office! Will do some walk around pics tomorrow
and video too?

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #40
willoverkill

Haven't put my foot down yet, it was 7 revisions just to get it off the parking lot lol

Got regular driving nice and smooth at regular throttle, it drives very much like you'll remember when not driving it hard, I like how easy it is to drive this system easy.

We've got a fairly low boost setup at the moment while I start tuning heavy throttle but that's also because we're still trying to get the right belt! The little things that hold up a project never fail. Lots of phone calls today to find one and more feedback to come
Old 01-28-2017, 08:50 AM   #41
willoverkill

Jaguar in Sarasota has the belt I need, for only $121, plus tax!!! lol
Old 01-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #42
WhiteLightening

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 RS, 2005 Mustang GT
How much would this cost all together for production?