Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #15
AirplanesRLife

Drives: '16 Camaro, Pontiac Grand Prix (x2)
Atak

I don't have NPP, either. Kinda figured on maybe doing exhaust (so save the money for the aftermarket) and honestly I know me, I'd always have the butterflies on the NPP wide open anyhow lol. So NPP wasn't a criteria when I was looking for my car.
2016 Hyper Blue 3.6 M6 | 15% Tint, Black Bowties, Leather Knee Pads, Borla ATAKs, blackout tails, Diode Dynamics side markers Next up: body color antenna, T7 splitter, Blade Spoiler, RS/SS headlight conversion
AirplanesRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #16
cryssm

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirplanesRLife View Post
Atak

I don't have NPP, either. Kinda figured on maybe doing exhaust (so save the money for the aftermarket) and honestly I know me, I'd always have the butterflies on the NPP wide open anyhow lol. So NPP wasn't a criteria when I was looking for my car.
Nice. Haha, I can understand that! I don't have NPP, either. I was contemplating the S-Type, but still not entirely decided. What area of the Space Coast are you in, if you don't mind my asking? I'd love to hear it in person, if you'd be interested in meeting up sometime once it's installed.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:44 PM   #17
AirplanesRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssm View Post
Nice. Haha, I can understand that! I don't have NPP, either. I was contemplating the S-Type, but still not entirely decided. What area of the Space Coast are you in, if you don't mind my asking? I'd love to hear it in person, if you'd be interested in meeting up sometime once it's installed.
I'll inbox you. Sure, once installed I'd be amicable
2016 Hyper Blue 3.6 M6 | 15% Tint, Black Bowties, Leather Knee Pads, Borla ATAKs, blackout tails, Diode Dynamics side markers Next up: body color antenna, T7 splitter, Blade Spoiler, RS/SS headlight conversion
Old 11-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #18
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to... Are you asking about the difference between NPP & Non-NPP, are you asking about the difference between our S-Type & ATAK exhaust system sound levels, or something else?

Thank you.
Difference between our S-Type & ATAK , I did some more reading on the two and got an answer. Thanks
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #19
Bodyslide

Quote:
Atak

Post a video up of the sound. I would love to hear it. Thanks
Old 11-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #20
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
Is there any cutting involved in installation? Also, eagerly awaiting your impressions of it in person vs stock

Thanks
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #21
Bodyslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewska View Post
Is there any cutting involved in installation? Also, eagerly awaiting your impressions of it in person vs stock

Thanks
The installation instructions are on the Borla page, and you will need to cut the stock exhaust and remove the existing muffler.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #22
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
got it, thanks

I guess I'll get getting the mid/X-pipes as well
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #23
AirplanesRLife

Well everyone... I just got word it won't ship until the end of the month. I'll post a video and an update when I get it and it's on though
Old 11-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #24
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
Quote:
Well everyone... I just got word it won't ship until the end of the month. I'll post a video and an update when I get it and it's on though

what part number did you get ? 11929 or 111928
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #25
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
Hi Lisa,

What's the difference between a dual mode exhaust and a dual mode exhaust with NPP?
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #26
AirplanesRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohete_camaro View Post
what part number did you get ? 11929 or 111928

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #27
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Nov 30th for you too?

Yup ,sitting in the same boat for my 11928. just got the word from phastek last week.

Kinda the drizzles for a product that they claimed was available, and its on backorder from the start.

hopefully its worth the wait. Don't wanna look back and feel that I shoulda just went with MRT or MagnaFlow...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #28
AirplanesRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Nov 30th for you too?

Yup ,sitting in the same boat for my 11928. just got the word from phastek last week.

Kinda the drizzles for a product that they claimed was available, and its on backorder from the start.

hopefully its worth the wait. Don't wanna look back and feel that I shoulda just went with MRT or MagnaFlow...
Exactly, was thinking it was available NOW, but was told Nov. 30th. Oh well. Agreed. I know it sounds good, and I too thought about moving on to something else, but I can wait a couple of weeks. Just jumped the gun on being excited for it to get here....
I got it on sale, it was a good deal and I'm installing it myself. I'm just over-eager to get it, lol.

Tags
axle-back, borla, borla exhaust, camaro v6, exhaust