Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #15
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camar05 View Post
Sport mode is used daily for me
Same here. I switched to tour the other day and I could REALLY tell the difference.
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #16
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I have a manual transmission... I feel no difference at all. That snow mode is the only one that changes anything for me. It makes takeoffs sluggish and changes the throttle response.
I have a manual and I can feel a difference in both throttle response and steering. My car feels "peppier" in lower RPMs when in sport.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #17
central limit

Drives: 2016 1LT M6
There is a detailed chart in the owner's manual on page 223 that explains the difference between modes as it applies to models/features. The .pdf is available on mychevrolet dot com, very handy to keep on mobile devices.
central limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #18
synaptik

Drives: 2016 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by central limit View Post
There is a detailed chart in the owner's manual on page 223 that explains the difference between modes as it applies to models/features. The .pdf is available on mychevrolet dot com, very handy to keep on mobile devices.
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ro1stPrint.pdf
synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #19
Goobaba

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Manual
I have a manual, only difference I notice between sport and tour is heavier steering feel in sport, but I prefer the steering feel of tour.

Snow/Ice also makes the throttle much subtle
Goobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #20
Goobaba

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
I have a manual and I can feel a difference in both throttle response and steering. My car feels "peppier" in lower RPMs when in sport.
I don't believe throttle response changes for tour/sport, only snow/ice.
Goobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #21
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Disagre about them being subtle, only because after a day full of AutoX and getting in 20 runs that day, it's a huge difference in sport vs touring.

-The transmission shifts are quicker and far more crisp.

-the gear holding feature is GREAT especially when you just need to let off and coast thru a turn or 3 cone slalom.

Also if you drive your car hard enough, you'll see a "perfomance shift active" note on the display

There's also the launch control sequence I just tried at the drag track last Sunday. It's been posted about in the Trans forum. That netted me my quickest time of the day. This can only be done while in sport mode.

Honestly, in sport mode you really have to get on it to see and feel the difference. If you take the car from 0-near triple digits, you see and feel the advantages.

If you're just daily driving and maybe an acceleration to merge into traffic, I agree it's subtle most times.

But if you drive hard. You'll know the difference. In a v8 or a v6. The first time I experienced that was in a locals brand new ss he used for autox this year. The ride along whipped my a $$. Danny can drive, hence being a national winning scca competitor in solo, and with sport mode and traction all off...there wasn't a thing of subtletly. He's one of those guys that can drive a car above 7 or 8/10ths. Legit.

In traffic where you have to point and shoot around the avg munson...I run sport. But easy highway driving I'll do touring.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #22
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I just leave mine in sport all the time. Might be part of why my mpg is so terrible (17 mpg avg - 99% city).

The reason for me is steering feel. I love a firm response and weighty wheel. It honestly reminds me of my 4th gens in sport mode. I'm 41 and way out of shape, but it just feels right. I think it is a very noticeable difference. I have a couple small dogs and they will occasionally change the mode by stepping on the button. I always notice when that happens.

I have the manual trans and I only notice the steering feel and I've never noticed a difference with throttle response (except snow/ice which is extreme). I do switch the mode to touring for the softer exhaust with my wife in the car.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #23
adrian1996
@mart_add

Drives: 2016 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Disagre about them being subtle, only because after a day full of AutoX and getting in 20 runs that day, it's a huge difference in sport vs touring.

-The transmission shifts are quicker and far more crisp.

-the gear holding feature is GREAT especially when you just need to let off and coast thru a turn or 3 cone slalom.

Also if you drive your car hard enough, you'll see a "perfomance shift active" note on the display

There's also the launch control sequence I just tried at the drag track last Sunday. It's been posted about in the Trans forum. That netted me my quickest time of the day. This can only be done while in sport mode.

Honestly, in sport mode you really have to get on it to see and feel the difference. If you take the car from 0-near triple digits, you see and feel the advantages.

If you're just daily driving and maybe an acceleration to merge into traffic, I agree it's subtle most times.

But if you drive hard. You'll know the difference. In a v8 or a v6. The first time I experienced that was in a locals brand new ss he used for autox this year. The ride along whipped my a $$. Danny can drive, hence being a national winning scca competitor in solo, and with sport mode and traction all off...there wasn't a thing of subtletly. He's one of those guys that can drive a car above 7 or 8/10ths. Legit.

In traffic where you have to point and shoot around the avg munson...I run sport. But easy highway driving I'll do touring.
Wait the V6 has launch control sequence ?
adrian1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #24
adrian1996
@mart_add

Drives: 2016 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I just leave mine in sport all the time. Might be part of why my mpg is so terrible (17 mpg avg - 99% city).

The reason for me is steering feel. I love a firm response and weighty wheel. It honestly reminds me of my 4th gens in sport mode. I'm 41 and way out of shape, but it just feels right. I think it is a very noticeable difference. I have a couple small dogs and they will occasionally change the mode by stepping on the button. I always notice when that happens.

I have the manual trans and I only notice the steering feel and I've never noticed a difference with throttle response (except snow/ice which is extreme). I do switch the mode to touring for the softer exhaust with my wife in the car.
you can also just go into the car settings and have the steering be firm all the time no matter what mode you are in.
adrian1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #25
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1996 View Post
you can also just go into the car settings and have the steering be firm all the time no matter what mode you are in.
Not true, you can't do that with just the basic radio.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #26
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post
Not true, you can't do that with just the basic radio.
hrm. Would be odd that they'd tie steering stiffness to 7" mylink vs 8" mylink.

Also, you can have an lt1 or an rs ...but not both to describe the same car (your profile info)
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #27
synaptik

Drives: 2016 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
hrm. Would be odd that they'd tie steering stiffness to 7" mylink vs 8" mylink.

Also, you can have an lt1 or an rs ...but not both to describe the same car (your profile info)
I am sure he means 1lt rs ... I have a 2lt rs :-)
synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #28
polbit

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT V6 Auto
I definitely feel the difference, and would leave it in Sport all the time, with the exception of the Performance Shit mode getting activated on it's own. Is there any way to disable it? It's quite annoying when it activates just because I stepped on it for few seconds...

I get the benefits of it at a track, but not on my way to work...