Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #29
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Nobody took my valves out. I stood there and watched all the work done on my car. Granted I do have the V6 automatic. But it does not have any adaptive valves on it all the way up to the main cats. I discussed this with Ricardo and he couldn't come up with them either.
Sooooooo... your v6 may not have had them... but on mine...

Not saying you are wrong....ON YOUR CAR....but here's proof...on mine.

Maybe it's a manufacturing variance?

Also, notice how clamped that pipe is... the the same valve and clamped section on BOTH pipes.
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #30
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Is your stick or automatic?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #31
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Is your stick or automatic?
8 speed auto

Normal? Or do I have a freak anomaly?
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 05-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #32
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
No idea....I didn't see those valves on mine. Nevertheless I can tell no difference in the AFM without them.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
No idea....I didn't see those valves on mine. Nevertheless I can tell no difference in the AFM without them.
chances are, if you have an axle back installed, you've increased flow a bit post mid-muffler, and there's enough sound absorbing (or cancelling depending on the style/brand used) if you installed resonators or mufflers near the rear, you wont hear much difference when cylinders deactivate and switch down to "v4", from "v6".

like you said before they have em on the v8's as well, but remember its going from a 2.75 inch pipe on an 8 cylinder and deactivating to a 4 cylinder.

our pipe size is around 2.5 in some spots and with clamps in the pipes, prob flow as well as 2.25 or maybe smaller. so loosing 2 cylinders of flow isn't gonna make as much of a sound difference on pipes flowing 2.25 or smaller as much as loosing 4 cylinders worth of flow, and having a near 3 inch pipe size.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #34
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
could it be possible the rs package does not have the valves? added bonus for the package?
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #35
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdar66 View Post
could it be possible the rs package does not have the valves? added bonus for the package?
possibly... if yours is still stock, any chance you'd be willing to check?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #36
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'll take a peak at mine to see if i have the adaptive valve while checking for that "service bulletin" about cracked suspension part.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #37
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I'll take a peak at mine to see if i have the adaptive valve while checking for that "service bulletin" about cracked suspension part.

Gewwwwww! Fill me in...

Old 05-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #38
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
possibly... if yours is still stock, any chance you'd be willing to check?
i had min in the air last week.... got a nail in my $400
tire.. checked and to no surprise mine didnt have them. i have a m6 though so it was expected. i dont have afm but from the pictures that glen has put on when he had the work done to his exhaust mine was no different stock. and the only thing i can think of is that could maybe be the factor is the rs package. the only thing is i have an rs thats manual so im not a good example.
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #39
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
tire.. checked and to no surprise mine didnt have them. i have a m6 though so it was expected. i dont have afm but from the pictures that glen has put on when he had the work done to his exhaust mine was no different stock. and the only thing i can think of is that could maybe be the factor is the rs package. the only thing is i have an rs thats manual so im not a good example.
Possibly. Now we just need to find another automatic, perhaps with the RS pacage to rule out if the RS package deletes it.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #40
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Ill check mine tonight. A8 RS 2LT.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #41
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Ill check mine tonight. A8 RS 2LT.

on a side note, MagnaFlow finally released the pics and instructions to their "Competition" Series 19332 exhaust.... the 19931 is also up...basically straight pipes.

the pics in the PDF file, had the valves too...

http://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/19332.pdf
Attached Images

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 05-18-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 PM   #42
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
$400 tire? For an all season run flat?

That because they are new or should we expect this type of pricing in the future? If those prices remain I'll be looking to get different tires once these are worn out.