Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #169
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I thought you retired...
ha, nope, 2002 hiree, i still have 21 years to go, nice thought though.

If i am working, it will be a afternoon shift im on, 2:30 to 10:30pm

i shall give out my leg number and column number where you can generally find me, bring timmys or gtfo lol
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #170
Alex

Drives: 2011 Camaro Silver Ice
I want to register but I had a couple of questions for anyone who knows. First, if I don't come with a camaro or a firebird, do I register without a car, even though I'm coming with some other car.(but I think I just can't go on the property, right )

Second, if I do get a camaro before June, would I be able to switch my information and add more money (if I need to).

I'm really excited but I want to make sure I do everything right, Thanks in advance
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #171
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I want to register but I had a couple of questions for anyone who knows. First, if I don't come with a camaro or a firebird, do I register without a car, even though I'm coming with some other car.(but I think I just can't go on the property, right )

Second, if I do get a camaro before June, would I be able to switch my information and add more money (if I need to).

I'm really excited but I want to make sure I do everything right, Thanks in advance
This is SOLELY my opinon. But if it were me, and there was a good chance I'd be bringing a Camaro, then I'd go ahead and pay the $35 now because I don't think you could bump it up later. But not sure. Unless you know darn well you're not bringing a car for sure. You're paying $25 for the option, but that's paltry concerning what the weekend total costs will be. Trust me.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #172
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
This is SOLELY my opinon. But if it were me, and there was a good chance I'd be bringing a Camaro, then I'd go ahead and pay the $35 now because I don't think you could bump it up later. But not sure. Unless you know darn well you're not bringing a car for sure. You're paying $25 for the option, but that's paltry concerning what the weekend total costs will be. Trust me.
This is a good idea, I was thinking of doing this but the registration asks for car information like the licence plate number, but also it is not marked mandatory, so maybe I could pay the $35 but not put in car information but what if I do that, drive 10 hours into another country and they don't let me in

I don't want it to fill up while I wait to get my camaro . . . I should have it in April, I think I will just pay the $35 with no info and see what happens, Thanks for the tip el ess x.
if anyone knows what would happen who is involved with the event I would like to know.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #173
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Alex, You are confusing two things...

The plant tour and the Camaro Nationals car show.

$35 - plant tour (you + upto 4) AND entry for your Camaro into the Camaro Nationals show.
$10 - plant tour (you + upto 4). You park somewhere else, can still view the car show and partake in the entire weekend of festivities, your car just isnt IN THE SHOW.

Make sense? If you pay ($10 or $35) you will get in for the tour as long as you register prior to reaching 3000 people. If you may have your car and want it in the show, pay $35. Otherwise, just pay $10.

and before any one asks... WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE REGISTERED. IF YOU'RE EVEN THINKING YOU'LL GO, REGISTER NOW. $35 IS WORTH THE SECURITY OF KNOWING YOU'LL GET TO TOUR IF YOU GO! Samthing goes for a hotel. Just reserve a room. Most have 24 hour cancellezation policy. So if you cant make it, no biggie but rooms are filling up VERY fast. All of them in town!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #174
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Alex, You are confusing two things...

The plant tour and the Camaro Nationals car show.

$35 - plant tour (you + upto 4) AND entry for your Camaro into the Camaro Nationals show.
$10 - plant tour (you + upto 4). You park somewhere else, can still view the car show and partake in the entire weekend of festivities, your car just isnt IN THE SHOW.

Make sense? If you pay ($10 or $35) you will get in for the tour as long as you register prior to reaching 3000 people. If you may have your car and want it in the show, pay $35. Otherwise, just pay $10.

and before any one asks... WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE REGISTERED. IF YOU'RE EVEN THINKING YOU'LL GO, REGISTER NOW. $35 IS WORTH THE SECURITY OF KNOWING YOU'LL GET TO TOUR IF YOU GO! Samthing goes for a hotel. Just reserve a room. Most have 24 hour cancellezation policy. So if you cant make it, no biggie but rooms are filling up VERY fast. All of them in town!
Oh I see thanks for the quick responses.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #175
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
ha, nope, 2002 hiree, i still have 21 years to go, nice thought though.

If i am working, it will be a afternoon shift im on, 2:30 to 10:30pm

i shall give out my leg number and column number where you can generally find me, bring timmys or gtfo lol
... I got you mixed up w/ The Mole... he's the one that retired...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #176
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
Ok everyone i have my plant tour ticket / receipt. I have a question about the weekend events (i never attended such a event) what will the schedule be like and events that could be expected. will their be some type of schedule put out. sorry for any nob questions. Thanks All
Old 03-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #177
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeko View Post
Ok everyone i have my plant tour ticket / receipt. I have a question about the weekend events (i never attended such a event) what will the schedule be like and events that could be expected. will their be some type of schedule put out. sorry for any nob questions. Thanks All
Yes, there will be a schedule posted some time soon. You'll have a GREAT time, trust me!

Have you given your email address to CajunCamaroChic so she can email you with updates? Check out this thread here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116335

Edited to add email address for CajunCamaroChic: bbomg2011@yahoo.com
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #178
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Sounds like a killer trip!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #179
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
If you drive in Canada, don't you need a "rider" on your insurance policy as well ??
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #180
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastohio View Post
If you drive in Canada, don't you need a "rider" on your insurance policy as well ??
Most insurance companies automatically cover you in Canada without you having to do anything. That said, it only takes a minute to either call your agent or go online and request Canadian ID cards. I did it online with Geico in 2 minutes and had the cards in a week. Keep in mind though that they expire the same time as your normal ID cards. Watch the date of your expiration or you may be getting them now and have to get them again before the trip. Again, do you absolutely need them? No. But, better safe than sorry.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #181
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Im listed under the CamaroZ28 site on page 1. I will be coming in on Thursday, with the SW Ohio group. I will be bringing my car, and I have a hotel booked.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #182
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
Im listed under the CamaroZ28 site on page 1. I will be coming in on Thursday, with the SW Ohio group. I will be bringing my car, and I have a hotel booked.
YAY!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote