Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Reasons to come to the OshawaHomecoming/Ontario Nationals

Well - first of all - you'll want to be there to meet "Super60" (aka Mike J.) and the men and women of Oshawa Assembly!

(Mike - I'm sorry I didn't get over to your area in the plant to say hello --thanks for all you do for our fellow Camaro Enthusiasts!)

And......to meet these three people - Linda, Erik, and Johnathan -- they helped to build YOUR Camaro - and just as important: They OWN 5th Gen Camaros!

Last edited by fbodfather; 03-15-2011 at 09:40 PM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I cant wait for the trip!! I was also hoping maybe you and some of the factory workers would sign my camaro?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Scott

No problem , i did see you and your crew just as you were leaving the Body Shop and entering the Trim/Hardware dept , but duty calls and i was tracking a Camaro , hopefully we'll meet up again in June . Also Thanks for taking the time to chat with Linda and Erik , i called them on my radio and gave them the heads up , they were thrilled to meet you and it means alot to me that you also signed a couple of special items . Have a save trip home and talk to you in June.

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
I'm counting down the days!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Tour confirmed, room booked, passport in hand.

Come on June!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Lapdogherc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
I got my confirmation on Saturday. I can't wait to get there. I am hoping for a late morning tour. Will be driving 4 hrs to get there that morning.
Lapdogherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
8 posts in this thread and already 2 Rhode Island members that are attending. This is going to be a great trip, can't wait to see everyone and their cars.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Wish I could make the trip to Canada but far too many things going on (closing on house in May, Fbody Gathering in May) not enough vacation days for the trip from Orlando to Oshawa.

Sean
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
10 posts and 2 Maryland members attending!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Scott

No problem , i did see you and your crew just as you were leaving the Body Shop and entering the Trim/Hardware dept , but duty calls and i was tracking a Camaro , hopefully we'll meet up again in June . Also Thanks for taking the time to chat with Linda and Erik , i called them on my radio and gave them the heads up , they were thrilled to meet you and it means alot to me that you also signed a couple of special items . Have a save trip home and talk to you in June.

Mike Judge
Super60

Mike -

First of all - YOU are what GM employees strive to be - and that is a person who "Listens and engages with our customers" -- and I can never thank you enough for what you continue to do for our fellow enthusiasts. (and knowing what I know about you - I just embarrassed you - but you deserve to be recognized for all you do... )

Anywhoo - you have an email - go check it and get back to me!

I really wish you'd been able to catch up to us - I hope you can be with us for the weekend.....as I know that many of our fellow enthusiasts are hoping to get your signature.

It was a delight to meet Linda and Erik and Johnathan - and I tried to say hello to as many people on the line as possible - but, as we both know - they were busy working on (if I must say so myself) some of the most beautiful and handsome cars on the planet....

To everyone: A thought about touring an Assembly plant.....

I seem to have been at GM forever.....

(yes....I'm ancient....)

(.....NO ...I didn NOT personally know Louis B. Chevrolet.........)

-- and the first plant I went thru was the Lordstown, Ohio Assembly plant in September of 1966 (it had just opened and at the time was building brand spanking new 1967 Caprices, Impalas, Bel Airs, and Biscaynes - and shortly thereafter - Firebirds!)

.... - since then, I've been in our plants manymanymany times -- and I STILL am 'all eyes' when I walk thru one of our assembly plants...You REALLY need to figure out how to get here in June to witness -- I mean - there's just nothing better than watching a Camaro being born!

As I walk thru the plant - I think of those who have plunked down their hard-earned dollars to purchase their 'dream car' --

.....and so when I see that one "sold order" Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS convertible -- that just happens to be going to a dealer in California - I wonder just how anxious the customer must be........and how each worker goes about his or her task -- because, you see, we hope that this particular Camaro convertible will be the best car that the customer will have ever owned...........

And lastly..........

>>>>Just announced<<<<<<<<

We have additional capacity for over 4,500 visitors (up from 3,000...) to tour the Camaro assembly line -

You will see:

>Bodies coming from the body shop

>Engines being 'dressed'

>final assembly

>the world of wheels

>the "marriage"

>Camaros (and Regals) "roaring to life"

(......to those of us who love these cars - it's a very moving experience......)

.......no - there are some operations you cannot see - such as the paint shop -- as we must keep it free of any dust/impurities/foreign matter -- but know that the Men and Women of Oshawa -- as well as the members of the Ontario Camaro Club -- are very much looking forward to seeing you and welcoming you to "The Home of Camaro!"

Get your Passports in order today and MAKE SURE to register at

www.ontariocamaroclub.com

You MUST be registered in order to take the Plant tour!

Last edited by fbodfather; 03-16-2011 at 07:58 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Scott, I'm bringing a group of 18 Camaro's to the show and tour.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I sooooo want to go. Damn job. :(

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
fbodfather

OK........yes - I'm prejudiced -

But look at this picture:

Here we have a base Camaro 1LS - doesn't even have his trim rings on his wheels - and still has the protective strips all over his fascia - and we know this Camaro is going to turn heads as it proudly makes its way down a highway or byway........ someone's going to buy this Camaro - and they'll have the 'pride of ownership' that many of us have been fortunate to experience........

I'm hoping that I -- along with a couple thousand other men and women at Chevy and GM of Canada and "Team Camaro" - will get to welcome you to Oshawa - and say hello to you!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You're making me want to go......

....but I'll need to push some money around....the call of the ZL1 is too strong to spend another several hundred dollars (no matter how worthy this is!!!)